Politics Body Image

heres my tale of woe

1. Im a fat Aussie Yobbo, a FAT Yobbo.
2. Im in a wheelchair for ever.

and Im as happy in a pig in its own s***e, seriously I have no complex, no tendencies or anything.....I dont have time to sit around and gripe about s*** like that :smiley: Im out there trying to better myself.....

:( holidays are evil food wise...i was pretty happy with my weight too, b4 i pigged out again. -_-

I didn't pig out, but I didn't walk to school or swim, so I need to get some exercise. Luckily (for that reason, at least), school starts the day after tomorrow.

yeah if i feel i've eaten too much i throw up and sometimes i got wothout eating for a couple days but im not like bone thin. i weigh 110lbs and look pretty good. I just sometimes feel fat.

dark one

i try to throw up alot but nothing comes out... lol i've done this for years. still nothing.

i'm fat, and i know it. 130 f***ing pounds, and i'm short. i do excersize alot. and i mean alot. so hopefully i'll be losing some soon. i have never been over 135 pounds, and in summer i was 115. i hope i can go back to that, it was a "comfortable weight" for me.

who cares if your fat? Im fat, I could care less. theres no reason for someone to feel fat or spew after they eat. Thats just crazy. Im stunned by the level people on these boards who hate themselves. you try to throw up after eating? You hate yourself. You call yourself fat? You hate yourself. Guess what? GENDO IS OVERWEIGHT AND HE DOESNT CARE! be stronger about yourself.

ps. thats not directed at anyone just saying as all.....

I was expecting that kind of comment, however dont disregard my comment because I am a guy

also, guys dont find girls who puke there guts up attractive either. whats your idea of a date? a guy holding your hair out of the toliet water? romantic!!!!

I'll respect you regardless of looks. I think you'll find most people will.

Ugh! Going back to my hometown for the holidays wasn't good for my weight! Seriously, I bet I put on 10 pounds from chili and ice cream and pizza! Oh well, I've started running since I'm doing a 5k this spring. :smiley:

Alias_Girl_624 said:
i went to the doctor today, and she gave me a perscription for my acne, and told me that i should strive to loose about 10 pounds. great. i'd still be fat. :o_O: this is gonna drive me insane.
The same thing happened to e.
I went to the doctor for an unrelated reason and he told me I should exercise and lose a bit of weight.
I am only 120, 125 tops (no joke).
I just brushed it off, because if/when I want to lose weight, I'll do it only under my own terms and not because someone said I should. :cool:

~~Spongy!

Gendo said:
I was expecting that kind of comment, however dont disregard my comment because I am a guy

also, guys dont find girls who puke there guts up attractive either. whats your idea of a date? a guy holding your hair out of the toliet water? romantic!!!!

I'll respect you regardless of looks. I think you'll find most people will.
I don't think she was disregarding it, I think she was saying that it is, as she said, different. Girls in the media are almost always shown insanely skinny, the notion that we should all be that skinny is hammered into our brains.

And I know for me it's not to please others at all... it's all about myself. I don't puke my food up or anything, and I KNOW that I'm not fat. My BMI even says I'm underweight. But it's not about rational thought in some ways... I look at myself and see a tiny roll of fat and say "eww that's disgusting". All my friends tell me I'm skinny. It's all in my mind.

I don't know if it's the same for other people. Some people may do it just to impress boys, I don't know.

Well as a guy, I'll say that the media portrays fella's as cut ripped guys and Im at the other end of that scale, Im tipping the scales at like 120kg , so whatever works out in pounds.
And Siri, granted that women are portrayed as skinny little toothpicks, why do you follow what they say anyway? Im glad you dont do it to impress boys cause thats gotta be the gayest thing Ive ever heard, Im pretty sure I can speak for all guys in saying that a chick who is puking her guts up in order to lose weight will lose a guy's respect pretty quickly.

Hey , i'm male 29 , and i cant put weight on. My height is 5ft 1inch tall (short i know). My waiste size is somewhere around 28 inch. But the thing i get noticed a lot more than the atypical good looking muscley ect male , simply because i'm not that shape and i'm very confident and happy with my shape and build. Its not about the shape of your body but the way you carry it. There is also the health issue with weight , there is a differance betweem being unhealthely fat and just simply being big if you know what i mean.

