Britney's "Toxic" video: a rip-off of Alias?

Sorry if this has already been discussed or if it is in the wrong forum but I'm quite new here so I might make mistakes...
Anyway, I think that that video (which is awful btw) is totally imitating alias (extremely terribly though): she disguises herself, does kicking stuff and the red hair... sooooo obvious, don't ya think?

First, I think this is the right place for the topic, and I don't think it has already been discussed. But I may be wrong. :smiley:

Second, I liked the video (I only saw it once), and it didn't even crossed my mind. But now you make me think, she could have had the idea (or whatever we can all it) from Alias.

i don't like it coz there's too much stuff in it, they should have stuck to only one thing. and the effects r kinda badly made

i thought about this the very first time i saw it, the red hair gave it away

I agree...I thought of Alias when I first saw it, mostly becasue of the red wig and because most of this did happen in Paris and Alias goes to Paris often and I might be wrong but I think syd wore the red wig in paris.

well, i was watching the music video countdown(I love this video btw), the critics were comparing it to alias, which i thought that was really cool, because at least they noticed that alias exists. i actually like the song so it didn't really matter with me.

Well being a fan of Britney (a fact i try to hide from most people) i do really like the song and the video, mainly cos it reminded me of alias. i do agree that it is quite a bad replica of alias and also too much does go on, but like it all the same. :P

I've been thinking the exact same thing, but I thought it already had been discussed here on the forum somewhere :smiley: It's Alias, airplane scenes, red wig, big cities, techno stuff, green serum... :smiley:
And the song is actually pretty good, for a Britney song that is....

Well maybe she's a fan of Alias, it's a great show. And I love the song it's addictive. :redhair:

:lol: It's just a coincidence that red was chosen probably. Or the video director watches alias and wanted to emulate it... but Britney doens't make the decisions on the videos anyway. :P

yeah...the first thought that crossed my mind was "hey, that's syd's wig!"
and just so it is stated: syd will always look better in the red wig. hands down.

this has been discussed in the alias music forum a bunch, and people said that it was to get back at justin for the cry me a river vid because he hates alias.

Dude, I thought the video was cool. And the thing is, even if it is an Alias rip off (that's mainly why I like it), it's not supposed to imitate the show well. It's supposed to be enough to just notice the similarities. When you do an impression of somebody famous, you're not supposed to be their exact replica, are you? Nope, and the same principal goes with this.

And it was Taipei where Sydney wore the red wig.

She might have gotten the idea from Alias...but JG can kick Britney's butt anyday :lol:. Also, I thought the video was really bad :P.

Um yeah she totally took it from ALIAS. ON the radio the announcer dude said that it "she donns the red wig style of ALias" I swear those were his exact words. I was like Oh Brother! SO yeah she took it from alias, totally.

I think there was another reason for the video looking like an Alias episode....I read somewhere that Britney has been begging the James Bond producers for a part as a Bond girl. The video was an attempt to prove that she could do it....or not :smiley:

UGH! Brittney as a bond girl! Sorry, but i'm not a britney fan at all. eventhough i have to admit i like that song. toxic. and the video is a rip on alias. completely. that was the first thing i thought when i saw it. i think i scared some of my friends when i said that.

Tania123 said:
I think there was another reason for the video looking like an Alias episode....I read somewhere that Britney has been begging the James Bond producers for a part as a Bond girl. The video was an attempt to prove that she could do it....or not :smiley:
i think it showed that she couldn't do it...
but maybe i'm biased, i totally hate her, although i have to admit that this song is rather catchy...but...must...repress....it....from...my....mind....

sorry, i didn't know this was already discussed.

And yeah Jennifer looks wwwaaaay better with red hair, although i think that the part when Brit has black hair is ok, actually better than blonde.

i heard that they got the red hair from run lola run, too. and also the fact that she's running a lot in that episode.

Back