Broken

SkyGirl5

Cadet
:hi:

Title: Broken
Genre: S/V AU - angsty (at first)
Summary: Michael Vaughn, therapist, runs into a very peculiar patient sitting on the doorstep to a home for runaway girls where he works. Realizing this woman needs help, he dives right in and tries to break down her protective walls, but he soon finds himself falling for her.

18 chapters :smiley:

ps wanna hear something sick? i have 18 more completed fics that haven't been posted :lol: granted, some of them are only like 10 chapters... sill... i'm gonna be sent to the funny farm any day now :lol:

Chapter 1
Michael Vaughn shivered as he got out of his car and locked it. He pulled his coat tightly around him and crammed his hands down in his pocket. It was an unusually cold day in Los Angeles, even if it was the first day of February. Usually, a ‘low’ temperature would have been in the 40’s, but that morning it was a painful 33 degrees Fahrenheit, almost, quite literally, freezing.

He sped up his pace as he approached Sarah’s Home, the renovated home for run away teenage girls where he worked. Michael was a psychiatrist there, or at least he was trying to be. He was twenty-seven and in his last semester of medical school. Sarah’s Home was where he had been placed and he spent three days a week there, talking with the girls and helping out in any way he could.

When he caught sight of the front steps to Sarah’s Home, he saw a figure huddled up close to the house. This wasn’t an unusual occurrence. Michael was often the first to arrive on the days he worked there and girls often turned up over night, but it was unusual because of the temperature outside. The girl must have been freezing.

“Excuse me,” he said quietly, trying not to startle her since, unfortunately, girls who lived on the dangerous streets of LA often carried a weapon of some sort. “Excuse me, miss.”

The girl stirred and looked up at him. When he saw her, he actually stepped back, for her brown eyes were as big as saucers and quite obviously full of a lot of pain. They were lined in smeared black makeup and her left eyebrow was pierced. She, by no means, looked any different than most of the girls who showed up there. For some reason though, Michael had an instinct that maybe she was different in some way. Only he was unable to identify the reason for this difference. “Would you like to come inside?” he asked her kindly. She nodded without speaking and slowly stood.

When she did this, Michael saw that she was nearly as tall as him and though she was wearing many layers of clothing, it was obvious she was drastically underweight. He unlocked the front door with his key and ushered her inside, out of the cold. “My name is Michael,” he told her. “Can I get you something? Some water?”

“Coffee, please,” she breathed.

“I’ll see what I can find,” he told her. “Just have a seat,” he gestured towards a wooden chair in the front hall before walking off through the creaking house. He returned a few moments later with a steaming cup of dark liquid that he handed to her. “Sorry, it’s decaf; that’s all they have here.”

“Thanks,” she sighed before sipping it slowly and clutching the glass close to her, as though trying to draw warmth from it.

“Can you tell me your name?” he asked her slowly.

For a moment, she didn’t respond, she merely stared down at her black boot covered feet. Then, in a very tiny voice she said, “Amy, my name is Amy. I just need a place to stay.”

“Alright Amy,” he said. “We’ll find you a room here.”

It was only a few minutes before Margaret, or Mar as she was fondly known, came down the stairs. Mar was the head of Sarah’s Home. She lived there and managed the girls staying there, making sure they didn’t get into trouble.

“Mar, this is Amy,” Michael said to her. Mar nodded and then Michael walked off to his tiny office.

“Well hello Amy, can you tell me how old you are?” Mar asked her.

“Seventeen,” she said quickly. Mar looked her up and down suspiciously. “Please, I just need a place to stay,” she added.

“Alright,” Mar sighed. “Follow me and we’ll get you all set. The rules of the house are fairly simple: you do what we say or you leave. It is your privilege to stay here, do you understand that?”

“Yes,” she said quietly.

“Now, did you bring anything with you? Clothes? Personal items?” Mar asked. Amy held up a small bag. “I’m going to have to search that. We don’t allow drugs or weapons of any kind here.”

“I don’t have any drugs,” she insisted. Mar looked skeptical and she took her bag. Inside, she found only a few clothing items and a crumpled, folded photograph of a woman, who looked so similar to the younger girl in front of her, she assumed it was her mother, or at least a relative of some kind.

