Boys don't cry?

What do you think of a boy who cries?

• He's such a totally sissy... please get real !

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's ok as long as he doesn't cry for everything

• A boy who dares to cry is a real MAN

• other...

• Total voters
i think it's okay!!!! but if they cry over every little thing then well..... and i think the same with girls!!!! cus i mean toughen up!!!!! but i can't say anything cus i cry over anything!!! LMAO!!!

it breaks my heart to see a male liek actually crying...i mean i mean, liek this really nice guy at my school, he NEVER cries, and he liek did soemthing, and got hurt, and started to cry..i just felt really bad for him...tehn my dad, wehn my grandpa died, he started to cry, and i couldnt even look at him....i dont se that many males in my life cry...they just seem* stronger mently....but then agian, they could jus tbe hiding stuff, and not freaking out at the world liek some* females do....i respect a male hat cries, it just shows that they arent perfect...

i dont se that many males in my life cry...they just seem* stronger mently....but then agian, they could jus tbe hiding stuff, and not freaking out at the world liek some* females do....i respect a male hat cries, it just shows that they arent perfect...
I HATE that stereotype that males are the sensible, rational ones, while females are emotional and irrational.

I don't think the fact a guy doesn't cry makes him perfect! In fact, I find that really insulting to women. :angry:

In fact, I think not ever crying would make someone less than perfect, as it shows they don't have any real feelings or emotions.

I voted other because I don't think crying is good or bad. I mean if you feel sad, you should be able to cry, whether you are a man or a woman or whatever. It's a natural reaction, so it can't be good or bad.

A boy who dares to cry is a real MAN.

But of course it'd be weird if he cried all the time. Same with us girls. I mean, I only cry when I'm really hurt or watching sad movies. But crying is under my dignity so I don't like to let other people see me cry. :angelic:

I think that it's stupid that guys think that they cant cry. They have the same emitons as females and should be mature enough to show and say how they feel.

I think guys shoudn't be ashamed to cry. It shows that they have feelings and aren't cold, macho, insenstitive people. A guy who can cry when somthing is really sad is a man who is comfortable with himself.

I for one think it's AWESOME when a guy dares to cry. Trust me, just in the past week, one of my best guy friends openly cried and I swear... the whole "macho" thing that guys have going really, really annoys the cwapples outta me :mellow:

i think its annoying when ANYONE cries over anything, but its fine for a guy to cry. why can girls, but guys cant?

this being said...ive seen 5 guys cry in my life
my dad:
-when he remarried my mom
-when he got cancer
-when he talks about his mom dying

my oldest brother:
-when he got hurt
-when his first "serious" girlfriend broke up with him

my other brother:
-when he got hurt

my boyfriend:
-when im hurting
-when he's afraid of losing someone
-when his dad got cancer

my best friend:
-when he hurts me

Yeah I agree with ^^^ although you always think "wow they must be really upset" because not a lot of guys cry that much, my boyfriend cried the other day, I just felt helpless to what to do, he cried cos I had before and he hated to see my upset and that upset him, so it was like a vicous circle.

well ... i'm a guy and i do cry alot ...
last night we had a rerun of the last Dawson's Creek episode (the one where Jen dies and stuff...) and i cried like 4 times in 50 minutes...

i cry with Alias too... some episodes where i cried were: season 1, episodes 4 and 6, season 2 episode 2... and many others ...

I think that's very brave and cool of you to admit that. I cry at that Dawson's Creek episode too. Powerful.

Um, my father never cries. He hasn't cried since his mother died in the early 70s. He has never shed a tear in over 30 years, and I'm not lying. He's shut that part of him off, and so as a little girl, I didn't know men could cry. I saw a man cry for the first time on television and questioned my mother about that. I later told my father in my late teens that because of him, I didn't know men could cry because he didn't. Not during deaths in the family, job losses, me being in the hospital and diagnosed with diseases, it's amazing. He told me as a young man he did cry, and he's sorry he made me think that.

So I really think it's great when men show emotion.

Guys are people too... everyone cries... So therefore, it shouldn't matter if a he cries. If some guy didn't cry, then i would be worried. With that said, if a guy cries cause they have a hang nail, then that's just pathetic. Common now... suck it up wuss. haha

Back