"Brat Camp"

Alias_Gay

Ensign
Last night ABC premiered this new reality show ... Brat Camp ... has anyone seen it??? what did you guys think of it?

I have watched the first hour till now ... I need to finsh to watch it later tonight ... but it did look really interesting to see these kids starting in this situation and looking forward to "get better" ... its kinda hard to watch how these kids treat their parents, their adoptive parents and one tried killing his twin brother ... hopefully this show will make them realize that they do not need to be like "a brat" every day of their lives ...

The Kids:

bio_lauren.jpg

Lauren
17, Davis, CA

Lauren was a straight "A" student who excelled in everything, until her father suddenly passed away when she was 11. Unable to deal with the grief, Lauren turned to drugs and admits to smoking pot every day and doing whatever it takes to get her fix. Lauren's mother sent her to SageWalk hoping that her daughter would face up to her father's death and quit drugs.

bio_jada.jpg

Jada
15, Boston, MA

Jada refuses to go to school. She has dropped out of two boarding schools and nine private schools in the last six years. Instead of going to school, she throws parties and experiments with sex, drugs and alcohol. Jada's an aspiring singer who thinks she doesn't need school because she's going to be a star one day. She's also a compulsive liar who is always making excuses. Her parents sent her to SageWalk so that she'll become motivated about her life, stop taking things for granted and start telling the truth.

bio_nick.jpg

Nick
14, Seattle, WA

Nick is a dyslexic teenager who is constantly fighting with his family. Not only does he disrespect his father and yell obscenities at his mother, he once even pulled a knife on his twin brother. Unable to deal with Nick's relentless anger issues any longer, his parents made the decision to send him to SageWalk.

bio_shawn.jpg

Shawn
17, Irvine, CA

Shawn has been struggling with drug abuse for several years. He admits to stealing from his own mother and is constantly truant from school. Shawn's parents believe his problems stem from the fact that he was adopted, and they sent him to SageWalk hoping that he'll learn to face his abandonment issues and gain self-esteem.

bio_heather.jpg

Heather
16, Centreville, VA

Heather used to be athletic and innocent until she started hanging out with the wrong crowd. Now she experiments with all types of drugs and is constantly running away from home for days at a time. Her adoptive parents sent her to SageWalk because they feel that Heather is heading down the same road as her birth mother - to a drug-induced coma

bio_lexie.jpg

Lexie
17, St. Helena, CA

Lexie used to be a good girl who rode horses and excelled in school, but when she was 11, Lexie was molested by someone she trusted. She has since suffered from depression, become verbally abusive toward her parents, given up horseback riding and started failing in school. Lexie's parents sent her to SageWalk hoping she'll learn to deal with the secret that still haunts her.

bio_frank.jpg

Frank
15, Sacramento, CA

Frank has anger management issues and problems with authority. He was recently suspended from school for arguing with a teacher and was sent to live with his uncle, a probation officer. Frank admits to being verbally abusive and furious at the world, and was sent to SageWalk to learn how to deal with his anger.

bio_derek.jpg

Derek
14, Little Rock, AR

Derek is a destructive teenager who has been diagnosed with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. He is failing school and is verbally abusive towards his mother. Derek's parents have sent him to SageWalk to learn discipline, respect and self-control.

bio_isaiah.jpg

Isaiah
17, Winton, CA

Isaiah is an angry punk rocker who smokes, drinks and has an obsession with fire. Isaiah is verbally abusive towards his mother and blames her for his parents' divorce. He's defiant and bitter, and is constantly getting into fist fights at school, especially with the 'jocks.' Isaiah's mother sent him to SageWalk to learn how to deal with his anger issues.

How will they survive??? Will they make it out of SageWalk a better person??? Thats what Brat Camp is all about and we'll see what happens ...

Ratings-wise, it was a great night on TV for ABC again ... take a look ...

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>ABC Sets Up 'Camp' Wednesday</span>
(Thursday, July 14 08:16 AM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com)
Fast National ratings for Wednesday, July 13, 2005 "Dancing with the Stars" is gone, but thanks to the premiere of "Brat Camp," ABC's winning streak on Wednesday nights continues.

ABC led the prime-time pack Wednesday with a 5.6 rating/10 share, edging NBC's 5.4/10. CBS finished third at 3.9/7, and FOX took fourth with a 2.8/5. The WB's 1.5/3 was good for fifth, beating UPN's 1.2/2.

The Alphabet network also led among adults 18-49, scoring a 3.2 rating in the demographic prized by advertisers. NBC was second at 2.3, and CBS and FOX tied for third at 2.0. The WB averaged 1.0 and UPN 0.7.

The debut of "Brat Camp," which follows teenagers trying to get their lives straight at a wilderness camp, won the 8 p.m. hour with a 6.1/11. NBC grabbed second place with the "Most Outrageous TV Moments," 4.5/8. "The Cut," 2.9/6, put CBS in third, ahead of the 2.8/5 average for "That '70s Show" and "Stacked" on FOX. The WB's "Beauty and the Geek" reunion special was fifth, topping two episodes of "Eve" on UPN.

"Brat Camp" held onto its lead at 9 p.m., improving to 7.3/12. "Law & Order," 5.5/10, kept NBC in second, and CBS remained in third with "The King of Queens," 3.8/7, and "Rock Star: INXS," 3.3/6. "The Inside" averaged 2.8/5 for FOX. UPN's "Veronica Mars" tied a "Smallville" rerun on The WB for fifth.

A second "Law & Order," 6.2/11, moved NBC into the lead at 10 p.m. "CSI: NY" averaged 5.3/9 for CBS, and ABC dropped to third with a "Lost" repeat, 3.3/6.

So, are you gonna be watching too???

I watched it and i like the show. i just didnt like the fact that the bleep every cuss word. i wish they would just mute it. OMG i hate Jada, she is such a drama queen and is totally fake. anyways watch the whole thing it is good.

i watch it! it's a really good show! that Frank dude was so nice helping poor tiny Derek on the hike! and i agree with you on Jada, what a drama queen :rolleyes: even after they told her they found cocaine in her urine, she couldn't admit it, so stupid *sighs*

Back