Book Discussion

Confessions of A Shopaholic?? you should, it's so hilarious!! :smiley:

as for borrowing books from the library, or buying your own, what I generally do is check out the book from the library first, read it, and if I really really like it, then I'll buy it.

and libraries are cool! my dad works in one (this makes me "the library kid") ^_^

I looooove libraries... only, the ones near my house all stink. And I have this habit of writing in a lot of my books, so I just buy them. By the time I'm 30, I'm gonna have one hell of a library collection of my own. :D

lol...I like to highlight things when I read, an old English habit I've picked up!

But Confessions....I'm off to find that soon, but too many headaches to read anything lately.

i loved libraries when i was growing up. it was great because my father was a big fan too so he would take me to the library every weekend and we'd just spend hours there (in opposite ends, of course ;)). i'd end up leaving the library with like a huuuuge piles of books.

after a while though, i think my father started getting tired of it because he just started dropping me off and leaving me there by myself. :lol:

yeesh, I haven't been to a library in years. They're all so far away from my house, and it's so darn expensive to have a library card nowadays.

library cards are free, but if you lose one, it costs to get a replacement (it's only about three dollars though)

okay, I think I know waaayyy too much about libraries.

but they're so interesting. even if you don't want to read, you can just sit and people-watch. I usually people-watch when I get really bored, and I have made a little list inside my head of the most interesting people:

Scary Richard--he is very tall, and looms, and he's not too nice either. and once he had an eye operation, and he wore a patch over one eye for about a week. I called him Scary-Pirate Richard.

Metallica Dude-- this one high-school aide that wears Metallica t-shirts all the time and jingly silver bracelets or something like that, and he's got long hair. Unfourtunately he's become less interesting as he's started working at the circulation desk and now he wears normal shirts and no jewlery. (and I once overheard that his name is Frank. :D)

abercrombie and fitch guy--another high-school aide who always wears a&f clothes. well, I can't tell if they're from a&f, but he looks exactly like an a&f model. he was sorta boring at first, but as Metallica Dude no longer shelves, he's around more.

scary barbara--looks like Jackie Onassis. scary like richard, but in a nicer way. my dad's boss. sometimes I am sorely tempted to call her the dragonlady. ^_^

and I just sit and watch them all.... muwhahahahahaha!

LOL!!! I do the same when I volunteer at ours!
One of the children's librarians is hilarious and I love working when she does, b/c she always complains about what they make her do....and the kids that come....awww~so sweet!!!

One came in yesterday in this white soccer outfit with England written on it. He was probably 2 or 3, with a blonde bowl cut for his hair. He kept screeching throughout the library...and as odd as it sounds, if my sis had been a boy, that's what she would've looked like!!!

And my grandpa works at a library so he always brings books when he comes!

And I'm going to go find Confessions soon!

YAH! confessions great fluff!!
and i used to go the libary alot when i was little but now i never do! i dont know why, i just prefer to buy books and with my literary circle at school, its like a libary so i do but its not an official libary!LOL
and people watch, i love that! lol!!Dragonlady!HA!

library cards are 2 dollars except since i lose mine like every week sometimes more frequent i just decided to use my sister's who keeps hers in perfect mint condition b/c she doesn't really use it and never notices when i take it.

wow, here library cards are super expensive. And you have to renew them like once a year or something like that. That's why I just usually wind up buying my books, or if I'm super lucky, my school library has them, and I can just take them out from there.

I used to volunteer at the library in the little town I used to live in. It was cute and cozy and smelled sooo good. Plus, I got to check in books and stuff and see how much all my neighbors owed in fees! LoL

lol...I only get to help with the summer reading program for the little kids, but I love it.

As for library cards....I've had two, but didn't even pay for either. I've memorized my number anyways so I can just renew and request on-line!

i get to help with the summer reading program in children's too! it's fun stuff! then i just also shelve books. but crafts are just the most fun!

lol...I don't get to do too much, just help with reading logs and whatever the librarian wants me to do...but I'd like a job there later on!

there isn't much of a chance I'd actually get to volunteer at the library my dad works at, as I go to a different school district and it'd be really weird considering I've known most of the staff since I was seven. ^_^

Back