Sci-Fi Breach (2020)

Tom

An Old Friend
Title: Breach

Tagline: Deep in space they are not alone.

Genre: Science Fiction, Action

Director: John Suits

Cast: Bruce Willis, Thomas Jane, Cody Kearsley, Rachel Nichols, Kassandra Clementi, Johnny Messner, Corey Large, Callan Mulvey, Timothy V. Murphy, Johann Urb, Angela Plagmann, Ralf Moeller, Alexander Kane, Angie Pack, Swen Temmel, Adam Huel Potter

Release: 2020-12-17

Runtime: 92

Plot: A hardened mechanic must stay awake and maintain an interstellar ark fleeing the dying planet Earth with a few thousand lucky souls on board... the last of humanity. Unfortunately, humans are not the only passengers. A shapeshifting alien creature has taken residence, its only goal is to kill as many people as possible. The crew must think quickly to stop this menace before it destroys mankind.
Breach (2020)

Breach (2020)​

R |1h 32min| Action, Sci-Fi| 18 December 2020 (USA)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9820556/mediaviewer/rm4129741057?ref_=tt_ov_i
On the cusp of fatherhood, a junior mechanic aboard an interstellar ark to New Earth must outwit a malevolent cosmic terror intent on using the spaceship as a weapon.

Oh Wow! another Bruce Willis movie...another bad movie. Lately his choices for work are terrible. This film barely qualifies as a 'B' movie. He's really slumming on this one. At least Thomas Jane was fortunate enough not to be a lead actor.

I watched it, wasn't really figuring it would get any better and I was right, sux all the way thru.
Please God, don't let there be a sequel, prequel or anything else even remotely related to this movie.
I'm so happy I didn't pay money to see this!

Is this going to be a theater or streaming release? So many streaming platforms these days I've lost track of new movies this year

Here's the trailer. I'm always up for a good B-movie! :D Speaking of B-movies, it seems Bruce Willis has been pretty prolific with the number of movies he's been in lately with a lot of them being in a co-starring role instead of the lead. He's either at the point in his career where he's doing anything thrown his way just to have some fun & doesn't really need the money or he's doing anything thrown his way because he does need the money.

Yeah, this movie is essentially a lobudget space zombies movie.

I think Bruce Willis has poor health. All his latest work has been low energy supporting actor or just making an appearance. His lines are limited and his action sequences are simplistic.

By comparison, Mel Gibson does low action but has great lines and delivers those lines well. He seems to be a natural leading man while Bruce Willis seems like he struggles with every role.

Both are getting old. Bruce Willis was born in 1955 (65yo) and Mel Gibson was born 1956 (64yo). The difference in ability appears to be more than 1 year. Thus, I believe Bruce Willis had some type of health crisis which affects his acting career.

Willis' upcoming projects:
McClane (announced)
John McClane (rumored)
Reactor (pre-production)
American Siege (post-production)
Ben Watts
Apex (post-production)
Midnight in the Switchgrass (post-production)
Karl Helter
Out of Death (post-production)
Jack Harris
Cosmic Sin (completed)
James Ford

Gibson's upcoming projects
Dangerous (filming)
2021 Panama (filming)
Stark
2021 Last Looks (completed)
Alastair Pinch

I look at these two actors and their limited roles knowing those high action films they used to do really took a toll on them. Where Mel Gibson has screen presence still, Bruce Willis seems to just fade into the background. Where Mel Gibson gets roles in well produced films, Bruce Willis takes any ole film. Maybe he has some extremely high medical bills or is trying to build a bigger nest egg? I could see Willis in SYFY original/Asylum movies but not Gibson.

What really flipped my lid was the fact Thomas Jane is attached to this movie. With such a small role and limited appearances, he must have accepted the role as a favor or for really high pay or benefits.

All three names attract viewers. Let's face it, when you see a movie poster or trailer with those names on it, ya think "Oh! A Bruce Willis Movie!". It MUST be good. But they're not anymore.
Bruce Willis had a very good run but those days are gone now. Bruce Willis movies are no longer Bruce Willis movies. Merely movies with Bruce Willis appearing in them.
Its Kinda Sad.

Back to this film.
This movie would be the same if Bruce Willis were not in it. Anyone could do his scenes and say his lines. He lost something and it shows in his latest work.