Politics Boy Scouts to Admit Girls

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
So, this week the Boy Scouts of America have announced that they'll be admitting girls in their Cub Scouts programs and next year will have something in place for girls to achieve an Eagle Scout status within the organization. The Cub Scout "dens" will be gender segregated, no coed groups (yet?).

Does this seem odd to anybody else as the Girl Scouts of America organization has existed since 1912? Are there really parents out there who would rather have their girls in the Boy Scouts instead of the Girl Scouts? Is there some benefit that isn't apparent? :thinking:

I heard it was because attendance was down in the scouts, I was a cub scout in Georgia back in the day, but I never heard of this odd circumstance, It might work for ton boys, but It could be weird for our little buddies trying to be young men. I'm not wild about it, but like all the planned weird stuff going on, I'm not surprised. I wonder how women would do in pro-foot ball on the line against a 390 lb gorilla knocking em into next week, we shall see what we shall see.....;)

I saw that headline the other day on my RSS feed.
I remember thinking how messed up people are anymore.
I didn't read the article because I just didn't want to read more delusional dogma designed for click bait.
Society has eroded into a sorry state of affairs.
Ashamed to be part of it anymore.

While I can see the PC value in this I honestly think it will be a disaster for the organisation.

a) Girls have different needs to Boys.

b) Throw chicks into the mix and some of the Boys will be turning into right little dicks in weird trying to impress ways.

c) Whose going to deliver those "cookies" door to door. I can munch throw half a pack of those bad boys watching a single game.

Hey I thinks it is BS, remember we have the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts. The only reason they are doing this is the BSA is dieing a slow death. I am a former BSA Troop Scout Master and my oldest is a Eagle Scout and my youngest went to Life Scout and quit(rank before Eagle). Both of my sons have been fed up with scouting and have stated that they will never have their son's join that organization because of all the BS that goes on. My older son was in the Order of the Arrow and made it to the third rank within that, but he really was turned off once he got into that group. Now I was a Boy Scout Troop Master and BSA Merit Badge Instructor and I have stepped down and quit them because of all the BS I have seen. I will no long support them, and I was a Cub Scout Troop Master and a Boy Scout Troop Master for quite a few years. I always tried to keep the Politics out of Scouting, but have given up. There are far to many Social Warriors that have to be PC, and believe in fake BS that does not belong in Scouting. Honestly it is why membership is dropping off and many troops have shut down! Unless you have seen it you most likely don't understand it.

I should point out that both of my sons were extremely involved in Scouting and did as much as they could. My oldest son whom is a Eagle, has completed 109 Merit Badges. My younger son managed to complete 115 Merit Badges. That means on the long sash, then total front is packed/completely filled and they continue over the shoulder and start down the back. To get Eagle there are only 21 Merit Badges that are needed, the rest beyond that are all just extra fun.

My sons whom were also both in NJ NROTC in high school were very active and did anything to get others in the troop to do as many Merit Badges as they were doing. Many of the other scouts did and had like 70s to 90s of Merit Badges. Merit badges are done on your own, not with the Troop itself. Here is a link of the current list of Merit Badges, there are like 144 Merit Badges I believe.

Merit Badges

My sons were able to get some of the Merit Badges that are no longer offered as well. They constantly change add/change/replace specific Merit Badges from the over-all list of Merit Badges.

Gals going to the boy scouts? The outcome would be interesting...;)
5826_us_olympic_weightlifting_trials.jpg
c8b6c_holley-mangold.jpeg
th
industrialization.jpg

Back