Brad Pitt

Brad Pitt to adopt Angelina Jolie's children

Associated Press

LOS ANGELES - Brad Pitt is seeking to become the adoptive father of Angelina Jolie's children, the actor's publicist announced Friday.

A legal petition seeking to change the names of the children to Zahara Jolie-Pitt and Maddox Jolie-Pitt was filed Friday in Los Angeles, publicist Cindy Guagenti said in a written statement to The Associated Press.

"We are confirming that Brad Pitt is in the process of becoming the adoptive father of both children," the statement said. "No further comment is being made."

I thought about you when I heard that ^_^

I have a question though, wouldn't this show that they're probably married? I don't know what the policy is in things like this, but I don't think judges usually let a boyfriend adopt his girlfriends kids...but then again I'm not sure...just wondering.

In CA you don't have to be married to adopt someone else's kids, which is why gays can adopt. For now, it's looks as if he will adopt as a "domestic partner" which he is since they're living together and traveling. Since he obviously has Angelina's consent, there should be no problem during the process and the hearing. This is a public document which is why his publicist confirmed it, plus if they were married he'd have to put it on the petition.

Back