Politics Bush

As much as I hate what has happened in Iraq, I don't think it's fair to blame just him for what's happening. It took many many misguided people to turn Iraq into the hell hole it is right now.

ms.katejones said:
As much as I hate what has happened in Iraq, I don't think it's fair to blame just him for what's happening. It took many many misguided people to turn Iraq into the hell hole it is right now.
[post="1425692"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I understand what you are saying but the idiots/insurgents are there because the Americans are there. America is thee greatest evil to these people, so having American solidiers invade a traditionaly islamic country is going to atract islamic militants from all over the islamic world to iraq to pick a fight with the US. There was no planning for this obvious scenario.

ms.katejones said:

While this is true, if Bush hadn't been so determined to attack Iraq (Downing Street Memo, anyone?) then we wouldn't be over there...period.

Of course actually going to war took more people then Bush alone, but if it hadn't been for his sheer determination in going over there, then it wouldn't have happened.

Definitely. He controls what the public's view of what the government wants is.

And he wants to kill Sequoia trees! Logging, on National Park Lands! And Alaska, too, of course... If any of you guys haven't seen "Oil on Ice," the documentary, please do. The man who made it spoke at my school.

ms.katejones said:
yes, but who was doing the misguiding? who had the power to correct these people and did not? why, it's our very own W.

i honestly think he doesnt see anything wrong with it. i honestly think that he thinks it was the right thing to do.

the_alliance said:
everyone is entitled to be an idiot. it's just that when you're the leader of a global superpower, it doesn't quite bode well for anybody.
[post="1430529"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

lol i'm so with you on that one!! -_-

what a liar! bush says in regards to CAFTA that this agreement will ensure that free trade will be fair trade. uh! i cant stand more lies!

1. Livelihoods of farmers and food security. Poor farmers in Central America may not be able to compete with much more efficient, highly subsidized U.S. agriculture. At the same time U.S. subsidies are not focused on the needs of small and medium-sized farms in the U.S. Meanwhile, tariff reductions and elimination of supports under CAFTA could subject staple foods like corn, beans, and rice to serious price fluctuations. How will CAFTA address the needs of small and medium-sized farms in the U.S. and Central America?

2. Worker rights and environmental protection. While certain labor and environmental provisions are included in the agreement, it is not clear that they will lead to stronger protection of fundamental worker rights and the environment. How will CAFTA protect the rights of workers and the environment?

3. Transparency and democratic participation. During the negotiations and since the agreement was signed there has been an absence of broad consultation with key sectors who will be affected, and little information has been available in publicly accessible forms. How will people have a say in how CAFTA impacts their lives?

4. Intellectual Property. CAFTA’s extension of protections for intellectual property rights may impair the right of Central American countries to exercise proper stewardship over their natural resources and may limit access of poor people to affordable generic medicines. How will CAFTA’s intellectual property provisions impact the poor?

5. Poverty reduction and sustainable development. CAFTA’s ability to increase opportunities for the poor and to enhance prospects that they will genuinely benefit from increased trade remains unclear. Trade policies must be framed within an integrated development agenda that incorporates measures to improve education, health care, and democratic participation. How will CAFTA promote integral human development, especially of the poor?

listen my fellow citizens of the world
i have lived awhile
and not since the watergate debacle
and the shameful resignation of richard nixon
have i felt embarrassed by a president
but from the day he was put in power by
our misguided supreme court,
day by day
he outdoes himself with ignorance
and stupidity in word and deed
forgive us world
we put in power an absolute fool
whose reign will end january 20, 2009
be patient with us til then
dcc

mexico city said:
listen my fellow citizens of the world
i have lived awhile
and not since the watergate debacle
and the shameful resignation of richard nixon
have i felt embarrassed by a president
but from the day he was put in power by
our misguided supreme court,
day by day
he outdoes himself with ignorance
and stupidity in word and deed
forgive us world
we put in power an absolute fool
whose reign will end january 20, 2009
be patient with us til then
dcc
[post="1443109"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
nixon? the only thing that i remember living thru is his death. it wasn't very pomp and circumstance-ish (for obvious reasons). now reagan's funeral, wow! anyway...

2009 that's a long time from now. that's 3.5 years. you know what can happen in 3.5 years? (two wars & overthrowing 3 sovereign governments)

secret_agent_angel said:
that is one of the funniest comments i've heard about bush...
[post="1443879"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
haha. thanks.

secret_agent_angel said:
that is one of the funniest comments i've heard about bush...
[post="1443879"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

lol totally agree!!!

the_alliance said:
2009 that's a long time from now. that's 3.5 years. you know what can happen in 3.5 years? (two wars & overthrowing 3 sovereign governments)
haha. thanks.
[post="1444265"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

haha or if the wrong things are said...the world may not exist tomorrow with all these nuclear threats. anything can happen in 3.5 years...

Melissa said:
I think he is stupid idiot but you got to love him...

if u hate him or love him go to www.jibjab.com and watch THIS LAND...2ND TERM...AND WHAT IT IS LIKE TO BE IN DC.

trust me you will all love it

mel
[post="1444871"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I've seen 'this land' and 'what its like to be in dc' but not 2nd term yet!

*moments later*

just finished watching! funny! hehe i still liked this land more though...:D

I probably shouldn't post my views about Bush :lol: lord knows, i'd probably get banned from the site or something

most countries in the world see what an idiot bush is, i don't understand why America can't see that as well..

But I don't think Bush is a mean jerk on purpose.. I just think he's dumb.. he doesn't know better..

Even if you don't like him is it really appropriate to be calling him "dumb" there is no criticical evaluation on his policies his idelogies there just name calling.

Back