CALLING ALL WRITERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brittany

Mrs. Depp
Hey all! Well, this was supposed to start at Christmas day but since my internet has chosen to be stubborn up until now, we're a bit late. But that's ok! Any of you who like to write HP (that's Harry Potter) fanfiction, come on in! Several ppl including Bridget, Cass (sydspy47), Chelsea(alias fan), and myself decided to start this ongoing fic. It will chronicle this year's Yule Ball our way! Some ppl wanted to be characters in the fic with character dates which is fine or you can just write what's happening with the other characters. It will be written piece by piece and there is no limit as to how much you can add.

There are a few rules though:
-Please don't write in any of the following ships, we respect your right to read them and write your fics about them, but please don't include them in submissions here. *Professor/Student, Adult/Minor, etc etc, basically any "SLASH" *

-To put it simply, other ships are ok, we'd prefer that you stick to canon though (what's written in the books). If you can't use canon to defend something that we might question the logic of, then don't use it. We don't wanna hear that Ron's going over to the dark side or something equally off unless you have a pretty damn good reason. ;) As for H/G and H/Hr ships, you are allowed to hint at either but since we have both shippers here, don't center it around that.

-Keep it clean. We want this no higher than PG-13. ;)

I think that's about all for now, but if I've forgotten anything, let me know. We'll prob keep it going until New Year's, maybe later, depending on the response this gets.

Have fun!
Brittany

ohhhhhh how exciting! *grins* :lol: maybe this will get me into writing again, i've been on a serious writers block, maybe it's the school work anyways does that me I get to start? :woot: I dont' think i'm gonna write as any of the character so i'll just start with a general description so everyone can build on it :D hehehe okay here we go, no promises on how good this is. First harry potter fic ever and well first time writing in about 4 month ;) ...

(just wait i'm working on it ;) )

I do! I do! okay here we go...

Crookshanks stretched lazily over his snuggily warm bed at the foot of Hermione Granger's bed. The warm and comforting scent of eggnogs sprinkled with cinnamon sprayed all around the school. It's source? the Kitchen of course. The kitchen elfs were up bright and early preparing the grand feast before that night's Yule Ball.

The ginger coloured cat yawned, it was a great day, the sun was shining through the girls dorm windows, the snow outside reflected the bright sunlight and Crookshanks decided to jump onto the cozy "big" bed like he does everyday. Yet, before he could even make it half way in the air he was frozen. Literally, he was frozen in the air, during midjump. He looked around frightenly, seeing the source of his 'magical' stop. Hermione quickly walks over with one hand in her hair and another holding her wand.

"Today, Crookshanks, you dont' get to share my bed. I've got to get ready, so you stay down on the floor okay?" she said gently replacing her furry friend back on the floor. "Go, shoo" she gesture. Crookshanks, now unfrozen shook his fur with annoyance and bounced off to find some better source of entertainment.

Hermione watched with a small smile as her 3 year friend walk out of her room. She shook her head and got back to getting her hair ready. It was going to be a long 3 hours if she wants her fuzzy head of hair to be the excate way she wants it.

On the other side of dorm tower of Gryffindor Harry Potter was just waking up with his best friend Ron at his side tearing about presents they recieved for Christmas

Feel free to continue... I'm not sure if that's how you guys wanted to start but ya... :blink: sorry if it sucked... :blink:

--mandy :angelic:

no it was great! Thanks for starting. Here we go....sry if this sucks...

Harry POV

“Arghh!” Harry and Ron exclaimed in unison. It had come as quite a surprise to say the least. One minute happily opening presents, and the next-SPLAT! Harry kicked himself for not knowing better when he first spotted the wrapping, a shocking green with loud pink and orange spots, and the embossed ‘WWW’ on the sticker. Yes, Fred and George Weasley were probably having a great laugh imagining Harry and Ron covered in what appeared to be Stinksap cleverly hidden in the end of the new quills they had sent. Harry picked up the note that had fallen out of Ron’s package.

Happy Christmas little bro and Harry!
Hope you two are enjoying our latest little brainchild! Haha. Now don’t look like that Ronnie-kins, it’s just Stinksap, it’ll wash off. Brilliant, eh? Neville turned us on to it after that plant of his blew up in the common room last year. Business has been booming, and mum’s just about stopped steaming. Thought you might like to try another little doozy in the making as well-let us know how it work, eh?

Your favorite brothers,
Gred and Forge

Harry noticed it for the first time in the bottom of the package. He eyed the colorful pink bottle labeled “WWW Hair Potion Number 9 for men-Great for parties!” suspiciously and shoved it under the bed to examine later-he had quite enough hair problems to be going on with thank you.

“Bloody Fred and George…bloody brothers, well I’ve had enough….” Harry jumped slightly as Ron came grumbling back from the toilet, a towel soaked in Stinksap in hand.

