GFX brushes wont change

thefonz

Cadet
Hey guys/gals, for some reason brushes in photoshop cs3 wont change colour anymore, any ideas, i have tried changing the background and forground colours to red for ex but they still come out white. Anyone seen this before? thanks

Is this a new install, and are you an experienced user? I don't mean to offend you if I do, just trying to figure out the problem.....

3 possible fixes...... First one is most likely, but kinda difficult to explain.

Are you using the 'History brush tool' instead of the normal brush tool?
Just above where the 'history brush tool' is the brush tool may display as a pencil I don't know the CS3 default install..... If its a pencil click and hold to display the full list of tools then grab the brush or....
Press B on your keyboard to select the actual brush tool

Also check the blend mode for the brushes you are using (option is near brush tip shape panel) is it set to 'hue' or 'lumination' or something weird if do change to normal change it to 'normal'

On the brush presets, check that you don't have any weird settings being defaulted in the colour dynamics settings

Post back if none of these worked. Or if you don't understand any of what I said....

Tried above and nothing. Wasnt a new install either. I knew just a bit more than basics but thats about it. Gave up and went to work, just got back in and tried it again and it works now :curse: Strange but just one of those this lol cheers anyway

thefonz said:
Hey guys/gals, for some reason brushes in photoshop cs3 wont change colour anymore, any ideas, i have tried changing the background and forground colours to red for ex but they still come out white. Anyone seen this before? thanks
I'm having the same problem, everyone is going greyscale :curse:
Edit: Nvm - I had the damn thing on greyscale base layer <<

Back