Book 7 (pre-release) discussion - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

In the UK, I think it actually might be in third. :confused: Sketchy, huh?

AAAHH. I hope to God nobody spoils it for me. I won't be in the country... I fear I won't be able to get a copy before the rest of the world reads the book and ruins it. GAH. Irrational fears. :hmm:

And... uh... a friend of mine emailed me a link. Apparently, there are some details about book 7. I skimmed it. It doesn't say much, but has a few wierd tidbits that don't spoil anything. ;) Could all be fake, though. taken from harry potter community

I really need to read the sixth book again, because when reading speculations and stuff I keep forgetting what certain things are :blush: . You'd think after reading the series like a billion times it would stick :thinking:. I'm getting really excited for this book. It's going to be so good. I feel like I've been waiitng for it forever, which will probably only make it that much better (anticipation helps).

It was said up above that the release date got pushed back. I really don't think so. That would just be evil. It's probably just a rumour.

Yeah. I haven't heard that. I follow Mugglenet closely. :D

I've been rereading all the books (starting with 6, then going from 1 to 6 again...). Now I'm most of the way through 5.

I was reading speculation and stuff on the upcoming book and I came across this, which I found interesting. Mind you, it might not be true, but I think it's worth posting here. I got it form that link that is posted above (it has a lot of interesting things in it). If you don't want any information on the book then don't read it (it's not a big spoiler at all, just something to think about). Highlight below

Ginny has certain...unique features that make her vitally important to the plot. It seems to me that she was basically included in the series specifically for this purpose. I'm going to push it here and tell you that she forms a metaphorical kind of triangle with Harry and Voldemort. Exactly what that means could probably be partially figured out by reading all the "heart-to-heart" conversations Harry has with Dumbledore throughout the series.

Maybe I only find it interesting because I'm a major Ginny/Harry Shipper :love:

OMG, this book is going to be so incredibly amazing. I'm in a major HP mood right now. It's really freakish. AHHHH, I can't wait for July!!!!!

No worries. After last year's fiasco (I ordered online and the book didn't arrive until after dinner that evening) of pre-ordering, I've become very skeptical of deliveries.

Do you think there is a significance to the fact that right before Olivander left without a trace, Neville bought a new wand from him? Maybe Neville's wand is a triplet to Harry and Voldemorts?

You mean the fact that it was "one of the last he sold"? No. I just think that was a detail put in to add to the description/mystery of his disappearance. I think Neville doesn't really have a place in the prophecy. His significance was what he COULD have become; by choosing Harry, Voldemort set Neville aside. Of course, being HP's friend and a loyal fighter, Neville is an important character, but I think he's not part of the ultimate battle or whatever.

Interesting point, though. I may be skipping over something. And JKR has been known to throw things out there and grab them again later (like introducing Black in book 1).

A few of the small things JKR might come back to:

1. There was a glimmer of triumph in Dumbledore's eye when he learned that Voldemort had used Harry's blood to regenerate a body.

2. Fawkes, the Phoenix has vanished... but has loyalty to Harry

3. Wormtail owes Harry his life... a fact known only to Dumbledore, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Lupin, and Sirius.​

I think all of theses little things will have a big impact in book seven; there may be overwhelming odds agains Harry, but he does have these small things in his corner. JMO. :smiley:

You mean the fact that it was "one of the last he sold"? No. I just think that was a detail put in to add to the description/mystery of his disappearance. I think Neville doesn't really have a place in the prophecy. His significance was what he COULD have become; by choosing Harry, Voldemort set Neville aside. Of course, being HP's friend and a loyal fighter, Neville is an important character, but I think he's not part of the ultimate battle or whatever.

Interesting point, though. I may be skipping over something. And JKR has been known to throw things out there and grab them again later (like introducing Black in book 1).

That's my impression too, that virtually nothing she throws out there is insignigicant, and that it will come back in someway. Why bother mention that it was Neville that bought the last wand, it could have been any other Hogwarts student that had a wand accident. Or maybe we're reading too much into everything, in anticipation of book 7...

So last chance...place your bets/opinions
SPOILER FREE of course

mine:
harry = dead in the end
the other characters to die: ehh snape is toast, voldy of course, i'm kinda thinking lupin will get it too... odds are that one of the weasleys get it but i dunno bc BIll got hurt in book 6...maybe it'll be percy *is hopeful*
ron/hermione together, of cousre... i'd like harry/ginny to be together, but...doesn't really work when hes dead

i just cant wait to find out! i'll start a discussion thread after midnight when i come home...

okay, these are my predictions I don't know anything so if any of this ends up happening...well just call me Felix Felicis I guess:

I do not think Harry will die, however I think he'll be in a weakened state as a result of defeating Voldemort. He could lose his magical abilities or go flippin mad but I think he will live.

Obviously, if Harry lives that means Voldemort will die.

I also think a few Order members are toast maybe Shacklebot (sp?) and maybe a Hogwarts teacher...McGonagall maybe

Hermione and Ron will get together finally. Harry and Ginny will have a momentary reconcilliation but Harry will have to leave her behind to finish off Voldemort

Now as far as Snape is concerned.....I kind of want him to be bad.....I don't know why. I doubt JKR will go that way. Lucius and Bellatrix may also die.

Back