book recommendations

Good Books

Has anyone read the Dark Elf Series. I know it is through Wizards of the Coast, but R.A. Salvatore has assembled some pretty good writers to carry on his initial writings on the Drow Elves. The writing is very dark, but I liked it.

China Mieville

I've Been Thinking About Picking Up "perdido Street Station" And "the Scar" By China Mieville.

China Miéville

Are They Worth The Read Or Should I Look Into Something Else? Any Advise Would Be Helpful. Thanks.

PsYcO said:
I've Been Thinking About Picking Up "perdido Street Station" And "the Scar" By China Mieville. Are They Worth The Read Or Should I Look Into Something Else? Any Advise Would Be Helpful. Thanks.
I Merged your thread with this one.

Iliad of Homer

I recommend the Iliad of Homer. It is not considered sci-fi but it is Greek mythology and that could be considered fantasy. If you have time and can get through it it's good. Reading a Spark Notes or Cliff Notes can aid in better comprehension of the text. David

:xwing:

I don't know if you're looking for something that is strictly e-book or hard copy, but I just starting reading this awesome new series on Amazon.com called Better Undead. And if you can be patient enough, I'm about to finish a book entitled: "The Secret Origin of Whirr and Chime", but you'll have to stay tuned for that one.

Just finished re-reading the Apprentice Adept series by Piers Anthony, which I first discovered some thirty years ago. Seven books in all, they chronicle the adventures on a planet where science and magic co-exist (more or less) but in two different dimensions. Highly entertaining, throughout, although the sixth one is weaker than the others. Well above par fantasy!

Back