Calling all vegetarians! Quick survey!

Hey guys. I have a special study i have to do for hospitality, and my topic is "vegetarianism in the hospitality industry."
If you would just be able to fill out this quick survey for me, as surveys are a requirement, i would just be so so so so grateful. I will love you forever. I will.

As a vegetarian, have you noticed an increase in popularity in regards to vegetarian products being sold in restaurants/retail stores? How much of an increase?

Do you find vegetarian products readily available for purchase at all restaurants/ stores you would dine at? Has this always been so?

Have you ever come across a restaurant that did not have a vegetarian option available for purchase? If yes, how often has this occurred?

n your opinion, how do vegetarian options compare to meat options served in restaurants? Do they seem as tasteful/readily available?

Have you noticed any increase in the availability of vegetarian options at restaurants/retail stores? Why do you think this is so?

In your opinion, has the hospitality industry taken major steps to cater for vegetarian diets? Where do you think the hospitality industry can improve when it comes to catering for these requirements?

Thanks so much guys!

As a vegetarian, have you noticed an increase in popularity in regards to vegetarian products being sold in restaurants/retail stores? How much of an increase? not really where I live. -_-

Do you find vegetarian products readily available for purchase at all restaurants/ stores you would dine at? Has this always been so? not at all, I haven't really noticed how it was before :blink:

Have you ever come across a restaurant that did not have a vegetarian option available for purchase? If yes, how often has this occurred? yes! unfortunately it's a lot! I still eat fish that's why I can almost always eat something in a restaurant.

In your opinion, how do vegetarian options compare to meat options served in restaurants? Do they seem as tasteful/readily available?
tasteful I think so. But we don't have much choice!

Have you noticed any increase in the availability of vegetarian options at restaurants/retail stores? Why do you think this is so? I haven't notice. But I gues in bigger cities it's due to the "new people".

In your opinion, has the hospitality industry taken major steps to cater for vegetarian diets? Where do you think the hospitality industry can improve when it comes to catering for these requirements? no they haven't! they can make more meals, it's not as tough as it seems to be!

hope it helps ;)

As a vegetarian, have you noticed an increase in popularity in regards to vegetarian products being sold in restaurants/retail stores? How much of an increase? No, most of the time I have a hard time finding them.

Do you find vegetarian products readily available for purchase at all restaurants/ stores you would dine at? Has this always been so? No, I haven't, but it would be nice if there was more for vegetarians to choose from.

Have you ever come across a restaurant that did not have a vegetarian option available for purchase? If yes, how often has this occurred? Yes, I have. This occurs at several restaurants I go to. Normally I end up ordering a salad or a breakfast item like pancakes or waffles, because there is nothing else to choose from.

n your opinion, how do vegetarian options compare to meat options served in restaurants? Do they seem as tasteful/readily available? There are more meat options at restaurants than vegetarian options unfortunately. If this were to change, eating at a restaurant would be a lot easier. There isn't a whole lot to choose from.

Have you noticed any increase in the availability of vegetarian options at restaurants/retail stores? Why do you think this is so? I think in larger cities there are more options, like once I went to San Francisco and there were a lot more vegetarian options there.

In your opinion, has the hospitality industry taken major steps to cater for vegetarian diets? Where do you think the hospitality industry can improve when it comes to catering for these requirements? No they haven't at all. It would be nice if they did though, it wouldn't be that hard. Not everyone eats meat you know.

As a vegetarian, have you noticed an increase in popularity in regards to vegetarian products being sold in restaurants/retail stores? How much of an increase?

yes, very much so, there are so many more products availiable now for vegetarians than when i first became one. I guess it's gone from just having to eat just vegetables to now having a whole supplementary range.

Do you find vegetarian products readily available for purchase at all restaurants/ stores you would dine at? Has this always been so?

Not all places, which is dissappointing, but there are plenty more optios for us now than there were say 5 years ago.

Have you ever come across a restaurant that did not have a vegetarian option available for purchase? If yes, how often has this occurred?

yes, and about 14 times

n your opinion, how do vegetarian options compare to meat options served in restaurants? Do they seem as tasteful/readily available?

I can't really remember the taste of meat, but they are just at readily availiable, there may not be as many options though, which is dissappointing

Have you noticed any increase in the availability of vegetarian options at restaurants/retail stores? Why do you think this is so?

I guess more and more people are turning to vegetarianism as a way of life, so there are more options

In your opinion, has the hospitality industry taken major steps to cater for vegetarian diets? Where do you think the hospitality industry can improve when it comes to catering for these requirements?

I think there have been major steps, but of course, there is room for improvement. I would like to see the vegetarian products as inexpensive as the meat, and more options availiable.

As a vegetarian, have you noticed an increase in popularity in regards to vegetarian products being sold in restaurants/retail stores? How much of an increase? I've noticed a small increase. Not huge but some.

Do you find vegetarian products readily available for purchase at all restaurants/ stores you would dine at? Has this always been so? At MOST restaurants I am able to find vegetarian products but still some restaurants don't offer much and becomes difficult to eat out

Have you ever come across a restaurant that did not have a vegetarian option available for purchase? If yes, how often has this occurred?I have come arcoss many resturants that didn't have specified vegetarian dishes. Evrey restuarant has salad so I'm always able to get that. This occurs often

In your opinion, how do vegetarian options compare to meat options served in restaurants? Do they seem as tasteful/readily available?Well obviously the meat options are better than the vegetarian options and sometimes if they do happen to have vegetarian options they don't always taste good.

Have you noticed any increase in the availability of vegetarian options at restaurants/retail stores? Why do you think this is so?I have seen a big increase of options becasue I think a lot of people are trying to switch to vegetarianism . Expecially after mad cow and stuff like that.

In your opinion, has the hospitality industry taken major steps to cater for vegetarian diets? Where do you think the hospitality industry can improve when it comes to catering for these requirements?I think they could defentily improve but if they add just a bit more than I think all would be good. The only problem is that some of the food offered dosen't taste good at all !

~Andrea :angelic:

Yes, I think it's more and more common that restaurants are providing many vegitarian options, and that non-vegitarians are trying and enjoying these foods as well.
Do you find vegetarian products readily available for purchase at all restaurants/ stores you would dine at? Has this always been so? Yes, I think so, but then again I don't frequently go to restaurants other than the pizzeria, and I work at a health food shop so everything there is vegitarian anyway...:lol:
No, as I said I only go to pizzarias, so you choose what's on it anyway ;)
In your opinion, how do vegetarian options compare to meat options served in restaurants? Do they seem as tasteful/readily available?
I don't particuarly eat out, but purely because I hate a lot of vegetables, vegetarian options can seem less tasteful.
Yes. I think it's because as more and more people are becoming vegetarian or follow vegetarian-like diets, restaurants realise that they need to cater for this if they want to make any money.
In your opinion, has the hospitality industry taken major steps to cater for vegetarian diets? Where do you think the hospitality industry can improve when it comes to catering for these requirements? I don't think that this is always the case...I think often places think that a vegetarian meal is just a meat meal with the meat taken out, so I think they could work on more dishes etc.

Jai :rain:

Back