Drama Bridget Jones: Edge Of Reason

I still haven't gotten to see this movie yet! :Ph34r: I didn't read the books because I'm the kind of person who dislikes it when a movie doesn't follow the books :blush: I'm gonna read them once I see the second movie...which will hopefully be SOON!

I can't see this until I go home because I promised my mom we'd watch it together. We saw the first one in theater too. I had to promise her afterward that she was nothing like Bridget's mom. It's kinda weird though because we both think Colin Firth is hot!

Finally, Mom and I saw this today. We both really liked it. Granted, it didn't have the storyline strength like it did in the first one, but I was just happy to see Bridget and Mark back in action. I'd recommend seeing it to anyone that liked the first one.

As far as it straying away from the book, it did, but that really didn't matter so long as it had a happy ending. :smiley: As a Bridget fan, they could make a third film and I'd be up for that too!

Webmistress Eh? said:
Did they at least include the Colin Firth interview?
[post="1068599"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
No, but there was a comment about Mark in a white shirt that brought to mind Pride and Prejudice. Honestly, the way the movie was set-up, I'm not sure where they would have stuck that interview in.

vaughnandsyd4eva said:
Sorry... :thinking:
[post="1074494"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
No biggie. :smiley: I just thought it best to put them in quotes since I wasn't expecting that in the movie especially since that storyline strayed from the book. I thought that scene would be elsewhere when I heard they were filming a lesbian scene. ;)

Hello

I watched Bridget Jones 2 last week and I thought it was a fantastic movie!

I cant really think about which Bridget Jones was better... they were both so good ^_^

My favourite scene in Bridget Jones 2:

was when Bridget skiied into the Chemist and tried to ask for a Pregnancy test...

lol that was funny as. In fact, my friends and I were laughing so hard that people in teh front row turned around and looked at us... :blink: :blush: :lol:

Well I think ive embarassed myself enough... good day people :smiley:

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>I thought it was really good but not as good as the first one, well because the first one was the first one. But I think it was funnier. Although I'm glad I wore waterproof mascara cos otherwise there would have been huge black marks around my face, I think they should have a tissue warning on some movies :lol:

I got a little embarressed cos some of the things she did are things I would do :blush:
</span>

I saw this on Tuesday night, thought it was plain lousy. I loved the first one and was excited to see the second one, but even Colin looking as yummy as he did couldn't save it..blech.

The movie wasn't as good as the book - I don't know why they felt that they needed to change it so much. In the book Rebecca was after Mark and everyone but Mark seemed to be aware of it.

For those of you that did read the book, I did hear that they actually filmed the interview with Bridget and Colin Firth and it is going to be one of the extras on the DVD. I wished they would have put it in the movie, because it was the best part of the book.

Kakan said:
I did´nt like this movie at all the first one was much better!!
[post="1285370"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I agree. This was a lame version of the first one. They repeated pretty much every joke/scenario from the original. Let's see, the Daniel/Mark fight, Bridget's ass in the camera, Bridget's jealous of a girl Mark works with, Bridget experiences a wardrobe malfuntion (the bunny outfit/blush incident), Bridget makes a fool out of herself at a party (w/ her speech at Mark's parent's party/mistake over Madonna's song), etc.

That said, Colin and Hugh were still sexy.

ms.katejones said:
I agree. This was a lame version of the first one. They repeated pretty much every joke/scenario from the original. Let's see, the Daniel/Mark fight, Bridget's ass in the camera, Bridget's jealous of a girl Mark works with, Bridget experiences a wardrobe malfuntion (the bunny outfit/blush incident), Bridget makes a fool out of herself at a party (w/ her speech at Mark's parent's party/mistake over Madonna's song), etc.

That said, Colin and Hugh were still sexy.
[post="1287848"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I found this one more romantic but less funny than the first one... ;) This one almost made me cry. :bag:
--Mandy :angelic:

mja, i'm joining the most people here....

I think the first one was muuuuuuuuuuuuuch better a lot more funny as well...

well, there were some funny things in it but still...

Back