Break the Silence (formerly Lies in Silence)

fivetoesonefoot said:
you all give me better feedback and encouragement than the 20 some people over there

well of course you need to post here 1st, i can't belive that you have to question that ;)

Read At Your Own Risk - Readers Have Been Known To Become Hot for Sarkney and Abandon the S/V Ship Entirely

too true, although i was a sarkney fan to begin with, this just makes me even more of an avid fan.

keep up the good writing, it is honestly amazing. and as mrs. sark said i love how sark is helping out sydney, it's totally a chivalrous thing. i really think that JJ needs to get these 2 together in the actual show, what do you think? it would make such and excellent plot -screw vaughn(well, not really) :D
I started posting this over at SD-1 when AA was still having those 'We're too busy for our current server' problems, so I tested the waters over there with it. I had a lot of chapters already put up over there by the time everything here got straightened out with that - but I would never (!) leave my AA pals out - AA is my home!

I would love to see some Sarkney action although I'm not quite sure how it would happen. There is the deep cover theory, but it seems a lot of people like Sark being evil :Ponder: Not to mention, the fact that they keep showing him kill all kinds of innocent people isn't really helping that theory any.

If you want to read an amazing fic about how Sark came to be the way that he is, check out Parallels by amyl27 at SD-1 - I pimp this fic all the time, it's definitely one of my all time favorite Sarkney's! ;)

Hmmm... I think I might make a poll out of that whole "Sarkney because of the fics" idea.

I totally know where you're coming from. I'm totally the same with needing to write a lot of the fic before I start posting and then keeping up with it. I'm forcing myself to not do that with one of the current stories I'm writing, just to see what it's like. :smiley:

Anyway, to the feedback part!

I seriously cannot wait to Syd and Sark get a chance to talk through what's been going on. And maybe, maybe, maybe we'll get some real Sarkney action going on! ;)

kidblink83 said:
I seriously cannot wait to Syd and Sark get a chance to talk through what's been going on. And maybe, maybe, maybe we'll get some real Sarkney action going on! ;)
Oh you shall, I promise! Just a teaser - I've already written two actual smut scenes between them ;) Patience though my wonderful readers :lol: ;)

He felt bad about hitting her, aww. :smiley: I hope Syd made it out... and that they get a chance to talk!!! Sloane, evil man... and Lauren is definitely not worth the wrath of Irina and Jack. Uh-uh.

honestly...wow..wow to everything you've written so far, and i'm sure it will be a wow for the chapters to come.if you keep writing more you could like make a book out of this ;) you really do have the talent!
i'm sorry i just have no words to say (which is a good thing) :D

hey hotpot, (what can i call you besides that, like a real name)
can i put a link on my sig to your fic..to get more people to read some sarkney? (kinda like publicity) :D

Sure sure fivetoes ;) That'd be cool ~ and I will definitely do my best to post more tomorrow (provided I get my Bio lab done at a decent time) A huge wave of inspiration hit me today and I think I almost have this finished!! Fret not though, I have an amazing (if I do say so myself ^_^ ) idea for the sequel! Oh, btw, you can just call me Suzi :smiley:

I just realized I said I was going to post tonight!! I cannot believe I almost forgot when I'm really just lurking with not much going on - heh, and I would hate to promise an update and not deliver. Since the end of this fic is in sight, I'm posting a big chapter tonight just cause I love you all so! ^_^ Enjoy!

A/N: In typical Alias style, I have taken the liberty of some stunt casting. Kidblink - I think you will appreciate it this as much as I did -

The part of the cab driver will be played by Colin Firth :love:

;)

For a split second, Sydney swore Sark had led her to into a trap. Pulling off the vent panel had been tricky. First, she had been amazed that she hadn’t noticed it herself, but upon closer inspection she realized why. The vent was covered in thick grease like substance and filled with grime causing it to blend in seamlessly with the ceiling. Managing to pull the cot over to stand on, she had used the buckle from her belt to pry off the cover. Upon pulling it off, she was met with falling debris and cobwebs all sticking to her face. Wishing she could keep her jacket to avoid coming into further contact with the disgusting grime, she relented pulling herself into the vent shaft.

