Buffy/Alias

I think Alias is very relatable to Buffy, escpecially characters. Think about it...

Sydney - Buffy
Vaughn - Angel
Sark - Spike
Lauren - Drusilla? Evil Faith?
Sloane - "The First"
Jack - Giles
Weiss - Xander

What other characters do you think? I'm missing Willow, and a few others.

They are quite similar! I was thinkin bout that the other day!

Willow- Marshall or Francie (Marshall coz of the geekiness,and knowin everythin, Fran coz of bein her best friend)

Who would Will be? The only other character i can think of is Riley n Will is definetly not a Riley! But yeah some of the characters are similar!

to be honest, i don't think any of the characters are that alike, but everyone always relates alias to buffy...weird...also i read about three reviews which said alias was either the 'new buffy' or a cross between buffy and james bond, something like that. Personally i don't think their at all alike, apart from that they both have a strong female lead and are both action series, why do you guys think they are so alike?

I think they're very similar in surface things, like being shows with strong female leads who are also "butt-kickers", but I think it's also a lot more than that.

Both deal with a woman/girl who has a secret identity (slayer, spy.) Buffy and Sydney both have to navigate through a screwed-up world where everything seems crazy and out of control, and they both always feel like the fate of others rests on their shoulders. Both just want to have a normal life, but are stuck in completely abnormal circumstances. Both have a small but select group of friends who are aware of their circumstances and help in the fight, and Syd and Buffy both attempt to have some kind of love life even when everything seems to conspire against them. Both have been referred to as "the chosen one" on their respective shows; Buffy as the slayer, Syd as the subject of the prophecy, (and Buffy was also "Prophecy Girl").

Both shows are also similar in that they deal with the outlandish in a believable way. Of course, in "reality," there aren't vampires or genetic doubles, but both Alias and Buffy present their storylines with so much skill and depth and emotional realism that it allows you to completely believe in their crazy worlds.

I don't think it's just a coincidence that J.J. Abrams was a big fan of "Buffy", or that Joss Whedon is a big fan of Alias. The two creators appear to have a lot in common.

You can make surface comparisons, but that's about it. Sydney really isn't much like Buffy in personality or background. But it is true that Abrams & Whedon have a mutual appreciation society. I like that, since I appreciate them both!
;)

they sorta do....
if you took all the characters general traits (buffy/sydney strong, etc) it would be similar, but the characters are so complex, and because of this as a whole are very different :smiley:

Wicca Willow said:
to be honest, i don't think any of the characters are that alike, but everyone always relates alias to buffy...weird...also i read about three reviews which said alias was either the 'new buffy' or a cross between buffy and james bond, something like that. Personally i don't think their at all alike, apart from that they both have a strong female lead and are both action series, why do you guys think they are so alike?
I agree... I think Alias and Buffy are completely different.

i think will and xander are pretty alike.
Will had a crush on syd,just like xander on buffy.
will started dating his best friend,francie
and xander in s2 liked willow for a few episodes
they're both kinda geeky and not of any real help to syd/buffy

giles and jack are both father figures,involved in their world,helping.

Back