C of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe

It was an amazing movie. I went with very high expectations and I was not disappointed. I've seen it 3 times and each time it gets better! The acting was very good, especially considering the children are not overly experienced. The movie also followed the book very well. I think it's my favorite movie that's come out this last year. Very very well done and I'm excited for more movies.

Eee! I'm going to see it again this weekend!

My best friend was uncool and admitted she didn't want to go. So I'm getting a different group together. I'll be there even if nobody shows up, of course. ;)

:woot: I'm trying to get my roomies to go. But I don't think they were ever big fans of the books, so it might be hard... Neither of them have seen it tho! :eek: And I went to see Harry Potter for them, so it's the least they can do. ;) ;)

okay i dont know if its because i grew up loving the BBC VHS version so much, but the movie really didnt meet my expectations. I thought the girl playing Lucy was brilliant considering her age, but the other children seemed a bit dull to me.
The white witch actress was brilliant, but I just couldn't get the feeling that she was really EVIL you know? she just didnt look 'cold' enough. but her acting was soso good.
One thing I will say though, is that the battle sequence was AWESOME. I mean, it was exciting enough that we were all glued to our seats, but Narnia is essentially a kid's movie, and the battle scene took that into consideration and struck EXACTLY the right balance.
But it was very faithful to the book and I didn't exactly leaving the cinema complaining endleslly like i did after watching Harry potter 4. I'd say 6.5/10 =)

Gah. I keep trying to get people to go with me, but EVERY SINGLE TIME they've changed their mind. "No... I don't really want to" or "No, I'm sick" or "No, I've got too much work" or "No, come on, you've seen it more than once already" etc.

:hmm:

I am not pleased.

Not yet, but soon! I need to cash my last paycheck. ;) But I can tell you... I cannot WAIT to watch the movie again! *tingles with anticipation*

There is now an Extended Edition, with 4 disks...but the "Extended" bit is only lengthned by 8 minutes or so. I heard it's not that great of an extended. I have the 2-disk special edition, and I love it. I'm a huge Narnia fan. I loved and still love the books. My parents read them to us in the car when we were onn long trips and "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" is my favourite of them all.

Back