C of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe

I haven't read them in such a long time! I just got a copy last year, but I never had the chance to open it. I think I will this summer though. :D
--Mandy :angelic:

i'm actually looking forward to this. i loved the books. besides, the people who did the costumes and creatures in lotr are doing this movie (weta workshops)!

Magician's Nephew was by far my favorite. :love: Ooh I can't wait till they get to that one! I just hope they don't muck it up. <_<

Jamison said:
And Harry Gregson-Williams is doing the soundtrack.  He's also done the scores for Kingdom of Heaven, Miss Congeniality 2, and Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason...just to name a few ;)
[post="1340366"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
mystery_chick said:
So is it going to be an original soundtrack as in composed music? Bridget Jones soundtrack was just a mixture of songs. I want something like LOTR or POTC
[post="1340426"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
The score for Kingdom of Heaven most certainly was composed music--not bad, either. It didn't make me want to run out and buy the soundtrack, but very few scores do that. ;) I would say that a project like Narnia would call for composed music.

i saw the trailer and it looks awesome. it's got an lotr feel to it, but different coz it's not done by the same director.

and i hope that they make all of them into movies. coz my fav is the last one (the last battle).

Osiris said:
i saw the trailer and it looks awesome.  it's got an lotr feel to it, but different coz it's not done by the same director.
[post="1357392"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Same effects house (Weta), different director, composer, etc. ;)

yea, i heard that it was done by WETA, which i think is cool that WETA is finally getting a lot of attention. coz they're frickin' geniouses.

I doubt it because they didn't have centaurs, griffins, and assorted other mythological creatures in LotR. ;)

Something that's pissing me off already and making me think twice about Disney doing this -- there were no "goblins" in the Narnia series. :hmm: OR "ankle slicers." :smiley:wtf:smiley: Or minoboars or cyclops.

Minotaurs do exist in the Witch's army, as do: ogres, wolves, bull-headed men, spirits of evil trees, poisonous plants, cruels, hags, incubuses, wraiths, horrors, efreets spirites, orknies, wooses, and ettins. (source: NarniaWeb)

But no cyclops, ankle-slicers, goblins, or minobaurs. I guess I can see the inclusion of the goblins, since they are more of a generic "evil spirit" type creature, but minoboars? And cylcops? I mean, how necessary were they? This is not Greek mythology, folks. This is C.S. Lewis' world. :rolleyes: Drives me nuts.

As to the musical score. Bridget Jones had a score - but, as they always do with these kind of films, they didn't put the score on the soundtrack, only the songs. Of course this film will have a musical score.

It's the same situation as when everybody raced out to buy the Alias soundtrack only to discover it was the musical score rather than the songs they wanted.

I personally loved the Kingdom of Heaven music and I own the soundtrack. There has been talk of it getting an Oscar nomination.

So the musical score for Narnia will almost certainly be brilliant.

My friend told me that the C of Narnia are 'rewriting the Bible'...is this a sort of theme within the book or is he just a liar?

Back