Photography Canon DSLR: Rebel T4i (650D) vs 60D?

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
I'm looking at moving up finally to a digital SLR and, being a Canon fan, will be going in that direction. I have my eye on the newer Rebel T4i (650D). A step up from that would be Canon 60D which is positioned between the Rebel series & the xD series.

For the Canon fans out there, what are your thoughts between the 650D & 60D?

Nice phone! Not sure it slips in your pocket so easy though. Maybe it should come with a handy strap.

Merry Christmas to me! Merry Christmas to me! :D

Amazon has a deal I couldn't refuse. $799 (USD) for the Canon Rebel T4i with the new 18-135mm STM lens with a free case & free memory card. That comes out to about $250 less than other retailers at the moment. Another Amazon promotion going on is that with a purchase of select Canon DSLRs you can get $150 off of the $255 price of the Canon 55-250mm IS lens. At the end my price came out to $904+tax for the Rebel T4i, 18-135mm STM lens, 55-250mm IS lens, bag & memory card. Oh, and I'll be getting 2% back of the cost of the kit & additional lens back in the form of an Amazon Rewards to my account.

It is more than I would prefer to spend but it is a great deal and will be supplementing my Canon Powershot S2 from 2005. It won't be outright replacing it because the S2 is a point-and-shoot with a large zoom that is easier to toss in my backpack then a DSLR would be.

If anybody else shops at Amazon, you could do us a favor and click this link before you start shopping. (y)

Amazon.com. Spend less. Smile more.

Back