Broken Inside

swimfan

Cadet
This is Syd and Vaughn before he married Lauren. I don't really know the entire time frame for her missing two years, but I did the best I could. Please review and try and be nice!

Disclaimer: Not mine!

Rating: PG-13

Chapter 1
She was lying there. On a cold dark floor. To anyone looking in she was broken, starved, light deprived, and tortured to the point of insanity. But to those who know Sydney Bristow, they believed that she is the strongest person they know, she can never be broken, but she was. She couldn’t remember when she had last had a bite to eat or a drop of water, she had no idea what day it was or even the time of day. But she wasn’t thinking about that. Every ounce of energy and strength she had left she used to think of him. Her soul mate. She closed her eyes and saw is face looking back at her. She saw his eyes, emerald green, she had always loved how she could see his soul through his eyes. She remembered every inch of his body, every scar, every freckle. She remembered what it felt like for him to touch her, to kiss her lips, to hold her in his arms. She longed for that, even just to see his face or hear his voice. She wished and prayed for it every second of every day, but in her heart she knew it would never come true.

Michael Vaughn was stuck in a restaurant, trying to listen to a blond bimbo ramble on about her days and everything that was bothering her. She was too self absorbed to realize that he didn’t care. All he could think about was her. Her long brown hair and her matching eyes, her perfect body and he remembered what it felt like not to be broken. She was the only one that could make him whole. Why he was even sitting here listening to Lauren he had no idea. He had really only agreed because of Weiss. He wanted people to stop pitying him, and Weiss was trying to hard. Weiss had met Lauren at the JTF a little after Vaughn had come back from his time mourning Syd in France.

Flashback

“Come on Mike, she is really nice, she knows about Sydney, she understands, she will be sympathetic. You really need to get over her, I know she will always be in your heart, but you need to live again, this isn’t healthy. She would have wanted you to be happy. Just go out for coffee with her, for me?”
“Fine Eric” Vaughn replied begrudgingly “Just this once.”
“Well Mike you never know, you could end up liking this one, it may end up more then once. You never know!”

End Flashback

That first date was painful, she wouldn’t stop talking, and saying how sorry she was for the loss, and that she would listen whenever he needed to talk. She said she was his ally, which made it worse. If only she knew what those words meant to him. But instead of ripping her head off like he wanted to do, he just nodded his head and said thank you. The next few dates were not any better. By the second and third dates he had to kiss her, it was like some unwritten rule. Her lips did not taste like Sydney’s and that was all he wanted. The feel of Syd’s lips on his were all he needed to live. But he had to find a way to live with what he had, even if it felt like kissing a fish. Lauren kept trying to push him, she knew he wouldn’t sleep with her yet, but he would feel her hand going up the back of his shirt, and she tried to get him to do the same for her. But he always pushed Lauren away. He wasn’t sure why he was still seeing Lauren. But Vaughn knew Weiss would feel guilty if his ‘second best match in history’ was not really a second best match in history. Weiss always knew that Syd would always come first, and he respected that. But Weiss was so happy playing matchmaker that Vaughn couldn’t let him down.
“And then Weiss came up to me with this stupid little grin on his face saying that I was perfect for you, and I agree, Michael, we are perfect for each other.”
That snapped Vaughn out of daydreaming.
“Michael darling, are you okay? Did you hear what I said? Don’t you agree?”
But Vaughn was saved by the bell, or actually the ring of his phone.
“Vaughn here”
“We found her.”
“Jack?”
“Meet me at Dover in fifteen minutes, I have a plane ready”
The line went dead.

YAY two reviews! STELLAR...if you guys keep giving me feedback i will post a new chapter either later tonight (if your really really good) or tomorrow (if your not so good) so please review! HAPPY ALIAS NIGHT!

i love it. the wonderful way you describe Lauren was so true to life, it was uncanny. i hope Syd's ok.
great start. can i please get a pm wen u update? thanks.
~kaitlyn

I'm in a really good mood so I thought I would post Chapter 2...more to come-if you review! Let me know if anyone would like a PM

Chapter 2

This couldn’t be right, Vaughn thought to himself she was dead.

“Michael, darling, what is it?”

