Politics Bush

Well thats a complex political theory and one I'm not about to go in to, what I meant was you cannot judge his true legacy until he has left office.

noggi16 said:
Well thats a complex political theory and one I'm not about to go in to, what I meant was you cannot judge his true legacy until he has left office.
[post="1316530"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Although, in my opinion, I doubt he'll leave some great legacy, I agree that he could do something astronomically wonderful in the time has left.

But given his platform, I find that highly doubtable...and as it stands right now I am not at all pleased with how he has ran the country in his first term and now so far in his second.

I'm taking Current Political Issues, and my professor is graduating on the day of our final, so he gave us a paper to write instead.

Here's the topic: "Is George W. Bush a good president?"

We have to use information from articles we've read throughout the semester to back up our stance, so it can't just be some uneducated rant (thank goodness...that happened all too often in our class time)...but I know I'm going to have some fun with this one ;)

This is why I'm glad I'm British because when we do satire we have Bremner Bird and Fortune.

I can sit and argue, logically on terms of current policy and ideology with supporters of all political parties, this is not reasoned debate. Fine you don't like it but to just make cartoons is wrong.

noggi16 said:
This is why I'm glad I'm British because when we do satire we have Bremner Bird and Fortune.

I can sit and argue, logically on terms of current policy and ideology with supporters of all political parties, this is not reasoned debate. Fine you don't like it but to just make cartoons is wrong.
[post="1322704"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Why is making cartoons wrong? We do have freedom of speech and expression. The one had factual statistics at the end of it.

Cartoons are quite a political statement, at least over here in America. Newsweek always has 3 cartoons in each of it's issues, cnn.com features a cartoon on different news stories, many of the cable news stations show cartoons during their broadcasts.

If cartoons are wrong than are comedians wrong for poking fun at politicians and their policies?

Strangley enough, I know that, like most other things we invented political satire, Lowe? anybody?

But we criticise policy occassionly foibles make it in, but only so we can recognise the satire, all this he's stupid, he's this he's that is nothing to do with the core reason people dislike him.

noggi16 said:
Strangley enough, I know that, like most other things we invented political satire, Lowe? anybody?

But we criticise policy occassionly foibles make it in, but only so we can recognise the satire, all this he's stupid, he's this he's that is nothing to do with the core reason people dislike him.
[post="1322761"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Must we take things so literally?

She posted them there for a bit of humor. If people don't like them, then don't watch them!

And you are right, the cartoons about how smart he is or the books of his "Bushisms" aren't why I dislike them. But I still find them extremely amusing. Any educated person, and most people who dislike Bush dislike him for valid reasons.

Those cartoons are out there for fun, that's it.

yes exactly. I don't hate bush because of the things people write about him in books or put it cartoons, I hate him for the decisions he's made and his views on certain issues. But of course, I enjoy reading, watching, etc anti-bush things.

Might not be true, but it is interesting. I mean, they even found plane wreckage after the twin towers came down...but you didn't see any at the Pentagon.

I took in interest in this after my conspiracy theorist grandmother got me involved. I saw the security camera footage...but the only footage released was right before and right after...not during.

Kind of intriguing...even if none of it's true.

perhaps the more accurate assessment is
he "filtered" it
or should i say cheney, rummy
scooter libby, condi rice
emphasized the favorable
and squashed
the unattractive
in reference to an attack
the downing street memo
tends to suggest war was a foregone
conclusion by spring '02

in reference to an attack
the downing street memo
tends to suggest war was a foregone
conclusion by spring '02

I'm not suprised by that. Wars take a long time to plan logistically. I know that where I used to work, we have a department that does the logistics for the MOD and we'd bought a warehouse in Quatar nearly a year before. So its not like they were the only people talking about it.

AliasHombre said:
People SAW the plane hit the building.  You can't explain the dissapearence of a goddamned place.
[post="1389067"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Just to play devil's advocate then what about the many people who saw a much smaller plane? And what about how the damage was circular with no damage from the massive wing span? And the lapse in the security camera footage?

I'm not saying I believe in any of this silliness...but I do think there are unanswered questions as to what really happened.

Jamison said:
Just to play devil's advocate then what about the many people who saw a much smaller plane?  And what about how the damage was circular with no damage from the massive wing span?  And the lapse in the security camera footage?

I'm not saying I believe in any of this silliness...but I do think there are unanswered questions as to what really happened.
[post="1389750"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Ok, let me elaborate. My father knows people (pilots) who were in DC at the time and actually saw the jet crash into the building.

Back