“Alright empty out your pockets,” Mar instructed. From her large overcoat pockets she pulled a few crumpled tissues, empty candy bar wrappers, a book of matches and a smashed ten dollar bill. Then from the pockets of the pants she was wearing she pulled a five dollar bill, more tissues and a small pocket knife.

“I’ll be taking this,” Mar said, picking up the knife. “Now, you’ll be sharing a room with two other girls. Make sure to keep close track of your things. Within the week we’ll be finding a job for you. Typically the jobs are at a grocery store, do you think you can do that?”

“Uh huh,” Amy nodded.

“Good. In addition to that, we require that you speak with our therapist at least twice a week. You’ve already met him though, I see.”

“Michael?” she asked, recalling the name of the man who brought her coffee.

“Yes, him. I’ll give you a chance to get settled and showered, and then you can speak with him.”

She nodded and entered the room that Mar had shown her. “Thank you.”

a/n -- just to clarify - Amy= sydney, she's lying about her name and she's not really 17 because i'm not that sick/creepy having vaughn be 27 and syd be 17 where isn't not so much the 10 yr age diff that's the problem - th eproblem is that she's 17 but she's not... did i just confuse you? :lol:

Holy felgercarb! 18 more fics? ALREADY COMPLETED??!?! YOU'RE INSANE!!!

However, I love your fics, so it's ok. PM me for this one too! It looks great! :D

~Anja

Janet, you can have them cart us off too because we need to be in an addiction program due to your great fics!

Please keep me on the PM list...I can't wait to see how "Amy" and Vaughn interact. Thanks!

a/n -- just to clarify - Amy= sydney, she's lying about her name and she's not really 17 because i'm not that sick/creepy having vaughn be 27 and syd be 17 where isn't not so much the 10 yr age diff that's the problem - th eproblem is that she's 17 but she's not... did i just confuse you?
eeerrr... dunno if i understood that. :lol:

and yay another fic!! :woot: pm me please!

18. WRITTEN. AND . COMPLETED. FICS :P Yeah it might be a littke sick. But just a little :D
Anyway i think that you deserve some RESPECT for that :P
And thank good that she's not 17 (or at least nkit completly) . That would be wrong. Even in S/V relatioship :smiley: :P
Plese keep me on PM list. It works for a few days now :blink:

Great start!!! But it's not a news!!!!

I figured that Amy was ideeed Syd!

Please...keep me on the list!

Thanks for the pm!

ps wanna hear something sick? i have 18 more completed fics that haven't been posted granted, some of them are only like 10 chapters... sill... i'm gonna be sent to the funny farm any day now

Do you want me to give them a call??????????? :lol: You crack me up...

a/n -- just to clarify - Amy= sydney, she's lying about her name and she's not really 17 because i'm not that sick/creepy having vaughn be 27 and syd be 17 where isn't not so much the 10 yr age diff that's the problem - th eproblem is that she's 17 but she's not... did i just confuse you?

Nope... I got the drill no worries ;) :P

This is such a great start!!!!!! Can't wait to find out more tomorrow... :woot:

I really wonder where you come up with your ideas? Well... that and the time to write everything... 'cause ideas also come easily to me... it's the writing part that takes me ages though :thinking:

^_^ cookie

PS. please PM me for the next parts :P

great start!! i loved it!
i am confused now though lol so she is saying she is 17 but she really isnt??
thank for the PM
update soon :D

Great start!
I know that she's gonna do great and I know that Vaughn'll help her get back on track with her life. So keep PMing me. But 18 fictions WOW! Okay I guess the good news is that we have a lot of fictions waiting awesome.

ps wanna hear something sick? i have 18 more completed fics that haven't been posted :lol: granted, some of them are only like 10 chapters... sill... i'm gonna be sent to the funny farm any day now :lol:

writing is good!!! you should compile all your stories into a book or something. don't feel like you're psycho or anything.

i have 3 that i am currently TRYING to finish but have been untouched in weeks. wish i had your talent to just bust them out!

this looks like another cute one! i'm excited for another skygirl fic.

I really wonder where you come up with your ideas? Well... that and the time to write everything... 'cause ideas also come easily to me... it's the writing part that takes me ages though :thinking:
well, the time is simple really - because it's what i do in my free time (and sometimes my un-free time... like during a boring class lecture :angelic: )

i am confused now though lol so she is saying she is 17 but she really isnt??
that is correct

Back