Breakfast

Do you all make sure you eat a full breakfast each and every day? What does your breakfast usually consist of? Do you think this meal is the most important meal of the day?

I rarely have time for breakfast unless it's the weekend or school holidays. I'm usually too busy running round like a headless chicken sorting the kids out and trying to get them to school on time :D If i do get a chance to eat breakfast it's usually a piece of toast with Lurpak spreadable on it... that's about as much as I can face at that ungodly hour!

I don't always eat breakfast but I try to most of the time. Its the meal that sets your metabolism from what the health experts I follow say. I usually eat a big breakfast consisting of a couple of eggs (scrambled) with cheese, yogurt and a whole bagel (whole grain) with Greek yogurt cream cheese spread. I eat a lot because I bike usually afterwards so I kill a lot of those calories pretty quickly. The bigger the breakfast, the more energy I have for riding. I ride 20+ miles each ride, in hot temperatures and usually in windy conditions... so its really really really a workout haha.

Yeah I'd like to be able to go ahead and say I'm healthy enough to eat breakfast... But I'm not. I'm dreadful at it. A cup of coffee and I'm good to go. Once I've been up for a while say an hour then I can eat. But I literally can't stomach bread when I wake up in the morning. I can force down yoghurt and musli or some oatmeal but I rather just take my cup of coffee and wait an hour or two before going for breakfast. :coffee:

#coffeeholic

I rarely eat breakfast and quite often miss lunch too...I know, I know not good eating habits. I blame the Navy for it, used to miss meals all the time and every so often I would go a day or two without even eating :O

I find if I eat breakfast or especially lunch, it's hard for me to get going again. It's like my body slows down and need an hour or so to get back up to speed. So usually just have a big dinner. Poor body goes through this 'feast or famine' routine all the time. Though lately I am getting better about breakfast. New guy at work likes breakfast so I find myself getting something to eat in the morning with him, when we're working together on the road.

Welcome! I personally couldn't get into model trains but I did go once to a model train show/convention/etc. and it was EXTREMELY intriguing and mind-blowing to see the size and complexity of the machines.

Fast breakfast: Oatmeal with chopped up fruit.

Good breakfast: Two eggs scrambled or over medium, bacon, hashbrowns, and toast.

Breakfast of champs: Two eggs scrambled or over medium, bacon, sausage, biscuits, gravy, hash browns, and some kind of fruit or pancakes/waffle. Maybe steak too if I'm feeling really hungry.

Note: I grew up on a farm so breakfast was always a good sized meal. Lunch is "light" sometimes, sometimes closer to a full meal. Supper was always a heavy meal.

Oh. My. Goodness.

Six years on forums; you'd think I'd have learned not to post blindly. :P

I do it all the time LOL, I open up new replies in tabs, sometimes like 10 tabs and go through each one reading and replying, and sometimes people are confused in the end after I post the wrong reply on all the tabs >_>

2 eggs blended with chopped spinach with some feta, side of toast (bread by me or wife) with butter and some jam, two cups of coffee no cream or sugar. It keeps me happy for a couple hours.

Back