Politics Body Image

nance said:
i think that's the only thing i like about myself... i can eat anything and everything i want :lol: and not be woried about being fat... ^_^

and then people say they hate me. :angry: :lol:
that's awesome nance. i have to work really hard to stay thin. i barely eat anything because i'm NEVER hungry, but i still need food, and i don't understand why i weigh more than people who eat at least 5X what i do ... oh well i guess my metabolism is just slow .. -_-

twinzz2003 said:
exactly and you know what's worse. my friend wasn't the only one to get hurt by the same jerk... I know a few other girls who went through the same thing she did. It makes me want to tell the world to watch out for him.
wow, that sucks. i would want to tell everyone what a jerk he is, too. :angry: :blink:

Omg that's horrible twinzz2003! :eek: What a terrible boyfriend, that poor girl. Awww! Guys like that don't deserve to have girlfriends. :angry:

Hmmm I don't know if this thread applies to this but......

It really pisses me off when food 'professionals' say you should eat certain things to keep yourself healthy. They act like you HAVE to consume a certain amount of veggies or dairy or you'll die. :rolleyes: I usually grab a pizza pop for dinner, or a bagel for breakfast and yes there are days when I forget to eat if I have a huge test, essay or project I have to work on. How dare some 'professional' tell me it's not right to eat like that? It's just not convinient most of the time. For example, women should consume about 2400 calories a day 'to be healthy'. That's insane! I'm 5'3, 110lbs and I consume about 1000 calories and feel that it suits me, and I don't think I'm being 'unhealthy' in fact I don't think it's really all that important. :o_O: Also I probably don't consume as much dairy or veggies as I should but is'nt that what vitamin supplements are for? It just bugs me that these 'professionals' tell us what we should eat when another 'professional' tells us something totally different. It seems to me that they tell us what's healthy just to sell their own books and tips, and I highly doubt they hav'nt missed a meal or ate junk food themselves. ;)

I don't know.....does it bug anyone else how THEY determine what others should eat when it's really not that big a deal? I mean it's the same thing as if saying someone should'nt sit too close to the tv. It may hurt your eyes, but then again it may not. :rolleyes: It's just lame. I don't know, it just bugs me!

SiriCerasi said:
omg this picture just makes me cringe

KeiraKnigh_Grani_1246721_400.jpg

i wonder if she even weighs 100 lbs...
that's sick, it shouldn't be allowed! :P

*shudder*

she really isn't that skinny... the white flap of her shirt is covering half of her belly, so it looks like she's anorexic....

yeah but if you lot at the rest of the pics nance... *shudder*

im so sick of ppl telling me im too skinny and that i should eat more because i eat like 24/7 :lol:

Sweet Blazin said:
twinzz2003[/b]! :eek: What a terrible boyfriend, that poor girl. Awww! Guys like that don't deserve to have girlfriends. :angry:

It really pisses me off when food 'professionals' say you should eat certain things to keep yourself healthy. They act like you HAVE to consume a certain amount of veggies or dairy or you'll die. :rolleyes: I usually grab a pizza pop for dinner, or a bagel for breakfast and yes there are days when I forget to eat if I have a huge test, essay or project I have to work on. How dare some 'professional' tell me it's not right to eat like that? It's just not convinient most of the time. For example, women should consume about 2400 calories a day 'to be healthy'. That's insane! I'm 5'3, 110lbs and I consume about 1000 calories and feel that it suits me, and I don't think I'm being 'unhealthy' in fact I don't think it's really all that important. :o_O: Also I probably don't consume as much dairy or veggies as I should but is'nt that what vitamin supplements are for? It just bugs me that these 'professionals' tell us what we should eat when another 'professional' tells us something totally different. It seems to me that they tell us what's healthy just to sell their own books and tips, and I highly doubt they hav'nt missed a meal or ate junk food themselves. ;)

I don't know.....does it bug anyone else how THEY determine what others should eat when it's really not that big a deal? I mean it's the same thing as if saying someone should'nt sit too close to the tv. It may hurt your eyes, but then again it may not. :rolleyes: It's just lame. I don't know, it just bugs me!
I don't exactly eat according to that silly nutrition food pyramid either... and my doctor says that I'm incredibly healthy.

However, we're all pretty much young on this board. What we eat now could affect our health later in our lives. I think that's what these nutrition experts are getting at.

