Can't figure out how to do something?

If you haven't used vB in the past some of the features are a bit different then say phpbb. If your having trouble their is a feature on the board at the top called "FAQ".

Its a search feature so lets say you want to start a poll but can't figure it out. Just go to the fact and type in poll and wammy u get a detailed explanation of how it works.

Still stuck post it here and we'll help ya out.

images

I don't seem to be able to link an image in my signature, nor am I able to upload an image for an avatar. FAQ has no relevant info. Permission setting? Error between keyboard and chair? :smiley:

Yes you are able to add both. In the user cp located at the top of the screen. When you click on that it will bring up the menu for edit signiture and edit avatar. You would link them the same you have before. You can either use the image button or the [img ] www.whereever its linked.com [/img]. It will show you then at the top of the screen a preview of your image. The same works with your avatar except you can load it right off your computer assuming its less then 19.5kb and 80x80 pix. Again you'll see a preview at the top of the screen. Make sure you select the use custom avatar button.

Now if you look at your posts its not there right?? well post something new and there it is. Hope this helps, though if you have anymore problems let us know. BTW your sig is working.

Ok.. Regarding signatures: I had to manually go into:
Edit Options | Thread Display Options | Visible Post Elements
and check the options for viewing SIGNATURES, AVATARS, and IMAGES.

Profile Image works fine.

Avatar Image does not appear to be working. It will not let me select an image.

I see:

No Avatar Specified
Avatars are small graphics that are displayed under your username whenever you post.
[x] Do not use an avatar
Note: if you have a custom avatar selecting this option will delete it.

"Do not use an avatar" is the only radio button option there.
There is no 'browse for image' option like there is under the Profile Image section.

Thanks. :confused:

So if im reading your post right your not able to post a custom avatar? The browse button is below where it says custom avatar and should be available to you. Now if its not i've informed the admins and they'll look at the permissions and make sure your able to do so.

You should also be able to have it linked from another site ie:imageshack or similar, let me know if your not able to do that. Also to add what you said (cause i forgot about that), you will also have to enable avatars and images if you want to view them. They are automatically disabled so you have to enable them.

If that doesn't help just repost and Tasoli or Frosty will take a look into it to see if the permission status is set right.

All better! It must have been a permission issue... I now see the 'Custom Avatar' section. I am able to link or upload an image.

Thanks! :smiley:

Back