He caught the clean towel Ron tossed him and tried to clean up a bit. As if this wasn’t going be a crummy week already. “It's tonight, only a few more hours,” Harry reported glumly and Ron groaned. Both turned to look at the notice pinned to the boy’s dormitory door. They had procrastinated long enough. There would be a Yule Ball this evening and they would be going whether they liked it or not and with or without dates.

Hope that wasn't to bad...Someone wanna go on from here?

I'll try. Don't know how good it'll be, but I'm gonna try!

Thirty minutes later (including showers for Ron and Harry) the boys met Hermione in the common room.

"Happy Christmas!" she said brightly to the boys.

"Happy Christmas!" they responded.

"Have a good time opening your presents?" she asked, smiling.

"Oh the greatest," said Ron sarcastically, who then launched into the story of the present from Fred and George. By the time he finished Hermione was holding her side, laughing so hard form the mental images she was getting.

"I'm sorry I missed it," she said, when she was able to talk.

"We are too," added Harry, before suggesting they get breakfast, trying to change the topic.

The Great Hall was beautiful as always at Christmas time and this year it seemed to radiate even more beautiful this year. They ate quickly and then grabbed their winter cloaks and accessories and headed outside for a good, old fashioned, snowball fight. Running in three different directions, each quickly started to form their own snowball pile.

Ron, who was crouched down and putting the finishing touches on a great snowball, suddenly felt something cold hit the back of his head. The shock of being hit made him fall on his snowball he was making. Looking he up, he saw Harry grin and run in another direction.

"I'll get you Harry!"

Getting he up, he grapped another snowball and chased after Harry. He found him behind a tree and slammed snow in his black hair, then retreating. Harry, after wiping snow from his glasses, looked up and saw Hermione giggling at him.

"You think that's funny do you?" he asked her.

Hermione just smiled and started to run. Harry grabbed a snowball and ran after her. After a minute of chasing, Hermione finally slipped and fell to the ground. Harry, trailing right behind her, fell beside her. He then wordlessly put the snow in her hair before getting up.

"Harry!" she yelled, getting up.

Harry just grinned and went running in the other direction.

I hope that didn't suck guys! I (hopefully) left it at a good place for someone to continue.

(I'm going to be gone from about 1 today to tomorrow afternoon. I'm really sorry! I'll be on as much as I can, I promise tomorrow afternoon.)

:lol: ooo that was really cute sis! funny funny. makes me wish I was having a snowball fight right about now....I'll be back with the next bit later unless someone else wants a go.

This is so cool! :cool: You guys are great. Is this going to continue after the Yule Ball is over? I'm in a HP Role Play as Sirius, but, obviously, I couldn't fit in here.

*For the record: NO!!!!! I REFUSE TO BELIEVE HE IS DEAD!!!!!

amanda, you are welcome to add on if you want! It might continue depending on whether everyone wants to keep writing or whatever...and I forgot to say in the beginning, SIRIUS IS ALIVE!!! yes. we are part of the SAS, Sirius Appreciation Group so I'm sure everyone agrees that HE IS ALIVE! lol. Sry I didn't get around to adding last night, I will today. and feel free to join in if you want Amanda! ;)

thanks britt! im almost done! i think its cute, im not sure if this is where people wanted it to go but i want this to happen and so it will! :lol:

“HARRY! Come back here you ….you…” Hermione sat there in the middle of the battlefield unarmed and laughing hysterically.

“Can’t think of anything can you?” Harry winked at her as he molded another snowball in his right hand as he reached for his wand with his left.

Trying and failing to regain her posture, Hermione stood up tall and stumbled over her words, “No! I can think of numerous things to call you but …. It is just……fine….if you want name calling then..”

“Flyzot Leviosa!” Before Hermione could grab her wand to protect herself, a snowball came hurtling at her as Harry ducked behind a massive pile of snow. The snowball hit her smack dab on her forehead sending her hurtling back towards the ground in a heap of robes.

“Touche Harry, touché!” Ron stopped building his enormous snowball which would have come up to Hagrids beard if he had been present.

“ACK! Harry, you really did it this time! You are going to pay for this you blast-ended skwert!” Once Hermione had wiped all the snow from her face, her eyes quickly scanned the courtyard for Harry but he was out of sight. No one was in sight except three first years looking warily while trying to stifle giggles. “Where are you?”

Ron turned his attention back to his giant snowball which kept growing and growing while Hermione grabbed two snowballs in each hand and went off looking for the missing Harry. Meanwhile Harry slinked around the courtyard hiding behind trees and the stone columns supporting the covered walkways.

“Harry?! Seriously Harry show your self!” Hermione kept a watch over her back waiting for him to pop up any moment but he didn’t. “Harry?!” Finally she caught a flash of his robes duck behind Ron’s massive snowball which could now hide even Hagrid from sight. A mischievous smirk wound its way on her face as she surreptisosly tip-toed up to the two of them.

Without warning Harry jumped up and threw a snowball right into her face once again and before she could slam him with her two, he darted off down the hill that lead to the frozen lake below.
“Ugh! Harry!” Trying to hide her obvious glee at having to chase Harry, she glared at Ron and broke into a mad dash to Harry whose laughter tore through the walls of the courtyard.