I dont like the way my body is, but i am not going to take the route i took last time, last time i actually became anorexic, without even realizing it myself. I was just not hungry, b/c thats what my mind told me and i didnt have any control. I never got help, but i was in health and that day they showed and video on eating disorders after i saw that my brain became normal, unfortunatly, i gained some of that weight back, this time to lose it i am going to excerise more and eat less junk.

Here's my little take on body image.

I feel fat. And I am much larger than most people, so not only do I feel fat, but I am fat. I mean like pushing 200 pounds fat. And tall. I'm f***ing fat. I hate it. I hate it so bad that I've tried not eating. But my parents force me to eat. I've tried dieting, but my parents aren't much help in that regard, and I can't go out and buy healthy foods with my kind of money. I've tried excersicing, without having to pay for a gym membership, but the stupid winter weather keeps me inside. And so I remain fat.

People tell me I'm not.

I also feel ugly. The whole bushy hair and glasses thing doesn't work for me. I feel ugly.

People tell me I'm not.

But that doesn't stop me from feeling it. Feeling fat and ugly is something I can't help. I just do. And no matter how many times people tell me, "Oh, you're not fat" or "Oh, you're beautiful" I will get a small bit of happiness, that will last only moments, before I feel fat and ugly again. If you ever tell someone that they're not fat, or they're not ugly. Keep in mind, it will only help for a slit second, before they will feel fat and ugly again. Feel and are are different things. Its all perspective.

I'm very skinny, I mean really skinny, and it hasn't made my life all that easier. Sure I get the people who are like "Omg you're so skinny! I wish I was that thin!", but mostly I get called anorexic (I am not!), and in elementary school I used to get called toothpick, and chicken legs. Now in high school, I don't get that as much, but just yesterday my friends and I were walking down the hall and I got stopped and asked how much I weighed. It made me fee like some kind of freak.
When I was little I used to wish and wish I'd get fatter, but if my sister, mother, and grandmother are any indication, I'll always be this thin. I guess I should feel lucky, but what I really want to be is a good medium average weight. At different times in history, being skinny was hugely unattractive. In countries were food is scarce, being a little on the chubby is considered extremely beautiful.

Silverdewdrop said:
I'm very skinny, I mean really skinny, and it hasn't made my life all that easier. Sure I get the people who are like "Omg you're so skinny! I wish I was that thin!", but mostly I get called anorexic (I am not!)
Same for me! I'm 5ft 8 or 5ft 9 and I weight 120 pounds. When I was to high school, people used to look at me and say: 'She's an anorexic'. :( To hide my weight, I was wearing large shirts and pants. But when high school finished, I started to wear clothes that were my real size. I understood that I didn't have to listen to all those stupid comments. Now, I'm ok with my weight. Nobody calls me anorexic (at least not in my face). My friends and my mom convinced me that people who say that sort of things about you, they don't feel well themselves and they want to prove that they look better than you.

i'm asian. and you know how most asian girls are uber short and skinny? well, that's me. i'm 19, 4'11" (i'm considered a midget... hahahaha), and i weigh 84 lbs. people are always telling me that i'm skinny and that i should eat. i do eat. A LOT. i just don't gain any weight. i've been 84 lbs since i was 10. eh.

I'm 125 (was 130 before the AA diet thingo i created lol!!) and i can never seem to please myself, no matter how much i lose, i gain back. i love food so much, yet i want to look like girl "a" or girl "b" it just doesn't work anymore. i hate it :o_O:

I have the same problem some of you guys do, I'm 5'6" and I weight 110. At gymnastics we wear skin tight leos... so everyone's always like "OMG you're so skinny!" and they tell me to eat and one girl was like "Eww I would never want to be that skinny". Which makes me feel bad but what scares me more is that in a way I like it :confused: I mean I LIKE being skinny, but half the time I feel fat even though I know I'm not. Like I just had ice cream and I feel really icky... I dunno that made no sense :lol:

Back