Budgie's Intro

Budgie

Cadet
Hello, there! Living in Sun Diego and love me some sci-fi. But I'm not an expert who's into the obscure. My tastes are very particular. But I'm happy to talk about sci-fi in general with everyone. And hopefully, I'll get to. Thanks!

But I'm not an expert who's into the obscure.
Isn't that the point?
Hello, there!
Greetings
My tastes are very particular.
Yup, I think everone's are.
I'm happy to talk about sci-fi in general with everyone.
Cool, that's the main focus of CoolSciFi er' Alien Soup.

While some of us can be rather stringent on what constitues science fiction, we are open
to all discussions.

Welcome to Alien Soup!

Hello, there! Living in Sun Diego and love me some sci-fi. But I'm not an expert who's into the obscure. My tastes are very particular. But I'm happy to talk about sci-fi in general with everyone. And hopefully, I'll get to. Thanks!
Budgie, welcome to Alien Soup! You don't have to be an expert or into obscure stuff, we're a small friendly community where everybody is welcome to hang out & shoot the breeze. We tend to talk about genre stuff but also chat about anything & everything.

You caught my attention with your location, San Diego is a beautiful area and is on my list of "Maybe someday if I retire..." spots. I'm outside of Philly, ever time we have a day of gray overcast skies & freezing temps I can't help but to think of my last trip out that way. I really need to get back there.

How's Sand Dog? I haven't been there in a while.

Welcome. Sci-fi. I love it within reason - more like un-reason even more. Just finished: Richard Morgan: Woken Furies. More war and action and mayhem in delusional desperation by demented power corrupted corporations and duplicitous government stretching across planets and time spans where -resleeving- makes soldiers of fortune almost immortal.

Thanks for the welcome, almostvoid!

You caught my attention with your location, San Diego is a beautiful area and is on my list of "Maybe someday if I retire..." spots. I'm outside of Philly, ever time we have a day of gray overcast skies & freezing temps I can't help but to think of my last trip out that way. I really need to get back there.

How's Sand Dog? I haven't been there in a while.

You must be "Navy"? SD checks Five-Oh!

Welcome to the forums Budgie, check out the horror forums - safe from the Nerds, looks around nervously :writing:

I will be sure to do so -- and thanks!

Sorry for the belated responses. I have not forgotten about this site! But Winter was very damp and cold this year! Now, I've found that Spring has put a spring in my step ... but I'll surely visit with some regularity. I like what I see, with this site. And I have much to type and to discuss!

Visually, it's quite nice, actually. It's no wonder Hollywood set up shop in these parts. But all of California is terribly expensive. And for what you get out of it, well ... the USA is a big place, with lots of options available ...

standing still is a good beginning - sitting is even better -in a beer garden and out of the sun- I live in Melanoma country!!!![DownUnder]

In your case standing in or sitting in the shade is even better
Hey, almostvoid, you've reminded me of a quote by Rosa Luxemburg:
"Those who do not move, do not notice their chains."

Kent Cullers from the movie CONTACT -- he's cool --!!
I haven't seen that movie, are you referring to William Fichtner?

rosa luxemburg- I read a book of her letters to her lover -can't remember who! big cheese and she was so in love with this guy. we are so human when bitten --- the Finns think love is a kind of 'madness'.

Back