Bonjour!

Bonjour!

Well I'm relatively new to Alias. I just got caught up about two to three weeks ago on Seasons 1 and 2 (Don't you just live DVD?)

I'll be honest, when the show first came out, I wasn't sure if it was to my liking. I think La Femme Nikita had just wound down as a series and I had heard that Alias was like it.

So, fast forward two years and I'm in a BlockBuster Video Rental Store in January of 2004. I see I can rent Seasons 1 and 2 on DVD and so I start with Season 1. I knew of bits and pieces from my dance teacher (I do competitive ballroom dance) and so I sat down the week of finals to begin to watch the show. The first episode was interesting. It was kind of sad and fasicinating all at the same time. So, then I watched the second, third and well . . . before I had to return the DVD (got to have them for a week) I marched my happy little butt to Target to BUY the sets, the books and now I got a magazine subscription.

Needless to say, I have not been disappointed. Now I just gotta get caught up on Season 3 (Didn't I say I was a late bloomer?) and things will be set.

So about me? I teach high school French. I was pleasantly surprised to hear that Michael Vaughn was born in France, which explained in one episode he spoke such PERFECT French. I was definitely intrigued. I speak French, German (I was born in Germany) and Spanish along with English.

Hobbies? Well as I said, I like to ballroom dance and when I get the soundtrack to Alias, I'm going to see if I can work one of the songs into a routine for a competition I am going to in . . . MONTREAL! Woo Hoo! :woot:

Finally I will say that there are some interesting similarities between Alias and La Femme Nikita (hence my nickname) - for example, the male leads are both called Michael. The lies, deceit and backstabbing are there as well.

One thing that I think is VERY different and it is something I like is that in La Femme Nikita, Operations and Madeleine were trying to pull Michael and Nikita apart. In the first two seasons, the relationship is tested more by outside sources and NOT the people they work for. To me, this allows for some happier moments and romance. Of course I know that Season 3 changed a lot.

Well that's enough for now other than to say I used to do fan fiction for La Femme Nikita and I have a story up in the Romance Section. It's called "Chance Encounter." It seems I have a lot of people trying to guess what's up my sleeve.

Alors . . . a bientot et
Vive "Alias"

LaFemme :redhair:

Bienvenue à toi LaFemme! Je suis une fan de Montreal. Tu es à la bonne place car ici, il n'y a que des fans d'Alias. J'ai acheté le dvd de la saison 1 il y a 3 ou 4 semaines et je l'ai écouté en une fin de semaine. Même chose pour la saison 2. Je suis devenue accro!

Sarah :smiley:

Salut et bienvenue à toi!!!
Comme tu peux le voir , nous sommes quelques français ici!!
Have fun , see you around!
Marie. ;)

Bienvenue La femme!!
I'm also french!!! i hope you'll enjoy this site which is really great!!! Don't forget to click on worldwide...french people are waiting for you!!! 👋

hi and :welcome: to allalias! have fun!!
that is cool that you teach high school french. i don't take frech this year, but next year i will!

Back