CALLING ALL WRITERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, well, since they accepted my other fic, I don't think I have to run it through the acceptance process again, I can just add it...I do have to have it beta-ed but they have plenty of parodies and stuff posted there. That's if we put it under my sn there and the write all yall's names at the beginning of the story. Or we could just get a whole new joint account for it...I think that'd be kewl. ^_^

oo the joint account could be very cool!

but anyway we can post it there would be great! and the beta part makes it even better in my opinion! ;)

This is great! I'm loving it and very funny with the leaky faucet. :lol: Oh Chelsea--I finally decided to go with Ron. (Hopefully that's ok with everyone!) I think I'll wait for Brittany to post before I do so I can see what she writes! But this is turning out so well! :smiley: I can't wait to read what you write Britt!

Ron? good choice Cass! that would be REALLY cool for them accepting it! i'll just wait for you update, Britt.

aghghh! :stupidcomputer: I had written about a page in Word but my computer just up and restarted itself! :wahahahhaa!: :depressed: I currently have a total of 2 sentences saved. :( I guess that's what you get when you don't save every 5 minutes. <_< can someone else just take this part? I don't have time right now to write it over again.

Alias Anna, are you going next?

If not, I'll volunteer to go, but if you want to go, gladly write whatever you want to write! As long as this thing keeps on moving, everything is fine with me. :smiley:

okay.. so the added character is ME (note the part about being short). read up! ^_^ i hope it is up to standards.

Suddenly, from the back of the group of screaming girls came a quietly sexy girl in black. Harry couldn’t help noticing htat she was sort of short, but had a dazzling smile. Her velvet black robes complimented her flowing, brown hair. Her makeup was perfectly done. She lifted her chin and smiled at Harry. His cheeks started to blush.

“Excuse me,” she said. She pushed past him and left the common room. Harry’s heart fell. She hadn’t wanted to ask him. Oh well, he thought.

“Oi! Lavender?” he said embarrassedly. “I’ll take you.” She jumped forward and snatched his arm, neatly looping hers around his. Then, Harry’s new date steered him out of the common room, quickly leaving the Fat Lady behind.

Ginny and Hermione were nowhere to be seen, but Lavender hadn’t paused anyway so it didn’t matter. Harry was still thinking about the girl in black. He wasn’t paying attention. He was brought quickly back to reality when he almost tripped on his own date. Lavender looked slightly put out, but she only narrowed her eyes at him and tightened her grip.

Soon, the two had entered the rapidly filling hall. Harry glanced around for Ron, Ginny, Hermione and the girl in black. He could see Ginny and Hermione in a corner of the room, but Ron was apparently not around.

Ok, I'm just gonna go next. This is pretty much my character introduction. I'm just assuming that all the 'exchange students' have come, though there wasn't much introduction (thinks how to work it in). Ok, I hope this isn't bad, and feel free to add on afterwards!

Ron was rushing back to the great hall.

"How could I forget to put on a sock?" he muttered to himself, slapping his head as he sprinted through the hallways. He was kind of nervous about the dance, but he had no idea he was this nervous.

Looking back he was sure he would find this funny, but right now, he was just a little agitated and embarassed. But just as he turned the corner, he felt himself hit something. He then fell down to the ground.

"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry," came a muffled response as a girl with medium length brown hair and dark brown eyes said as she slowly rose from the ground.

"No, I'm sorry. I really should watch where I'm going," he responded, getting up quickly. "Are you ok?"

"I'm fine; nothing that I ever haven't felt before," she joked. "Hi, I'm Cass."

"I'm Ron," he said, shaking her hand. "I haven't ever seen you around here. What house are you in?"

"Oh, I'm not from here. I'm here with the other students for this Yule Ball that our school was invited to. I was actually just on my way to try and find the Great Hall. I was a little late fixing my hair and I got behind. You wouldn't happen to know where that is, would you?"

"I was actually just on my way there right now. It's actually just right there," he said pointing to the doors down the hall.

"Thank you so much. I thought I'd never find it. I guess I should get going. My friends are probably waiting for me," she said.

"Yeah, mine too," he added quickly.

"I'll see around though," Cass added smiling, before heading quickly the hall.

"I guess so," he whispered to himself, before hurrying inside as while.

Alright, so I hope this is ok, sorry it's kinda long. A couple things you need to know:
-I'm a homeschooled American student of witchcraft, that's why I didn't arrive with the rest of you, but I know all of you guys from the school.
-Charlie looks an awful lot like Johnny Depp...except the hair is red.... :D :woot: heh. :cool:

Alright, read on.....

Ron POV
“Oi! Ron over here! Harry hissed.

Ron finally found his way through the crowded Hall to Harry, Ginny, and Hermione who were already seated around one of many smaller circular tables set up in place of the usual House tables.