Sark had not been very specific in the direction she was to take, but she had crawled through probably hundreds of vent systems surely this one would be no different. It was a narrow system, but she realized the grease coating was helping to propel her forward and muffle the sounds of her inching along.

Sydney wagered she had been in the vents maybe fifteen minutes. She was straining to see some form of outside light or sound, but the only sounds she could hear were coming from within the building. Sark had told her she had roughly thirty minutes to get out of there. Almost as she felt the first small wave of panic go through her, she heard it. A small little pigeon like sound coming from up in front of her. Silently, she scrabbled forward to the t-intersection laid out in front of her. As she drew near, she felt the cool air coming in from the outside. She glanced over to the right of the intersection and there it was – she had made it to the roof.

Sydney peeked through the grates of the vent cover. Sark had not mentioned any guards on the roof, but she needed to be careful. Satisfied, she crept back down toward the junction of the vents. There she maneuvered her gun out and rotated around so she was leading feet first.

Kicking off the vent cover, she slid out onto the roof. She raised her gun and glanced around the rooftop. No one was there. Hurrying over to the side Sark had directed her towards; she surveyed the space between the buildings. Roughly six feet, she would need a large running start.

Scaling over to the other building was not difficult, but she had not landed gracefully. Her arms left unprotected, were now covered in scrapes as well as her pants now torn at the knee. She wasted not time in mulling over her new wounds and quickly ran over to the fire escape.

Ambling down it rather hurriedly, she began to sprint along the alleyways. Adrenaline was on her side now. The cool air refreshing her lungs made heavy by the thick dirt in the ventilation systems of the old building. The sun was just now beginning to rise; she had to hurry for her cover of darkness was receding.

Coming to the end of the alleyway on the fourth block, Sydney paused. A moment of mistrust made her question why she was using Sark’s resources to get to safety. She looked into the street. As Sark had promised, there was the cab sitting in front of a tavern called El Agua Negro. Sydney shook the doubt from her mind. Sark had led her this far and given her more reason to trust him than she could ever imagine. She wanted an explanation for it.

Quickly, she made her way to the cab pulling the door open. Once inside, she found herself breathing a huge sigh of relief.

The cab driver looked at her in the rear view mirror, his eyebrows furrowed. “Senorita?”

“Las peliculas, por favor.” The cab driver studied her a moment then nodded assuming his natural British accent. “There is a small parcel under the seat. It’s best if you put that on now.”

The cabdriver pulled away from the bar as Sydney reached under the seat pulling out a small bag. Opening it, she found a long black wig, small poncho, and a pair of sunglasses. She lay down in the seat attempting to pull on the poncho.

“Where will you be taking me?” she asked while pulling on the wig.

“Outside of the city. There is a safe house there for this sort of thing.”

She was confused at his use of the word ‘safe house.’ How had Sark gotten her a connection to a safe house? Did he contact her father?

“Who made these arrangements?”

“Sinatra did, miss. Now please, no more questions.” She caught him smirk at her in the rearview mirror. God, does every British man have a penchant for smirking?

What in the hell? Sinatra? Then, the realization hit her. She caught herself smirking at the absurdity of Sark’s alias. Of course, he had made the arrangements, but how had he managed to secure a safe house with non-Covenant affiliation. Her mind was racing with a million questions for Sark; she hoped he would be waiting for her at the safe house. He had some explaining to do, and Sydney wanted answers.

And so it is - The shorter story - No love, no glory - No hero in her sky ~ Damien Rice

Not too long after Sark had arrived back at his hotel, he had received a call from Sloane. Apparently, Sydney had escaped and he wanted Sark to come back assemble a team. It was Sloane’s hope that she could be found still in the city before she had the chance to inform the CIA of Sloane’s extracurricular activities on his trip to Lima.

Musing that no way was he going to direct a team anywhere near Sydney’s actual location, he was annoyed at what a waste of time this was going to be. He had instructed his contact to take her outside of the city where she would stay until Sark was able to see her.

Reporting back to Sloane that all his possible leads had turned up nothing on Sydney’s location was satisfying. Sloane was worried that they would need to postpone the scheduled plans for the time being and re-locate. Sark agreed and was dismissed until he was summoned again.

It was later than he expected when he arrived at the safe house. He imagined Sydney would be rather impatient waiting for him to show up and Sark was sure she had many questions. Only a few of which he would be able to answer.

