Book Discussion

sooo...just finished order of the phoenix today...and WOW. it took about 500 pages for it to get interesting but it was worth it!

Actually the 5th one is extremely boring. The beginning didn't pull me in at all. However, it's also extremely hard not to like Harry Potter. I'm still not done. *sigh*

I didn't think it was boring at all! Especially the end...

and I loved to Kill A Mockingbird....extremely interesting! Atticus' speech during the trial is my favorite part!

No, OotP not boring. Oh, I loved To Kill a Mockingbird. I'm hoping to read the Devil Wears Prada soon. Now I just need to find someone to borrow it from before I go off and buy it.

Same here...I've heard about that one, I just haven't ever had the chance to read it.

Same goes for Confessions...I really want to read that!

ok, I'm supposed to be starting A Brave New World for school, anyone else had to read it? What's it about? Is it super boring? I haven't had a chance to start yet.

okay i havent been here in ages!!!! FORGIVE ME!
but i have been reading!

im in the middle of A Secret History! and i have been reading Psalms and Proverbs in the Bible! (my two favorite books in the Bible..i have read parts and pieces of both but now i have read all the chapters of them!)

I'm in Psalms right now too Miss Vicki! I just started Book III.

A Secret History...I want to read that one! I was also supposed to read The Little Friend this summer :smiley:blush: How was it?)

I haven't read that, but I have a question....I thought I might have already posted it here, but maybe not, had anyone read Brave New World? I have tried to start it and just two chapters in I can't stand to read anymore! It's....redundant! irrelevant! not to mention just plain weird....I just don't understand the purpose of it...

btvaughn said:
I'm in Psalms right now too Miss Vicki! I just started Book III.

A Secret History...I want to read that one! I was also supposed to read The Little Friend this summer :smiley:blush: How was it?)
lol!!!!!!! the little friend was very good, slow moving at times but the writing style was great.......but i was kind of disappointed and confused with the ending i just felt like.."thats all"?!?! :blink:

a secret history is better...i just havent had much time to read lately(i always read my books during classes there fore when im home no time to read!HA! :lol: ) but i like it alot!

Back