Bonfire Night

jems

michael's widow in mourning
Hey everyone,

it's almost 8pm in Scotland and I've just watched a kick ass fireworks display out of my flat window. Yes, lucky for me they have the big city display down the beach close to where i live and i get to watch from the comfort of my very own sofa!!! :D This year it was bloody brilliant. Went on for like a half hour!!! gotta love fireworks. :lol: :D :P

So, this thread is for all of you who have seen pretty fireworks tonight or for those of you who don't have Guy Fawkes celebrations (poor foreighners!) to hear about all our lovely British tales of bangers, sparklers, treacle toffee and so on.

jippie
cabbage.gif

fireworks have and probably will be going on all night. sum r really loud! unfortunatley i don't have any but i am going to a fireworks thingy on friday night! yey!
wow jems i just realised we have the same birthday but not the same year.weird.

WillingForWill said:
fireworks have and probably will be going on all night. sum r really loud! unfortunatley i don't have any but i am going to a fireworks thingy on friday night! yey!
wow jems i just realised we have the same birthday but not the same year.weird.
cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool: i was in hospital onmine this year which kinda sucked!!!!!!!!!!!

anyone else going to fun bonfire night things??????????????

i went into town and i saw so many fireworks just from my car window but it was really foggy so you couldnt see things well that far away but aparently there was this huge display at the beach but i couldnt see it.
i usually go to tonnes of parties but this year i dont have ne to go to. it kinda strange. i am busy the only night there is one that i could b invited to so no bonfires of fireworks for me even tho i live in the best place for bonfires!!! Scotland!!!!!!
ukaliaschick :scotsman:

ukaliaschick said:
i went into town and i saw so many fireworks just from my car window but it was really foggy so you couldnt see things well that far away but aparently there was this huge display at the beach but i couldnt see it.
i usually go to tonnes of parties but this year i dont have ne to go to. it kinda strange. i am busy the only night there is one that i could b invited to so no bonfires of fireworks for me even tho i live in the best place for bonfires!!! Scotland!!!!!!
ru in aberdeen?

ukaliaschick said:
i am indeede! y where r u?
I am too!! no way!!!!!!!!!!!!!
didn't you read - i watched the fireworks through my flat window cos i live near the beach.
i'm no aberdonian though - just came to university here and stayed on.

nice to meet you!!! :D

I live in america but I remember I had just gotten into a car accedent with one of my bff's and we were like going nutz and fireworks started going of fit was beautiful and wonderful

:lol: my friend went around school today with a tag taped on her shirt that said "happy guy fawkes day" and i was like "whassat" :ermm:

wait i still dont know what the holiday is for... :lol: :blink:

its cause this dude wanted to blow up the government with gunpowder but he got caught. so now we light fireworks symbolising gunpowder and burn a 'guy' (clothes stuffed with straw) on a bonfire. so terrorism goes back a long way. but what was so imporatant was that he was going to blow up the king as well.

ukaliaschick said:
its cause this dude wanted to blow up the government with gunpowder but he got caught. so now we light fireworks symbolising gunpowder and burn a 'guy' (clothes stuffed with straw) on a bonfire. so terrorism goes back a long way. but what was so imporatant was that he was going to blow up the king as well.
:lol: thats not really funny kinda strange :confused: :lol:

Back