Season 5 Callsigns

Now we know that Thomas' callsign is Sidewinder and Rachel's is Oracle.

Like 'em or not?

Do you think there may be a reason they're called that?

I dislike Sidewinder and Oracle. I mean, there were cooler ones, I liked Syd as Freelancer. Not so much as Phoenix. And Vaughn as boyscout *smirk* I just wish that there was something different for them. Honestly, I doubt they have much meaning to the charater.

LOL!! I thought of Matrix too when I heard Oracle for the first time!

Isn't Sidewinder a snake's name? I thought that was interesting.

I like Sidewinder and Oracle.

I think Oracle definately has a meaning. In fact, an oracle is a shrine consecrated to the worship and consultation of a prophetic deity. I think we're being told that Rachel has a big role in Prophet 5.

My all-time fave Syd callsign is Freelancer, but each one she's had has been for a reason. Freelancer was her CIA callsign when she was a double-agent. Phoenix is her call-sign because she came back from the dead, risen from the ashes... like the mythical Phoenix bird... which I think fits. Might have worked better back in Season 3 though. *lol*

Oracle is a computer database program.... Rachel is a computer genius.... what else is there to this... Rachel is not mentioned by rambaldi

Never said she was. Doesn't mean she won't be. But I'm just saying she has more to do with Prophet 5.... whether it's taking them down or not, we'll see.

Back