CALLING ALL WRITERS 2

Sirius looked at Amanda incredulously. “Your… husband?” he finally managed. Amanda looked away. “I knew you were married, but to a Malfoy? And to Lucius’s cousin? This is almost too much information at once…” he trailed off, but Amanda knew he was considering how to deal with this. She wanted to tell him that she hated the man, which she did, but she hadn’t felt that way when they’d married.

“There’s more,” Amanda said suddenly, feeling awful for saying it. “But let me go back and tell you how things started… Mortus Malfoy grew up in England, and I didn’t, but we had mutual friends through various people. You probably already know this, but pureblood relations connect everywhere. It’s amazing.” Sirius looked down at his feet. He did know that. His bloodly family tree told him that. He was glad once more that he it was gone and that he no longer lived with it at 12 Grimauld Place.

Amanda continued. “Our parents eventually arranged a meeting, and sort of forced him on me. I thought he wasn’t all that bad, and handsome, too. Little did I know that my parents were waiting for an opportunity to get us married. Well, we dated, and several love potions later, we got married. Of course, I didn’t realize that potions had been used on me until after Leah was born, but you can imagine how that felt.” Sirius nodded sympathetically.

“What’s worse is that… to this day, Leah still doesn’t know the truth about Mortus. She thinks he is a great man, named Christopher West. West is my maiden name. It’s all a set up, and her memory is corrupt because Mortus didn’t spend much time around the house after she was born. He was scurrying about with Lucius and Voldemort, getting himself into trouble. I was glad he kept away. Now I wish he had stayed, so Leah could know the truth about him. She hates me, Sirius! If only I hadn’t been thrown in Azkaban, she wouldn’t have gone into that orphanage, and I could have made her understand.” Amanda felt the tears come then, and weeks of anxiety poured out as the sobs shook her. Sirius kept his arm around her for comfort, letting her cry.

“It’s alright, Amanda,” he said softly. “We’ll find her, and make her understand.” Sirius was afraid the fire in her eyes would go out if she didn’t let go of all the tension she was holding inside of her.

Amanda only cried, harder this time.

---

Anna stepped outside to find Harry hanging his head sadly. She glanced around for Annie.

“Where’d she go?”

Harry spun around. Seeing it was just Anna, he walked over and put an arm around her waist.

“It’s cold outside. Let me give you my jacket.” He draped it around her shoulders, still holding onto her.

“Thank you,” Anna murmured. She looked at him, then peered through the snow, still looking for her friend. She hadn’t been in the kitchen, and neither had Harry, so she’d gone outside and found him standing, ashamed at something. “Where did she go?” she repeated. Harry looked at her carefully before replying.

“I found her talking with Malfoy,” he said slowly. “She had quite a conversation going. After a while, she said good-bye, and ran outside with her coat. I followed her here, and then she disapparated somewhere, after Malfoy I assumed. I told her that she shouldn’t go alone.”

“You were right to do that,” Anna said gently, moving closer to keep them both warm. He sighed.

“I just don’t know where she went,” he exclaimed, frusterated. Anna nodded.

“I don’t know how to find her,” she confessed. “She’ll come back when she’s ready.”

Harry looked at her. She was right, as usual. “Until then, let’s go inside and warm up,” he suggested. Anna smiled at Harry and allowed him to lead her inside.

that's all i can do, sorry it's kind of short :smiley:

Alias Anna said:
who, annie? :lol: heh is it true that jk rowling said that phones were coming into use in the wizarding world? :confused:
[post="959704"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

read the last 5-10 pages of OotP. it's in there.

Yeah, he goes after you. Oh, and its Leslie/Anna B's turn... And if she doesn't goe by Tuesday, its Kewii's turn, and if she doesn't goe by Friday, it's Alex's turn. And if he doesn't go... :lol:

The phone was ringing loudly inside the home of Amanda West. It was early morning, and barring some emergency Amanda couldn't think of any reasonable excuse that a person could have for interrupting her on Christmas morning.

When Leah had been young Amanda had always been woken up early to accompany her daughter into the living room to open her massive mountains of presents.

But that had been a long time, and even though Amanda had plans with Sirius, she had no expected to get up so early in the morning.

She picked up the wizard phone, an invention that she had never seen before she went to Azkaban, and groggily answered,"Hello?"

