Politics Body Image

an old friend of mine was hospitalized twice for anorexia. I didn't know her that well but it was still horrible -_- I hope that never happens to anyone really close to me :thinking:

ugh i hate the body image we're supposed to have... i dont get how you cant eat! LMAO

but still, looking through those magazines makes me feel so fat :thinking:

uh... no kidding :lol: :rolleyes:

all the models are disgustingly anorexic... i mean... *runs to style.com*

i think this model makes anybody look skinny

100113405.jpg

(Vera Wang fall fashion 2003)

i personally don't want to look like that. :o_O:

yeah, you're right siri, when i look at those teen type magazines i feel so fat because everyone is like 5'9 and 90 lbs. whereas i am 5'1 and 115 lbs. i don't think i would ever diet so profusly that i would stop eating. sometimes i try to eat less, though.

nance said:

100113405.jpg

dude, she, like, doesn't have boobs. :lol:

weight actually doesn't have that much to do with how "fat" you are.

unless your like 1000 pounds... obviously, you're going to be on the fat side :lol:

if someone is tall, they most likely weight a lot... but because of muscle. ^_^

Alias_Girl_624 said:
nance said:

100113405.jpg

i know... and she's a stick. her waist... is like... not there. nooo curves.

nance said:
weight actually doesn't have that much to do with how "fat" you are.

unless your like 1000 pounds... obviously, you're going to be on the fat side :lol:

if someone is tall, they most likely weight a lot... but because of muscle. ^_^
yeah, you're right. sorry lol

nance said:
Alias_Girl_624 said:
nance said:

100113405.jpg

i know... and she's a stick. her waist... is like... not there. nooo curves.
i don't see why any girl would want to look like that. i mean, guys dig chicks with curves and boobs. everybody knows that ... :lol:

From what I have learned about eating disorders, it is not always about body image. A lot of the time it's about "control", some people who feel that they have no control over anything in their life may resort to eating disorders because they can "control the amount of food they intake". It's like the hunger brings them accomplishment and control. I know, sounds weird, but it does happen. Happened to Princess Diana too, before she died (Obviously). Also, personally I think people who are skinny look gross anyways. Plus, most guys I have encountered dig the hour glass shape (big on top, normal in middle, big on bottom) or atleast a pear shape (normal waist and big bottom). Why do you think JLO is always on the top 10 in those guy magazines (Maxim, FHM). It's because she is like one of the few women in show business that look feminime! A lot of celebrities have lost a lot of weight over the past years and they looks worse like Jennifer Aniston, Courtney Cox, and at one point, Jennifer Connoley.
Eat, be happy, and love the skin you are in! Confidence in ones self is the key to sexiness!

:cool: Message from a Toronto Cracker
:cool:

SpongeBobSquarePants said:
From what I have learned about eating disorders, it is not always about body image. A lot of the time it's about "control", some people who feel that they have no control over anything in their life may resort to eating disorders because they can "control the amount of food they intake". It's like the hunger brings them accomplishment and control. I know, sounds weird, but it does happen. Happened to Princess Diana too, before she died (Obviously). Also, personally I think people who are skinny look gross anyways. Plus, most guys I have encountered dig the hour glass shape (big on top, normal in middle, big on bottom) or atleast a pear shape (normal waist and big bottom). Why do you think JLO is always on the top 10 in those guy magazines (Maxim, FHM). It's because she is like one of the few women in show business that look feminime! A lot of celebrities have lost a lot of weight over the past years and they looks worse like Jennifer Aniston, Courtney Cox, and at one point, Jennifer Connoley.
Eat, be happy, and love the skin you are in! Confidence in ones self is the key to sexiness!

:cool: Message from a Toronto Cracker
:cool:
aaah ^_^ very nice.

but control.. haha.... control food? :lol: weeelll i can't understand but whatver.

and angelina jolie! :D

jennifer garner has cuuuurves. :D

i was just reading an article in YM magazine about a girl from the band "Lilix" who was sent to fat camp before the taping of one of Lilix's videos, because she was a size 8. I can't believe that, because she is apsolutly gorgeous anyways. the stupid media always plays it out to be better if you are thin, with no curves, which is completely stupid. :thinking:

EESH! Body image?! What is up with it nowadays? :blink: Most women are made up like JG and JLO! With cuuuuuuuuuurves... :laughbounce: Even me dad says so!!!

Uhhhhh..... Dude, Maggie, that is just absolutelt dumb.... :blink:

Back