The safe house was nothing more than an old farmhouse set back off of a dirt road about thirty minutes from the city. It was quite risky for him to be seen traveling to these parts, but he made sure to do all necessary countermeasures in case he were being followed. He wasn’t worried for he had done nothing to arouse anyone’s suspicions that he was aware of.

Knocking softly at the door, it was opened by his contact that had driven the cab. He smiled at the man and entered.

The cab driver eyed him. He had not appreciated babysitting Sydney. “What has taken you so long?”

Sark looked peered into the living room ignoring the question. “Where is she?”

The man sighed. “She is sleeping. Finally. She has a lot of questions, you know.”

Sark smiled to himself walking over to the kitchen table and pulling out a chair. “Yes, I’m sure she does. Have you made her comfortable?”

Nodding at Sark, the man moved over to pull out the chair across from him. “Yes. She has been eating and she showered. I picked up the necessary items you instructed me to get. I still don’t understand why you contacted me about this; it’s very dangerous for you and I to be seen together. All for that!” He said motioning to where Sark presumed Sydney was sleeping.

Sark smirked. “Yes, but we weren’t exactly seen together, now were we?” The man snorted and Sark continued. “Besides, you were the one telling me how you would love to meet the CIA agent responsible for retrieving that Covenant arms dealer chip.”

The man, Sark’s handler sat forward in the chair resting his arms on the table a serious expression now on his face. “Are you telling me that woman is Sydney Bristow?”

“Yes, I do believe that is what he is telling you.” Sydney said entering the kitchen. Sark and his handler both jumped at the sound of her voice. Walking over to lean on the counter, she stared levelly at Sark. “But what I want to know, is what he isn’t telling the rest of us…”

Sark’s handler, his eyes fixed on Sydney when she entered the room now slowly turned to look at Sark. “Um, I should go now. You’ll be here for a bit, but I will come back later.” Standing up from the table, he hurried over to the door. Casting one more glance back at Sydney then Sark, he left.

Sark looked up at Sydney leaning against the counter staring down at him. The bruises on her face were still slightly swollen and he noticed she had a few more cuts on her arms. “So I see you made it out all right?”

She crossed her arms across her chest and took a deep breath. “Why did you do it Sark?”

“You know why Sydney.”

She shook her head. “No, I’m afraid I don’t.”

He didn’t like being in the position of her looking down at him, so he rose from the table and moved over to lean against the refrigerator. “Sloane would have wanted to know how you found the location of the building.”

She smiled coolly at him knowing that she had him. “No, he wouldn’t have. I followed him to Lima because he was there against NSC authority. No one was tailing him, so I took it upon myself.” She saw Sark take in a sharp breath of air. “It was only after I saw the location did I realize it was the address from the invoices you gave me.”

Sark looked away running a hand over his head. Trying to figure out his next move, he moved from where he was standing over to her. The most effective way he had found to fluster Sydney, his physical touch.

Putting one hand to her waist and bring the other one up to tilt her face towards him, he whispered. “Sydney…”

She slapped him. Hard. “I want the truth Sark and I want it now.”

Bringing a hand up to his face, he looked at from the corner of his eye. Here goes, he thought.

You didn't think I would bring Colin Firth in just to play a cab driver, did you? :P Sending out the PM's now!!

Oh my!!!! Colin Firth!!!!!!!!!! I just love him. I watched almost everything he has done, b/c he so damn sexy, and so damn good actor!!!

Great twist, Sark has a handler! I love it.

Loved the update.
"God,does every British man have a penchant for smirking?"
That was my fave part,can't wait to see what happens next.Thanx for the pm,

~Rach~

Colin Firth can be my handler any day ;) You know I appreciated that one!!!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

BTW-I really like how you thought to give him a handler. For some reason, I don't think most fics that pin Sark as MI-5 or MI-6 give him a handler. Which is strange, because hello, he would probably need one to do what he's doing!

Great job on this update! Still waiting for the real action to start, although I have a feeling it just might be happening soon. Safehouses do things to people's heads... ;)

"God,does every British man have a penchant for smirking?"

I love that line!!! Fabulous!! :P Again, another fantisic chapter...I can't beleive that you left us hanging like that...villianess.... :lol:

Back