Books to Movies?

Gotta agree with Siri. The story is told much better in the book, so it's defenetly best to read the book first. That way you get the hole story the first time, and not just parts and pieces.

I prefer to see the movie first.
For me, a book is always new and exciting. But If I read the book first I don't enjoy the movie because I know exactly what's going to happen. And it gets a little boring.

My only exception for this is the harry potter movies. Because there is no way I would wait that long to read the new book.

I love the Lord of the Rings trilogy so much, that it doesn't matter if I know what's going to happen in the movie. Anyway, for me there was no way around it, 'cos I had already read the books two times, when I heard that they were planning on making the movies ;)

But you could also argue that once you've seen the movie you know the ending to the book.

I find it interesting to watch it if I know what happens just to see how they play it out in the movie.

I'm really excited about the Passions of the Christ. It is the first movie from the Bible that has been made in a long time. So I totally like the fact of movies from books.

I agree with you guys that the book is always better than the movie. Another example of this was John Grisham's "The Firm". Most people loved the movie but I hated every minute of it. It was nothing like the book.

yes they should def make movies out of books but they shouldnt change them alot b/c then it just sucks
altho id say like 90% of the time the books are better- but it doesnt mean they shouldnt make the movies anyway ;)

Kewii said:
I think books to movies can be a good idea.

What i hear from a lot of people after seeing a movie based on a book, (if they enjoy the movie)
is: "I have to read that book."

I think using movies are great, because they encourage people to read.
I do that a lot! But, I usually like the book better, they're more indepth, and it's easier to get to know a character when you can read about them and they're personalities. With movies you have to guess abotu the character, and it is hard to understand them sometimes.

I love watching movies made out of books. Most of the time - unless it's just a bad movie in general - I enjoy seeing the different ways people interpret the relationships between the different characters and everything else in the books that I've read.

The books are pretty much always better than the movies, but I still enjoy the movies. If done well, there is something wonderul about seeing your favorite characters come to life on the screen...

I'm also okay with things being changed around a bit - as long as the movie still has the underlying theme of the book remain the same.

Lord of the Rings, Jurassic Park, Harry Potter, and many more movies were successful.

Heck, comic books to movies is highly successful right now.

[quote name='Vaughn's girl_1' date='May 7 2004, 05:19 PM'][quote name='Frogboy_Lives' date='May 5 2004, 06:29 AM'] [quote name='SecretAgentMan' date='May 5 2004, 07:32 AM'] Heck, comic books to movies is highly successful right now.[/quote]
but can go horribly wrong :cough:Batman & Robin:cough: [/quote]
Don't start dissing George Clooney movies, I'll have to open up a can of whoop ass!! j/k, but I am in love with him!! [/quote]
considering the fact that Clooney himself said that "I killed the franchise", I feel perfectly fine in bringing up said film in a negitive way. :smiley:

i enjoy the movies from books but theyre never as good as the books. they always leave things out that readers really enjoyed
the other problem i have w/ them is that when i read a book i imagine things my own way and then when i see a movie its like they are telling you what to imagine.
but in general i enjoy movies from books

Back