“Lauren, I just got a call from work, we need to call it a night. I’ll see you when I see you.”

“Call me later?”

“Lauren, I can’t make any promises”

He quickly left the restaurant and got into his car. Vaughn didn’t remember the car ride to the airfield. The whole ride he was thinking of nothing buy Sydney. Could Jack really have found her? Was it really her? Is she alive? They were all logical questions, he shouldn’t get his hopes up too much, but he wanted it to be her, for Syd to be alive, to hold her in his arms again. He arrived to Dover five minutes early and Jack was already waiting. Vaughn got out of his car as Jack walked over to him.

“Jack, are you serious?”

“Yes, I found her, with a little help, we will discuss it on the flight.”

The two men made their way towards the plane.

Sydney lay in her cell, thinking of him. She had just come back from another round of electro shock. She was at her lowest, she wanted to give in and become Julia to make this all stop, but her mind wouldn’t let her. Whenever she felt herself going over the edge his face would appear. He would look at her with his loving eyes and say those three words that made her heart skip a beat. I love you. But she knew it wasn’t really him. I never was, and it never will be.

The two men sat silently on the plane, lost in their own thoughts when Vaughn suddenly spoke up.

“Jack where are we going? How did you find her, who helped you? How is she alive, the DNA everything it all matched. I don't understand”

“She is in Russia, she is being held by a group called the Covenant. I’ve never heard of them until Irina contacted me. She has placed an operative inside the Covenant to learn more about it. Her operative has reported a woman fitting Sydney’s description being held there, Irina got video surveillance and confirmed it was her. As for the rest, I don't know, maybe Sydney will be able to tell us”

Vaughn lifted his head to look at Jack, this was the only time that Vaughn had ever seen Jack look like this. He looked like he didn’t know how to feel, happy, sad, relieved. He looked like he bottled up all of this emotions and now, one by one, they were slowly making their way to the surface.

“Excuse me” Jack said, breaking the silence. He got up from his chair and walked towards the back of the plane. Vaughn was left to his own thoughts. Which were of course of Sydney. He looked out of the window of the plane and saw his face reflected in the window. He watched a tear slowly glide down his cheek.

Vaughn lifted his head to look at Jack, this was the only time that Vaughn had ever seen Jack look like this. He looked like he didn’t know how to feel, happy, sad, relieved. He looked like he bottled up all of this emotions and now, one by one, they were slowly making their way to the surface.
I could see this happening to Jack. And I love how you wrote that.

Very good. And I would love a PM.

awww. so sweet. i hope they find her ok. and i love how Vaughn just didnt care wat happened to Lauren. he just left her.
great update. thanks 4 the pm.
~kaitlyn

Chapter 3

The plane landed in Russia. Jack walked past the sleeping agent. He had heard Vaughn cry himself to sleep, but Jack would never tell him that he heard. Jack had a new respect for Vaughn, he truly loved his daughter and would do anything for her. Though he would never admit it to the agent he fully approved of Vaughn and hoped that one day he would walk his daughter down the aisle and give her away to this man. But Jack was not a sentimental guy, and he let the hard, cold Jack take back over his brain.

“Agent Vaughn”

Vaughn awoke with a start.

“Sorry Jack, are we in Russia?”

“Yes, lets go”

Vaughn followed Jack as he exited the plane and made his way to a hanger.
Vaughn kept his head down looking at his feet as he walked. His mind was filled with thoughts and his heart was in is throat. He was going to get to see is Sydney again. He would know what is was like to feel, he had been numb for the four months she had been ‘dead’. Vaughn was so preoccupied in his thoughts that didn’t notice when he had stopped walking and Vaughn almost walked into him.

When he looked up he saw the last person he wanted to see…

sorry its short-i'll post more later-if you want me to!

Jack had a new respect for Vaughn, he truly loved his daughter and would do anything for her. Though he would never admit it to the agent he fully approved of Vaughn and hoped that one day he would walk his daughter down the aisle and give her away to this man. But Jack was not a sentimental guy, and he let the hard, cold Jack take back over his brain.
I just love how you're portraying Jack. Very good.

As far as the last person he wanted to see, I would have to say Irina because Sydney would be the first person he wanted to see.

Back