Sci-Fi Boss Level (2021)

Tom

An Old Friend
Title: Boss Level

Tagline: Gone today, here tomorrow

Genre: Action, Science Fiction, Thriller

Director: Joe Carnahan

Cast: Frank Grillo, Mel Gibson, Naomi Watts, Annabelle Wallis, Ken Jeong, Will Sasso, Selina Lo, Meadow Williams, Michelle Yeoh, Mathilde Ollivier, Rob Gronkowski, Sheaun McKinney, Rio Grillo, Armida Lopez, Buster Reeves, Eric Etebari, Quinton Jackson, Rashad Evans, Joe Knezevich, Adam G. Simon, Melanie Kiran, Thomas Dewier, Aaron Beelner, Travis Gomez, Michael Tourek, John Cenatiempo, Brendan Johnston, Rigan Machado, Adetinpo Thomas, Eric Goins, Swen Temmel, Tyler Jon Olson, Robert Goon, Henry Penzi, Athena Akers, James William Ballard, Joe Carnahan

Release: 2021-02-19

Runtime: 101

Plot: A retired special forces officer is trapped in a never-ending time loop on the day of his death.
Boss Level (2021)

Boss Level stars Frank Grillo as a retired special forces soldier who tries to escape a never-ending time loop that results in his death. Mel Gibson, Naomi Watts and Michelle Yeoh co-star.

Roy Pulver, a retired Delta Force soldier in Atlanta, has been stuck in a time loop, and has learned the day's patterns through many previous loops. He wakes each day, avoids an assassin in his apartment and an attack by a gunman on a helicopter outside his window, then escapes his apartment before it explodes. He has been able to elude more assassins throughout the morning, but finds himself unable to figure out how to survive a final attack at 12:47 pm, waking up back in his apartment on the next loop.

I loved it!
Its much more than Groundhog Day.
Where Groundhog Day was geared as a family movie,
Boss Level is geared as a gamer extreme movie.
I also note that Mel Gibson still has it.
He was wonderful in it!

A bit of trivia...

Frank Grillo's actual son Rio Grillo plays his son Joe in the movie.

The movie is dedicated to Frank Grillo's mother, who passed away in 2019.

Clive Ventor's (Mel Gibson's) company, unsubtly but appropriately, is called "Dynow." (Die now)

Joe asks Roy if he's like the guy from Taken. Roy says Liam Neeson is a fake tough guy.

If you're looking for a fast, action film based on science fiction,
Boss Level is one you should see.
Roy's deaths are so fun to watch.
I also believe there could be a sequel due to the ending.
I hope so...