Book Discussion

lol...you get by with a lot of things?? LOL...what can you get away with at the library?

But even though this isn't the thread...PW is going quite well...I'm loving it!

This girl, Jessica Darling, and she feels very lonely... her best friend, Hope, moved and she's stuck with her other "friends" who's vocab. is just "like and Omigod! and like Omigod!" and all they do is have sex and talk about guys and they stab eachother in the back and Jessica is just... there... and then she meets this guy, Marcus, and everything changes :D It's really good. and the sequel is Second Helpings. I'm waiting for the library!

For HP fans, I recommend the Unofficial Guide to the Mysteries of Harry Potter. This book analyzes every chapter for books 1-4. also it analyzes the characters and more. It's really good, but a bit expensive.

It was definitely considered an easy read but I still enjoyed it because the characters were really interesting and I could relate to her so much.

I'm reading PW and I WANT HP OOTP!!!!!!!!!!!!

HP is just one of those books that I can't get into. One of my friends, and my mom are obsessed, but I just can't do it. I've seen the movies, but that's about it.

poisonwood bible is easily one of the best books ever. there's a book on quidditch in our library. i've always thought that was odd.

LOL...it's ok! PW stands for Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver.

And it's an absolutely amazing story...I'm having a hard time juggling HP and PW!!

PW....just became my favorite book and I'm only halfway through. :lol:

I really like PW but.... all the characters besides Adah irk me... their obsession with God, like the Dad, he slapped Leah's hand for "the sin of pride" :shocked: that's just wrong.

It's different, yes, but I think the religious aspect of the book is what makes it so wonderful.
Leah is an amazing character...whom I seem to like more each page!

:shocked: Leah.... well i liked her in the beginning but now I just plain old feel bad for her.... that poor thing, thinking that living up to her dad's expectations is all that matters :rolleyes:

yeah i used to really hate her except she's not so bad once you finish the book. now rachel... gosh that girl needs to GET OVER HERSELF!

Rachel....grrrr....she makes me so angry and I'm only at the part where she's trying to avoid marriage...ha!

Leah...I liked her from the beginning...and it seems I'm one of the few, but she's only acting out of this love a confused love for her father. All she wants is his love in return...

Back