BSG Thoughts?

How many stars would you give it?

• Total voters

Jaxx

Cadet
With only two more episodes remaining for the season. What do you all think so far?

I will admit, I did catch two episodes of the UK version after it aired here in the states, and I really liked the opening score of the UK version better. There was really no difference in the actual episodes themselves, which was good (main reason I watched a few was to see if there were any differences).

Sometimes it seemed a little jumpy, but other then that. I thought it was well done. I cannot wait until this summer. :smiley:

there were different scores?

mad! they're all mad!

seriously though, wonder who's bright idea that was? did they canvass the american public and decide they responded better to a "zapp" before a "ding" ? did the censorship guys think that the score would incite rioting in america? sway the young into perverted practices? it's a good job that fact wasn't made public or there would have been yet another purist outcry from the original season followers :smiley:

BSG is the only show that I've been making a point of watching. I try to catch the entire Friday night lineup on Sci-Fi Channel but if I miss either of the SG's I don't worry about much. BSG, on the other hand, I make a point of staying up to catch the rerun 1:00am.

Sometimes I think some of the episodes spend too much time dealing with character emotions rather than story line but that was also one of the gripes I had with Moore and his work on DS9. At first I was put off by the series being a "re-imagination" of the original BSG lore but it's been growing on me as a seperate entity. I'm still a big fan of the original series (I even was lucky enough to get the special edition DVD boxed set as a gift) but I think this series can stand on it's own merit and exist at the same time as classic BSG. Sort of how there are Trek TOS die-hard fans and Trek TNG die-hard fans I think we'll see a splinter group of BSG fans in the days ahead.

BSG will get very interesting during the last part of the second season or it will fall flat on its face. I've noticed that trend in more than 5 series in the past. Next season the 'newness' will wear off and the story will either blossom or die.

LOL. No kidding.

The score itself is a little bit more pumping(?), there is a small bit of it in the opening of the US version, but it is mostly that slow ambient type music here. Wonder how I could get away with recording a bit of each just to show a difference.

Mr Destructo said:
there were different scores?

mad! they're all mad!

seriously though, wonder who's bright idea that was? did they canvass the american public and decide they responded better to a "zapp" before a "ding" ? did the censorship guys think that the score would incite rioting in america? sway the young into perverted practices? it's a good job that fact wasn't made public or there would have been yet another purist outcry from the original season followers :smiley:

it's good for what it is.. a remake of a classic.
i think they're over-extending themselves with the character development of too many characters at once. and we still know practically nothing about one of the main characters.. apollo.
hope they don't spread themselves too thin.

Save me from commercials!

I've never seen BSG. They should rename the SCI-FI channel the ALL COMMERCIALS ALL THE TIME channel. Seems like you watch ten minutes of programming, then 20 minutes of commercials! My mute button is nearly worn out from trying to watch this channel!

Yeah, sometimes it seems like the commercials are pushed more than the actual shows. :( It'd be nice if they did something like show commercials during shows during primetime when it first airs but then offer a commercial free version when they re-air it again at 2:00am in the morning.

Back