"It's Leah. I need to talk to you." Came the curt reply.

Amanda winced at the lack of emotion in Leah's voice. But Amanda knew that if her daughter wanted to see her it must be important.

"Where, what time?" was all she asked.

Leah gave another curt response and in two minutes time she was apparating out of her house and to Windsor Mansion.

Hanging up the phone Leah smiled. She knew that justice was about to be done. She felt even better about the fact that she was largely responsible for seeing it through.

"But," she thought. "It would be better if I could see this justice done. Especially since she tried to ruin my father's name."

Soon after Leah followed her mother's actions and also apparated to Windsor Mansion.

Down at Windsor Mansion, Annie was seething. "That Harry Potter," she muttered as she kicked a garden gnome, " Just because he's the boy-who-lived doesn't mean that he can tell everyone else what to do. Well I have some news for him! I can do what I want. When I want." Annie gave another gnome a good satisfied kick. She was quite happy to get that statement out. Though, she supposed, it might've been better to actually say it to Harry.

Maybe she would try that later -- when Anna wasn't around.

Stalking around Windsor Mansion Annie couldn't help but feel a little intimidated by all of the cobwebs and overgrown gardens.

"Trust Draco to pick a creepy spot to meet." She thought.

Annie continued to pick her way through the path, jumping every so often when sudden noises -- or sudden critters -- came up.

Finally she got to the door and knocked. The knock echoed around the courtyard. Annie shivered as she waited.

Finally the door opened, but the figure that greeted Annie scarred her even more than anything else she had seen at the house so far.

"Hello." The figure said.

Annie just stared. Amanda West was just calmly greeting her at the door. What on earth was Amanda West doing at this mansion.

"Well I guess you know who I am." Amanda commented. "And you are?"

Annie finally stuttered out a reply that her name was Annie. She was still scared out of her wits.

"I'm supposed to be meeting my daughter Leah here. But she hasn't shown up yet. Why are you here."

"Draco Malfoy told me to meet him here." Annie replied.

"Malfoy!" Amanda exclaimed. "I think we could be in trouble here." Amanda finished as she pulled out her wand. Amanda now realized that Leah had set her up.

Amanda gestured for Annie to also draw her wand. But before Annie did a figure appeared behind her, and pointed the wand at her head.

"Nice to see that you found your way here, dear." Laughed a very amused Leslie. "We have already made proper guest arrangements for you. If you would please follow me."

Annie was pushed into the direction she wanted to go. She expected Amanda would follow, but Amanda just stood stock still.

"Why should I?" Amanda said.

"Do you want your friend to be hurt." Leslie replied.

"Do you know who I am? Have you any idea of the number of people I have killed -- on a whim?"

Leslie laughed harder than she ever had. "You mean the number of people you were wrongly accused of killing? Get moving, or I will kill her."

Amanda knew that her bluff had been called. She also now knew that these people had connections in high places -- to know that she had been released, and had not escaped.

Willingly she followed Leslie down the stairs to the dark basement. Stumbling on the steps Amanda and Annie were shocked to see another figure already tied up at the bottom of the stairs.

"Oh, allow me to make proper introductions." Leslie said. With a flick of her wand she removed the tape that covered the mouth of the figure.

"Amanda, Annie, allow me to introduce our unexpected guest, Ms. Leah West. I'm sure that you know of her, Amanda."

Amanda stared in shock at her daughter. Her daughters eyes were red and swollen, there was also a bruise on her cheek and her arm was hanging at a very odd angle. She had obviously put up a fight before she was brought downstairs.

"What are you doing here?" Amanda asked.

"I just wanted to see you suffer." Replied Leah, before she collapsed into sobs.

what happened?

Amanda, sirius' wife, leah's mom, good guy that walked into trap
Leah: misinformed about father's past and wants to kill mom
Leslie: has a bone to pick with Amanda, and willing to sacrifice Annie
Annie: set up by Draco as possible liability for Amanda, doesnt like harry

so where's the other ppl? Harry was sent on a mission and whatever happened to that? what exactly was the mission? maybe i'll elaborate on that.

i should have my post up BY wednesday.

The other people have been missing in action, lol.

And feel free to elaborate on the mission...I left it vague so someone else could fill it in.
And I don't think we've seen anything of Ron so far this story.

Back