~okay, horrible but an update and sorry its not longer or better, im just too tired! ;) :asleep:

yay! you have an SAS link now! :D You should go check out our list of fanfics too since you like this stuff, it's here. :smiley:

and Victoria, it didn't suck! It was simply mah-volous dah-ling. :P

I'm writing the next part, be back in a bit. :smiley:

:P ok guys, I had major writers block and wasn't very good at writing this first part expecially so I'm really sorry that this isn't great but the plot bunny hit me over the head and wouldn't stop bugging me until I'd gotten in the part about...well, read first and I'll put another A/N at the bottom.

Breathless from the frosty air and running all this way, Hermione found herself in the middle of an empty courtyard yet again. It was eerily quiet, ‘Much too quiet’, she thought to herself. The wind even seemed to have stopped blowing over the frozen lake and grounds.

“Harry?” she called hesitantly. “Harry, come out. It’s cold, we should head back i-eeek!” Hermione fell to the snow with a soft thud and a barely audible “ouf!” through her layers of clothing.

“Hehe, sorry Hermione didn’t see you there,” said Harry, helping her to her feet and flicking a bit of the snowball out of her hair with a twinkle of mischief in his eyes despite his sincere face.

“Harry Potter! That was not funny!” she said, trying to stay mad at him. It was no use she thought, rolling her eyes.

“C’mon you prat, Ron’s probably already left for dinner!”

“He better not eat all the pudding again,” he said with a slightly disgruntled that made her chuckle at her friend.
As they walked up to the of the Castle thoroughly frozen from the snow ball fight, they saw Ron ahead, but he wasn’t going in. He was pacing the stone steps and running his hands through his hair; Harry figured he must have been at it for a while because his hair looked no better than his now!

As they walked closer, they could hear Ron muttering to himself incoherently, he was facing away from them now and still hadn’t seen them.

“…Yule Ball…bloody dances, how they bloody hell’s a bloke to….Would you like to…..no…so are you going to the dance?-damn it, Hermione!”

Harry couldn’t help but chuckle at this, but felt his gut drop at the thought that he had to go too and he still hadn’t bothered to find a date. Hermione shot him a questioning and worried look; she obviously hadn’t heard what Harry had.

“You go on, I’m gonna take a shower and Ron and I will meet up with you at dinner, alright?

“Well, alright I guess.” Hermione replied, shooting another worried glance at Ron.

Harry pounded his feet on the stone stairs, making Ron jump and blush slightly. “Well, we’ve won the battle, mate,” he said with a pat on the back, he would just pretend he hadn’t heard. Ron grinned slightly at that, but he only succeeded in looking slightly maniacal with hair sticking up and a desperate glint in his eye.

“So,” Harry started carefully as they walked up to their dorms. “Thought any about who you’re going to ask to this Ball?”

“Umm, well you know, I’m just erm…waiting to decide who I want to go with,” he finished lamely. Harry just rolled his eyes and said, “Suuuuuuuuuure.” He jogged up the stairs a bit ahead of Ron, who had just stopped in his tracks.

“Oi! Wait a minute, what’s that supposed to mean?!” He said running to catch to up.

Harry didn’t have a chance to reply before they were overcome by the smell of too many different colognes and the nervous hum of 6th year boys talking about the night to come.
“Damn it, Seamus!” Harry shouted from one of the shower stalls in the loo. Once again, his roommate had used his shampoo and all but a drop! He wrapped a towel round himself and walked back out into the loo doorway and started to ask to borrow some.

“Sorry Harry! Big night you know, here you've got more, just use this stuff,” he tossed the pink bottle of “WWW’s Hair Potion Number 9” to Harry without looking and went back to getting ready for his ‘date’. Harry just rolled his eyes and went back to the shower.

The first thing he noticed when he opened the bottle to use it was the smell. There was a blast of fruity-flowery perfume that went as quickly as it came, and Harry could’ve sworn he had seen a strange pinkish light. He sniffed the bottle gingerly and didn’t smell anything strange anymore and attributed the light to his imagination and lack of food.

‘May as well,’ Harry and thought, ‘It’s not like there’s anything else, thanks to someone….” and finished his shower without anymore bursts of color or florid smells.

:lol: ok, so it was a bit stupid. I don't know how often guys wash their hair or use eachother's shampoo but I had to work in F&G's gift b/c like I said this dumass plot bunny just wouldn't leave me alone! lol :lol: so anyways, I though it might be funny to see the effects of Harry's using it (hint hint, in case you haven't caught on, he doesn't have a date and it's Hair Potion #9 :P :cloud9: ) you guys are welcome to develope it more....

Great job sis!

Just a question, are we putting ourselves in here--as in writing ourselves---or are we not doing that? Someone needs to then when they post somehow write how we (several of the dates) are coming in. Just thought I'd throw that out before I or anyone else goes on. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back