No matter how okay I am with my body though... I hate being in a room full of skinny girls. I want to shake them and be like, "it's okay to have a little squish in your belly!" :lol:

Existentialist said:
Sweet Blazin said:
twinzz2003[/b]! :eek:  What a terrible boyfriend, that poor girl. Awww!  Guys like that don't deserve to have girlfriends. :angry:

It really pisses me off when food 'professionals' say you should eat certain things to keep yourself healthy.  They act like you HAVE to consume a certain amount of veggies or dairy or you'll die. :rolleyes:  I usually grab a pizza pop for dinner, or a bagel for breakfast and yes there are days when I forget to eat if I have a huge test, essay or project I have to work on. How dare some 'professional' tell me it's not right to eat like that? It's just not convinient most of the time.  For example, women should consume about 2400 calories a day 'to be healthy'.  That's insane!  I'm 5'3, 110lbs and I consume about 1000 calories and feel that it suits me, and I don't think I'm being 'unhealthy' in fact I don't think it's really all that important.  :o_O: Also I probably don't consume as much dairy or veggies as I should but is'nt that what vitamin supplements are for?  It just bugs me that these 'professionals' tell us what we should eat when another 'professional' tells us something totally different.  It seems to me that they tell us what's healthy just to sell their own books and tips, and I highly doubt they hav'nt missed a meal or ate junk food themselves. ;)

I don't know.....does it bug anyone else how THEY determine what others should eat when it's really not that big a deal?  I mean it's the same thing as if saying someone should'nt sit too close to the tv.  It may hurt your eyes, but then again it may not. :rolleyes:  It's just lame.  I don't know, it just bugs me!
I don't exactly eat according to that silly nutrition food pyramid either... and my doctor says that I'm incredibly healthy.

However, we're all pretty much young on this board. What we eat now could affect our health later in our lives. I think that's what these nutrition experts are getting at.

No matter how okay I am with my body though... I hate being in a room full of skinny girls. I want to shake them and be like, "it's okay to have a little squish in your belly!" :lol:
yeah i dont eat what im supposed to either :angelic:

and some ppl cant help being skinny leah ^_^

I know... but these girls obviously don't eat. I mean, sometimes you can just tell. (Plus, they were talking about how many calories they had. It's a bad thing when you're very diligently counting calories)

Existentialist said:
I know... but these girls obviously don't eat. I mean, sometimes you can just tell. (Plus, they were talking about how many calories they had. It's a bad thing when you're very diligently counting calories)
*sigh* silly girls :rolleyes: food is to enjoy :D

one of my friends seriously looks anorexic, you could probably flick her over with one finger i doubt she weighs more than 100 lbs and shes my height, but she eats all the time so... you really cant judge by how skinny someone is ^_^

I was watching a day time talk show and there was this girl and she was 6 feet and 90 pounds!!!! eww it was gross but really sad!! she was dieing slowly everday all she eats was like clery and a jelly bean!!! She said if she though she was eating too much she would spit her food out :thinking:

eww tahts so nasty

im 5'6" and i weigh like 110, im told sooooooo many times that im too skinny and i dont eat enough :rolleyes: but then my parents tell me i eat too much *sigh* :lol:

lol I eat so much but usually never gain more than 1 or 2 pounds a week at the most...it helps if you have a sport or something I also like to run :D

Most of you are young. :lol: When I was 15, I was 5'2" and 90 lbs. Now I've got some curves. :lol: Real Women Have Curves... I need to see that movie.

Existentialist said:
What's wrong with counting calories? :thinking: Well I guess if you count them every day that's a little obssessive and/or wrong.

Hmmm the way I see things is, it's ok to be as skinny as you want as long as your lysosomes don't eat up your insides, nor should you get so fat that it affects your health and clogs up your arteries. :smiley: Yeah there was a time two years ago when I really had to diet because I went to visit my cousins and they were insanely thin, and extremely competitve. But I can happily say I've never wanted to look like a magazine model. Most of them are'nt even pretty, just skinny. :blink:

Well, it's okay to be aware of your calories. Like, I look at the calories per serving on a lot of stuff that I eat, and if it's not crazy with calories, then I eat and completely forget about how many calories it is or EXACTLY how many goldfish is one serving. I had a friend who did that... it was so excruciating to see her count out exactly one serving. But keeping track of calories and counting them up at the end of the day... that same friend had a little dry eraser board in her bedroom and she'd write down the calories of everything right after she ate it, and then at the end of the day, she'd count them up, and either commend herself or punish herself.

yeah, like when im at the store i try not to buy all junk food, to get something healthy to eat (not that i succeed :lol: ) but to eat exaclty one serving... :eek: *sigh* food is to enjoy ppl!

Haha exactly!

Erm... at the grocery store today, I bought lettuce and shredded cheese and orange juice and lean cuisine meals and goldfish and SHERBET. Lots of it. :lol: My eating habits are so weird...

Back