Break stuff

scifichic

Scout
My friend is getting rid of an unusable old television, and wants to film its destruction. What should we do with? Keep in mind, we're trying to be safe, too, so no explosives.

Hhhm..... no explosives... that rules out shooting it Elvis style.

What about heights? A nice drop off of a tall building perhaps? (Just be friendly to others and make sure all of the shards are cleaned up.)

We can throw them down some stairs. I've seen videos of that, and it pretty much takes care of the TV. Any creative ways, anyone?

We can throw them down some stairs. I've seen videos of that, and it pretty much takes care of the TV. Any creative ways, anyone?
Would require two cameras (and some slight editing) but do you remember Mr. Bill?

• Pick up a Mr. Bill figure (eg: something like this)
  • Have Mr. Bill at the bottom of the stairs, a human at the top.
    • Human: Mr. Bill, want to help me move this TV downstairs for Mr. Sluggo?
    • Mr. Bill: Sure!
    • Human: OK, catch! {video of TV being tossed down to Mr. Bill at bottom of the stairs}
    • Mr. Bill: Oh, nooooooo!!!!! (in high pitched voice)
    • {closeup of it landing on Mr. Bill}
  • A critical part would be not to show the full body shot of the man, just his/her hands.
If you have no idea who Mr. Bill is, then never mind. :P

That's a fair warning about dropping things from great heights. I celebrated my jump from a 286 class Intel pc to a proper Athlon gaming desktop by throwing the old one out of a third storey window, but finding all the pieces in the garden afterwards was a chore, particular since it landed on a paving slab.

Obviously doing it on public property becomes a littering issue. But like those kids toys, plastic soldier and parachute, you could make a parachute and drop it off a bridge and see if it "lands safely" :smiley:

I do remember Mr. Bill! Although, I remember The Pizza Head Show a lot more, which was poking fun of Mr. Bill.

A cinderblock will not work. The television will win:

hit it with a truck or drop it off a building gets my vote.

Also when I read the title of the thread, am i the only one to think of limp bizcuit?

Haha, I am so glad this isn't a thread about Limp Bizkit. A cinderblock doesn't work? I guess you would have to use height.
How did that television break in that video?

You can never go wrong with throwing it down some stairs. A majority of clips are of people throwing them out windows, and off balconies and roofs. You've gotta use stairs!

Back