Drama Bridget Jones: Edge Of Reason

hotpot

The Bubbly
Yay!! I loved the first movie so much. I was a little worried when I heard that they had to go back and refilm stuff that test audiences didn't like, but I feel better now that they have moved the release date up a week since it was getting such great feedback. :smiley: Anyone else excited as I am about Mr. Darcy being back?

I wonder how much like the book it will be. I know they added more Hugh Grant than the book called for, but I am not complaining about that. ;) :D

I heard they took out the Colin Firth interview. That was in the book and one of the best parts!! Imagine what they could have done with that in the movie!! Colin Firth playing both himself and Mark Darcy. How hilarious would that be?!?!

I'm so disappointed by this...

Eee - that would have been freaky, but interesting. :lol: I know they thought of using different actors like George Clooney or John Travolta, but alas, no.

I'm most looking forward to
Round Two featuring Darcy and Cleaver battling it out in a fountain.

Thought of using other actors?!?! That would have been so lame. It can only be Colin Firth. That way, they can have Bridget drawing parallels between him and Mark Darcy. Make her comment on how similar they look.

I've only seen terrible reviews for this film. From the UK, and from other countries, including Australia. They seem to be simply re-doing scenes from the first movie. Apparently it is very different from the book.

I am going to see it though. I saw the first one at a cinema at Piccadilly Circus, and Bridget is at Piccadilly Circus in the movie!

I have bought the second book almost every time I fly internationally in the last few years, but I always leave it behind on the plane, One day I will by a copy and keep it...

i want to seee this. i read both books but never saw any of the movies. i did see the trailer though and it seems like it will be hilarious. :D

The movie was okay. There was a whole lot of laughter at points. But I think I prefer the first one. Definitely different from the book - esp. considering Daniel Cleaver is there. Oh well. Colin Firth, though - I prefer him over Hugh Grant, both the actor and his character.

also, there was a preview for Monster-In-Law before the movie - 🤤

My brother manages the busiest Hoyts (cinema chain) in Australia, and he said this film made 85% of the takings today. So I guess this film could be terrible and it would still make a fortune! :lol:

I saw the first one when it came out and I want to see this one. Though I would rather see this one, my friends and I are seeing The Seed of Chucky, and it looks really bad, especially compared to Bridget Jones.

It's getting really good reviews that I have seen. Ebert gave it three stars. Hopefully, I can get tickets to see it tonight! :smiley:

It was wonderful. I read both books and even though it's not completely true to the 2nd one it was close enough for me. Well worth the money! (y)

I think the original is supposed to be better.

I read in different places that the second one lacked the charm the first one had. Instead, they resorted to cheap jokes throughout this movie.

But, I dunno. It really depends on your own personal tastes.

I think they resorted to redoing all of the jokes from the first film (and not always jokes from the book, so there was certainly no need to do them), instead of coming up with anything new.

Like Webmistress said, too many cheap jokes. Too 'Hollywood'.

Gotta disagree. This film is fantastic. Its really funny. The whole cinema was in stiches.Id recommend it to everyone. Its just as good as the first one, and who cares if they use some of the same jokes again. At least they made it work as there still funny. Its no where near a bad film. One of if not the best new film of the year.

Best bits:magic mushrooms,walking in that gold dress,the wrong coat,the skiing holiday and every other minute of the film. It was brill.

Back