Brand close to signing for 'Pirates 4'?

Tim

Creative Writer
He's the ultimate bad guy pirate and if he does indeed sign up for the 4th in the series as Johnny Depps younger pirate brother then we'll definitely have some screen presence. His figure, poise, mannerisms and voice I cannot figure why I didn't make the connection beforehand.

Brand close to signing for 'Pirates 4'?

Tuesday, November 4 2008, 09:25 GMT
By Sarah Rollo
160x120_russell_brand.jpg
Rex Features

Russell Brand has reportedly been approached to appear in the fourth Pirates Of The Caribbean movie.

The comedian would apparently play Jonathan, the younger brother of Johnny Depp's character Jack Sparrow.

The Sun says the deal could be worth £5 million for Brand, who quit the BBC last week over the Andrew Sachs prank phonecall row.

"There couldn't be a role more perfectly suited," a source told the newspaper. "There's a lot of Jack Sparrow in his mannerisms and behaviour. Depp's accent isn't a million miles away from Russell's either. Russell joining the Sparrows alongside Johnny and Keith Richards as their dad will complete the ultimate on-screen pirate family."

Disney confirmed a fourth movie in the franchise earlier this year, with Johnny Depp signing a record £32 million deal to reprise the lead role.

I could totally see Brand as Sparrow's younger brother. The plus for Disney is that if the fans take to the character then it will offer them an avenue of how to continue the movies without Depp.

Although here in ye olde England we do have a current issue regarding Brand's public image. Not that Disney wouldn't see a problem with it beforehand!! The situation over the High School Musical cast incident causing doubts as to actor usability continues in the same vein here with Brand.

Although here in ye olde England we do have a current issue regarding Brand's public image. Not that Disney wouldn't see a problem with it beforehand!! The situation over the High School Musical cast incident causing doubts as to actor usability continues in the same vein here with Brand.
I heard about the radio incident with Brand. Over here that would likely not even make the news in some markets. Disney has had its fair share of troubled stars so a few phone pranks gone bad would not be a big deal for them.