Book 7 (pre-release) discussion - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

SkyGirl5

Cadet
In article (Link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060627/ap_en_...zkxBHNlYwN0bQ-- ) JK Rowling states that 2 aditional potter characters will die while one got a repreive
so who do you think they are? Discuss.

In my personal view, i've always been one of the people who belived harry would die at the end of book 7 along with voldemort. keeping this in mind, 2 charcters that die would be harry and voldemort.... but i really don't think they'll be the *ONLY* two to die... i mean, lots of characters have been killed off and many others nearly killed off. I really think snape will die, but if he dies that only leaves one other person, which almost has to be voldemort, because i don't see how the book series could end leaving voldemort alive
as for the character that got a repreive - it might be harry... but again, i still think he'll die... i''m not sure except maybe ron or hermione, though that'd be sad if one of them died... i hope JKR tells us at the end who recieved the 'repreive' if it isnt obvious, that is :smiley:

The idea of Harry and Voldemort being the two deaths and Harry getting the reprieve makes sense; heartbreaking, but sensible. Jo said in an interview recently;

"Voldemort is the ultimate evil. And with the ultimate evil, no one is safe."

She also said that she's almost done with book 7--yay!

Janet that link goes to a error page... or it might be just my old crappy comp...:smiley:

But i read the article at http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=108916
.. and I found it really suprising that only 2 die... because I always imagined something really catastrophic like the end of the world type scenario where the hero dies to protect eveyone...but not eveyone...does that make sence?
But I can't see that happening with only 2 people dying I would expect at least 3 or 4 characters to die. I know that sounds really morbid... :D
And this person that is reprieved I don't think it was a main character... maybe a teacher or a lesser know charater a student...? :confused:

I don't really know who I think is die. Personally I don't think Dumbledore is dead and Snape may not be be evil. They might have something planned, but that may be just wishful thinking :blush: I don't really know who I think will die. The only problem with Harry dying would be the whole prophcey things and how it said, "one must die for the other to live" ( or something like that or maybe I'm getting Alias messed with this, but I'm pretty sure it did say that, right :thinking:?). That would mean that Voldermort would live, and I don't think J.K could possibly end it like that. Unless they were both to die in battle :confused:, but I don't really like that idea. I think she's got something crazy up her sleeve, and I can't wait to find out what it is!

~Andrea :angelic:

oops that link doesnt work - sorry guys - but the one Wild Child posted does work and its basically the same article

anyway, i agree with Rea, i thought at least 3 or 4 ppl would die... so maybe JKR means that only 2 ppl die in the final chapter/the very end of the book *shrug* i dunno

andrea - the prophecy states:
"The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches... born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies... and the Dark Lord will mark him as equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not... and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives... the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies..."
(gotta love mugglenet)

neither can live while the other survies means to me that they either both die or they both live so.... thats why i think harry will die

See, at first when I read that it meant that one would die and one would live, but now if I really look at it, then it means that either both or going to live or die. So, it does make sense that Harry would die, protecting the rest of the witches and wizards from Voldermort. Thanks, Janet for the quote. It's been so long since I read the books. I should probably start the series over...again :blush:

~Andrea :angelic:

Ohhh I totally read that all wrong.. I also thought that it was one must live and one must die.... that's what got from reading, on Harry's thoughts. But now looking it means that they both must live or they both must die.... it seems resonable..

And the whole people who die, I never thought that it was maybe only refering to the last chap.

--interesting-- :blink:

Only 2 characters? Well, it's obvious that one is going to be Voldemort but really don't know who the other one is going to be. Endless possibilites. I'm really surprised that the death count will be so little. i was thinking something more like 8 because Rowling can do whatever she wants in this one.

P.S. Although it would be wicked cool if we were to be left hanging. No resolution to the series. Both Harry and Voldemort live, the fight goes on.

I disagree with the assumption that both must die according to the prophecy. Either means one or the other, not both. So one or the other must die for not one or the other can live while the other survives. So one lives and one dies. I don't mean that both cannot die, but rather that both need not die. I also think that Ron will die because he predicted his own death in the first book. I kind of think that Snape got the reprieve. Oh and she never said that only 2 characters die. I highly doubt that only 2 characters in the whole cast of characters die. I, personally, want to see Bellatrix dead dead dead! At the hand of Neville maybe??

I think that Ron might die because in interviews J.K Rowling always suggests that Ron might die whenever a question is asked like "what will Ron do after school?" If he does die that would be really sad, but the funny thing is that on one of the HP fansites, there is this part with anagrams and it says that "Ollivanders" can be rearranged into "Ronald lives." I don't think this has to do with anything, though. And I think Snape will get the reprieve.

It's supposed to come out on 7/7/07, but no one really knows.

But here's my theory, short and sweet. Harry will kill Voldemort and then Lucius or Peter or Snape (if he really is evil) will kill Harry or one of his close friends in revenge.

More than 2 characters will die, it's just 2 of the main characters that will die. But others will die too.
I personally don't think she will kill off Harry, but it would make sense if she did.
That way noone can write books about Harry Potter after she's finished, and noone will push her to write more books.
I don't think she will ever kill off Harry and let Voldemort survive.
If Harry does die, I think it will be that Harry and Voldemort kill each other!

Back