Boring cities

The city I live in (Upland,CA) isn't famous for that much things. Tommy Lee had a band when he was a youngster that played at Upland High School and he went to a high school in Covina,CA.

Claremont (the town I grew up in) on the other hand, is better. The city has presitgious colleges (Pitzer,Harvey Mudd,Scripps) and singer/songwriter Ben Harper graduated from Claremont High (he was c/o 87;I was c/o 99 there) and his parents own a folk music shop in the downtown area which also has a kick-butt indie record store (Rhino Records). A lot of movies were filmed there and one of them was written by JJ Abrams (Forever Young with Mel Gibson).

final sidenote: In La Verne, CA which is just west of Claremont is where the final scene of 'The Graduate' was filmed ("Elaine! Elaine!").

My town is really boring.

For fun I either play sports (swim, b-ball, tennis), go to the movies, or hang out downtown if we have a festival going on or something.

Luckily my college town is more exciting, and the nearest 'big' city from my hometown is only 30 minutes away, so that's not too bad.

Itz tha Dreila said:
downtown racine is boring.. uptown is even more interesting
[post="1328858"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

lol...we don't really even have an uptown it's all called 'downtown'...and all it consists of is a few shops and the movie theater.

But it is a historic location, and we have a huge Festival (one of the largest in the state) every September...so until then life is really boring.

Luckily in the summer I'm working, so that eases some of the boredom.

Jamison said:
lol...we don't really even have an uptown it's all called 'downtown'...and all it consists of is a few shops and the movie theater.

But it is a historic location, and we have a huge Festival (one of the largest in the state) every September...so until then life is really boring.

Luckily in the summer I'm working, so that eases some of the boredom.
[post="1328862"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
well at least its historic..

in racine theres uptown and downtown.. downtown has a few shops, restaurants, etc but its pretty boring, uptown is better.. there's more to see there. but the whole city is pretty boring.

I guess being historic isn't too bad...the first woman ever hung in North Carolina was hung in my town. And there are several civil war historic sites.

And I live like 20 minutes away from the Brown Mountain Lights, which is a pretty cool phenomenon (though I've never seen them).

The town is still boring...but hey, we're getting a super wal-mart in about 8 months...that'll add some excitment! :rolleyes:

Interestin! Windsor got a movie theatre, a pretty good mall, resturants and stuff, and like parks. One really good thing is we've got the border into the States and there is summer set mall and stuff so u can go there on weekends. Today though tryin 2 find somethin my friends and I could do was so borin. We eneded up goin 2 the park and sitting on swigs and then walkin 2 Tim Hortons 2 buy cookies with what money we had left from goin out 4 lunch (consisted of like 2$) pretty boring, eh (eh being Cnadadian and all) :lol:

I don't think I live in a boring city...I KNOW I live in a boring city!! lol there is nothing to do here. We have a Sonic and a Pizza Hut...other than that...nothing lol

no way!!! come on world, come to portland, maine, usa...we're cool people, we have a nice little city, it's clean and pretty crime-free, it's got nice beaches, mountains nearby...and we are a blue state!!!

nope I live in Coolsville theres always somthin to do like drive like a maniac or get married to people youve never met or perform on stage in little outfits (not that I never have but my brother has)!!!!

I live in Chesterton, Indiana. The only thing my hometown is know for, is a Wizard of Oz festivial held over the summer.

Well, you'd know about it if you lived in Northern Indiana.

Back