Can you help a French girl?

cicinne

Cadet
I 'm French and I went to San Francisco last week for my holiday. There I bought a cook-book and I would like to try one of the recipes but I have a problem with the quantities! I'd like to know how many grammes a stick of butter is, or what a cup of butter is in gramme! I can't make my chocolate cake, so please, give me a clue! Thank you! I also don't know what the cream of tartar, persimmon and sour cream are...!
By the way, I loved san Francisco, it's beautiful!

i'm glad you like san francisco. i think it's 2.2 pounds per kilogram. i'm not sure though! then, in a pound, there are four quarts and then 2 pints in a quart and 2 cups in a pint. i'm sorry i'm not sure about grams.

cream of tartar - erm..it's kind of like baking soda...except i think bakign soda has something added to it

persimmon - its a type of fruit...it's orange colored...and hard to describe

sour cream - erm...o_0...can't help you there...it's just a sort of whipped dairy product that isn't sweet...subtly like cream cheese-ish but more whip cream like...it's really its own kind of thing...

thank you for your answers, especially the link for the conversion site, it's very useful, exactly what I neeeded. I can experience American cooking now! :P

:lol: Salut cicinne, alors tu vas nous faire goûter après ?
Moi aussi j'ai un bouquin pour faire de la cuisine américaine, mais il est en français et même dans ma langue c'est pas évident les ingrédients.

Back