“Hey, guess who I just met?” He elbowed Harry, looking over at the tables of exchange students all sitting in close proximity to one another and looking a bit lost. Some gazed in wonder at the enchanted ceiling which currently showed a purple sky casting a wine-like glow over the Hall and its occupants, the sun had nearly set.

“Who?” He whispered. The hall was growing quieter as all eyes turned toward a standing Dumbledore.

“One of the exchange students-I bumped into her on the way back here an-”

“Where’d you go anyways?

Ron blushed slightly, “I forgot a sock and had to go all the way-wait, nevermind, that’s not important-” Harry was giving him quite a strange look.

“This girl, her name was Cass-”

“Shhhh!”

“Will you be quiet?!” He hissed.

“You!” Hermione shot him a stern look and turned her attention back to Dumbledore’s speech, welcoming the American school again. Harry looked warily between the two and mouthed, “Just tell me later.” Ron nodded while glaring at Hermione’s turned head, peeved that he could not tell of the intriguing girl he’d just run into.

“Oh, hey, Fred and George got here earlier too, while you were gone. They’re sitting in the back corner over there,” Harry pointed. “I think Charlie’s around here somewhere, too.” Ron looked and saw the twins sitting at a table with Angelina and Katie. They waved and started to call out, but both girls clapped their hands over their mouths just in time. The twins just shrugged and tried to look innocent, which of course, never worked. Ron settled on turning back around before they all got into trouble.

“And now, since most of your interests seem to be waning, let’s eat!” Dumbledore said with an amused glance toward their table and finished his speech with a clap at which menus appeared at every table.

The menus turned out to be much like the ones from 4th year, they had only to call out the name of the dish they wanted and it appeared instantly at their tables.
After eating his weight in pork chops and deserts, Ron and Harry strolled over to Fred and George’s table to talk and saw Sirius talking with Remus a few tables away. Harry excused himself and walked off to see them after saying his ‘Hello’s to the four of them.

“So, Ron, met any interesting American girls yet?” Fred asked with an impish grin. Ron could feel his ears turning red against all his will, when he was reminded of the girl named Cass.

“Oooooo, ickle Ronnie-kins has himself a girlfriend!” George mocked. Angelina slapped his arm and told him to stop teasing him.

“I have not!” Ron retorted hotly.

“Aww, poor Ronnie, none of the new girls like him? Fred bated him, changing tactics. Ron was just about to reply, his temper rising, when Harry grabbed his arm and said, “C’mon, let’s see what’s going on.” It was only then that Ron noticed the throng of students gathering at the doors and peering into the night sky.

Harry POV
Harry, satisfied that Ron wasn’t about to start an all out brawl with Fred and George, looked back into the sky as well.

“Look! Over there!” shouted a first year. Harry’s head snapped in the direction that the boy was pointing and soon everyone was staring and pointing and murmuring about this unidentified flying object. He chuckled to himself slightly at his own joke, but his attention was caught again by the object, moving ever closer to them. Suddenly a giant orange streak erupted in the sky and the crowd went crazy, some backing away scared and some jumping up to get a better look. “What is it?” he heard someone shout from behind him.

“I think I have a very good idea what it is,” Harry muttered smiling, and looked over at Ron who was also grinning. Ginny, Hermione, Fred, and George pushed their way to the front of the crowd where they were standing, the six of them the only ones privy to what would soon be landing on the front lawn of Hogwarts.

Brittany POV
It was magical-to say the least. At first she had been afraid, heights were never her cup of tea, but this was different. She wasn’t frightened, she was exhilarated-she was riding atop a remarkable Norwegian Ridgeback, its wings moving up and down in fluid, calming motions. ‘And with one fine-looking man, I must say,’ she thought to herself with a smile as Charlie Weasley turned around beside her and said with a grin, “Ready?” She nodded.

She patted her hair self-consciously, though she had cast wind repellant and protective charms around their harness to keep her hair, sandy-blonde and flowing down a little ways past her shoulders in big loose curls, from being blown to smithereens. Her shimmering, burgundy gown-spaghetti strapped and laced in the back-was also protected from any wayward flying birds. She shuddered at the thought.

They landed and rode down on Charlie’s broom to greet the headmaster and group of students waiting at the entrance for them. An old man she assumed to be the headmaster stepped forward to greet Charlie and shake his hand.

“Ahh, and who might your guest be, Mr. Weasley?” He smiled in her direction. She was usually a bit shy, but his eyes put her to rest immediately-there was a strange, but comforting sparkle to them.

“This is my date, Brittany,” Charlie replied, giving her a warm smile. “Britt, this is Professor Dumbledore.” She stepped foward and shook his hand, “It’s a pleasure, sir.”

“Welcome to Hogwarts, Brittany,” he said guiding the group back inside, “Now, let us return to the dance at hand."

hope that wasn't too bad......

Alright, Chels, let's have it! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back