Book 7 (pre-release) discussion - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

I know, I want Hermione and Ron together too. The last book drove me crazy in that respect, and I really hope she doesn't downplay it.

If Ginny died I don't think I would be that emotionally crushed, but it would be sad. The only reason I think she would kill Ginny would be to see what Harry would do and how he would react to losing her. I never really thought about Giny dying, though, so I don't know what I think. I've been thinking it's going to be one of the three mostly.

I was thinking about this today. Do you think she'll write an epilogue or something, or is she just going to leave everything the way it ends. That would be really annoying. We would never really know what happens to them. Unless, of course, she kills every important character :blink:. I hope there's some sort of indication of how they grow up and what they do, though.

I know! And I'm praying for R/Hr romance, though I bet she'll downplay it for the most part.

Do you think Ginny will die?
sadly i think JRK will downplay R/hr

im not sure if i think Ginny will die or not, but it certainly would be interesting if she did - seeing the reaction, i mean

If Ginny died I don't think I would be that emotionally crushed, but it would be sad. The only reason I think she would kill Ginny would be to see what Harry would do and how he would react to losing her. I never really thought about Giny dying, though, so I don't know what I think. I've been thinking it's going to be one of the three mostly.
harry's reaction would be very interesting...soemthing tells me he'd like..want to kill himself esp. if her daath could have been prevented by him

I was thinking about this today. Do you think she'll write an epilogue or something, or is she just going to leave everything the way it ends. That would be really annoying. We would never really know what happens to them. Unless, of course, she kills every important character :blink:. I hope there's some sort of indication of how they grow up and what they do, though.
i agree, i want that too

DUDE. But with all the kissing in the last book, somehow I think she might NOT downplay it. That's my only consolation.

Ginny's death would definitely be out of no where. That's why I thought she might do it.

How about Draco? Will he die, or will he end the series like Sark did (if you know what I mean... always a threat in the background, but never really an issue)?

^Who knows about him. I think it would be kind of cool if Harry was the one to kill him, but I guess that's kinf of morbid, right? Harry doesn't need to go killing people for the hell of it. The only person that I hope he is able to kill is Voldermort. It's kind of like Sydney and Sloane, Voldermort has caused Harry so much pain and he just wants revenge and to be able to live a somewhat normal life (don't you love the Alias comparisions, lol :rolleyes: ?)

Heh. Yes. :D I've decided that JKR isn't optimistic enough to leave the world without SOME evil at the end of the series. At the same time, the main baddies have to be taken out. That's why I thought Draco would be the natural choice to remain. (It was the same with Alias. :P) Draco's not too threatening on his own, and though he's rich and all, JKR's world has a lot of conflict in it, and I think he'd present just the right amount with the help of a few miscellanious evil people/Slytherins.

Yeah, I agree. I think that having him there will mske Harry's life very interesting after (well, all depending on who lives in the end... :thinking: ). Harry will always be wondering what Draco is doing and if he's up to no good. It also keeps them being competitive with each other. It would be cool if they both have kids that end up going to Hogwarts, then their kids have their own rivaliry, lol. I just really hope at the end of the book there is some indication of what they do after Hogwarts, or maybe she'll write another book (you never know...) Did JKR ever really say if she would make another Harry Potter book or not?

DUDE. But with all the kissing in the last book, somehow I think she might NOT downplay it. That's my only consolation.

Ginny's death would definitely be out of no where. That's why I thought she might do it.

How about Draco? Will he die, or will he end the series like Sark did (if you know what I mean... always a threat in the background, but never really an issue)?

I think Draco would be a good candidate to let live. He isn't necessarily a evil child, just a deeply misguided one. And that's not entirely his fault. When you are born into a family like the Malfoys, where both your parents are death eaters, it's much much easier to stray and go down the wrong path. And as the last book has shown, Draco is human: the crying in the bathroom, the inability to kill. He doesn't really want to kill DD, he is just forced to, to protect his family. Annoying as he is, you can't help but feel a bit of pity for him. And no, harry will not be the one to kill him. Harry is not a killer. He is forced into the circumstance to kill VD.

So who is it that will die in Book 7? I think if current trends continue, then some of Harry's remaining protectors and mentors will bite the dust. In particular, I'm thinking Hagrid or Lupin. I think Purcey is another good candidate to be killed. Not that any of us really care for Percy himself all that much. But the effects such a loss would have on the Weasley family as a whole would be devastating and that loss, I'm sure, would be felt deeply by us all. Percy, though, is an interesting character, and I still hold out hope that he will find some form of redemption and rejoin the fold, and maybe be spared a most unfortunate end. I can't believe that a loving cohesive family such as his could produce a bad apple. He has got to know he is wrong by now. It's probably just his pride that's preventing him from coming home.

Percy just seems too much of an obvious choice to me. Probably because I've read After the End too many times. :lol: And he's easy to kill because none of the readers would be heartbroken, while all the characters will suffer an emotional blow.

Naturally, Voldy will die. I'm guessing some of the teachers might, and Lupin and Wormtail are both good candidates. Hagrid and Grawp, too. I'm thinking one or the other, though: if Grawp lives, he'll have to be self-civilizing, and Hagrid will be devastated if he loses his brother. Members of the Order... not sure on Tonks, but I think Kingsley will go. The current Minister will definitely live; the Ministry will always be on Harry's not-so-good side.

OMG I know. :thud:

It's going to be one hell of a party. I can't wait! :woot:

PS. I love how they're going to set up a helpline for people who are depressed b/c it's over. :lol: That's just... wow.

Yeah, I went to the last one, too. It was awesome, lol. Once the book came out they were rolled out on these things that were supossed to look like the Hogwarts Express, and I swear to god you would think that a celeberity had just came out or something. I probably shouldn't talk considering I was yelling and clapping as well :thinking: . Oh, I'm such a loser :blush: .

Back