C of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe

V

verdantheart

I've been hearing about this for a while but haven't seen anything here. From Disney, but doesn't look like a Disney film at all.

USA Today article

Official site

Costumes/effects by Weta, the people who did Lord of the Rings. Yes, CS Lewis can be a bit overbearing, but I've always been rather fond of the Narnia series, probably the least overtly preachy of his works. ;)

I've seen the old Wonder Works version of The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe a bunch of times. (It was really low budget, but better than the cartoon version.) I'm interested to see what they do with this new one.

ms.katejones said:
I've seen the old Wonder Works version of The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe a bunch of times. (It was really low budget, but better than the cartoon version.) I'm  interested to see what they do with this new one.
[post="1325998"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I grew up on those. :blush: I love 'em. ^_^ But the books, of course, are the best. PERIOD.

I hooope Disney does justice to the series. :thinking: LOL Saying that sentence almost makes me want to cry. I doubt Disney can do it... But we'll see... So far the casting rocks. Tilda Swinton = the White Witch.

The trailer's released this Saturday! :smiley:

P.S. LOL Verdy. :P I never found them preachy. I adore Lewis. More than Tolkein.

I had the BBC Version on VHS Cassette and had the cartoon recorded from the TV. I lost the cartoon. I'm dissapointed in me though, as I only read the first five.
I'll have to see this.

Jai :rain:

Leslie said:
P.S. LOL Verdy. :P I never found them preachy. I adore Lewis. More than Tolkein.
[post="1327449"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Not Narnia so much, but have you read some of his other works? :angelic: Man.

verdantheart said:
Not Narnia so much, but have you read some of his other works?  :angelic: Man.
[post="1329324"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yeah we had to read some of his other stuff for theology class in high school. Reading the Chronicles of Narnia as a kid I totally did not get that they were a metaphor for Christianity. I just like to think of them as one of the best fantasy series ever.

verdantheart said:
Not Narnia so much, but have you read some of his other works?  :angelic: Man.
[post="1329324"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I read Screwtape Letters. Haven't gotten to Mere Christianity yet. But I can see how it might come off as strong. ^_^

First-off....broken-spacebar....that's-the-reason-for-the-hypens....:lol:

Saw-the-global-premiere-of-the-trailer-last-night-during-Harry-Potter-on-ABC.....
This-movie-looks-like-it-will-be-AMAZING....(y)

freakforalias said:
Saw-the-global-premiere-of-the-trailer-last-night-during-Harry-Potter-on-ABC.....This-movie-looks-like-it-will-be-AMAZING....(y)
[post="1331432"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

(y)

and hmm i think i read this book... but im not really sure

They all seem perfectly casted to me... except I pictured Edmund more of a blond. But that could just be the BBC version talking. ;)

are they doing the whole series or is it just The Lion, The Witch and the wardrobe? Because they make it sound like they're doing all of the books but they why wouldn't they start with The Magician's Nephew? ;)

ETA: btw, do you guys know who's doing the soundtrack? ;)
--Mandy :angelic:

mystery_chick said:
are they doing the whole series or is it just The Lion, The Witch and the wardrobe? Because they make it sound like they're doing all of the books but they why wouldn't they start with The Magician's Nephew? ;)

ETA: btw, do you guys know who's doing the soundtrack? ;)
[post="1340248"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I'm not sure if they're doing all the books, or not...I hadn't heard. If they are, maybe they're starting with this one since it's the most well known of the series.

And Harry Gregson-Williams is doing the soundtrack. He's also done the scores for Kingdom of Heaven, Miss Congeniality 2, and Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason...just to name a few ;)

^ They ARE planning on doing all the books, at least 2 more have been greenlighted. They started with this one because it's the first one he wrote and they're doing them in that order. So it will be like Star Wars with Magician's Nephew as a prequel.

Jamison said:
I'm not sure if they're doing all the books, or not...I hadn't heard.  If they are, maybe they're starting with this one since it's the most well known of the series.
And Harry Gregson-Williams is doing the soundtrack.  He's also done the scores for Kingdom of Heaven, Miss Congeniality 2, and Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason...just to name a few ;)
[post="1340366"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

So is it going to be an original soundtrack as in composed music? Bridget Jones soundtrack was just a mixture of songs. I want something like LOTR or POTC

ms.katejones said:
^ They ARE planning on doing all the books, at least 2 more have been greenlighted. They started with this one because it's the first one he wrote and they're doing them in that order. So it will be like Star Wars with Magician's Nephew as a prequel.
[post="1340372"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Oooh yay! :woot: I cant' wait for The Silver Chair and The Last Battle because those two were my favourite along with The Lion, The witch and the Wardrobe. :D

mystery_chick said:
So is it going to be an original soundtrack as in composed music? Bridget Jones soundtrack was just a mixture of songs. I want something like LOTR or POTC
[post="1340426"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I would imagine the soundtrack would be composed music. I don't think a mixture of songs would really work. From what I heard they said that he'll be doing the soundtrack...so it should just be his composed music.

I saw the trailor the other day when my little brother was watching Disney. It was a Movie Surfer's thingy and it looked really good. I hope Disney makes it good. I'm always afraid when they turn books into movies....

I'm going to have to reread all of them to refresh my memory. I think Prince Caspian and The Horse and his Boy are my favorites.

Back