Buffy Cartoon

hotpot

The Bubbly
Look what was on imdb yesterday ...

Buffy Resurrected in Animation
Defunct TV show Buffy The Vampire Slayer is set to be resurrected as a cartoon. Although Sarah Michelle Gellar will not reprise her leading role in the new series, creator Joss Whedon has reportedly recruited Giselle Loren - the video-game voice of Buffy - to speak for her in the pilot. Cast members Alyson Hannigan, Nicholas Brendon and Anthony Stewart Head are returning to voice the animated versions of their characters.

This should be .... interesting

I'm having trouble picturing how this will look, but I'm interested in it.

I think at this time, it's the only way to ressurect Buffy, because I don't believe Sarah Michelle will sign on for anymore.

You know, if I judge by the quality of most cartoon renditions, I find it difficult to work up a lot of enthusiasm. But, then again, one of the most addictive and surprisingly rewarding works of fiction I've come across lately has been a certain anime (in fact, having had a look ahead at the future storyline in Japanese, I'm wondering whether they will have the guts to translate it for the American audience . . .). It depends on the quality of the writers and whether they're willing to pay for more than a handful of stories to run over and over and over . . . and over. :confused:
✌️

I saw an little article about this in a recent TV Guide. There was a possible illustration included. Being a fan of Buffy and Angel, I'll watch it when it comes out to see if it's good.

well this has been in pre-production for a couple of years now, but Joss Whedon has had difficulty pitching it. i'm still looking forward to it regardless, cos it means that there's still life in the Buffyverse. plus i always have faith in Joss.

Back