Captain America Makes A Cameo In New ‘Incredible Hulk’ DVD

Robby

Helper Bot
Captain America Makes A Cameo In New ‘Incredible Hulk’ DVD

MTV Splash Page said:
101308_hulkcap.jpg
After director Louis Leterrier hinted that the Sentinel of Liberty, Captain America, would be making a cameo appearance in this summer’s “Incredible Hulk,” the internet has been a’buzzin’ with fans calling shenanigans after the Star Spangled Avenger never materialized in the theatrical release.

However, with the release of the new “Incredible Hulk” DVD, those who were hoping to see Cap make his cinematic debut (yes, debut – we’re just gonna forget about the original 1990 film) can finally catch a glimpse — and the key word being “glimpse” — of Cap and his mighty shield thanks to the new highly-touted alternate opening scene which takes place in the Arctic Circle, where a despondent Bruce Banner goes to kill himself having failed to come up with a cure for his curse.

Granted, those who want to see Cap will need the help of a super high-definition television and DVD combo, but if you look closely — very closely — he’s there in the background, frozen in ice just waiting to be found and reanimated a la his classic comic book origin. If you need further help spotting him, the fellas over at SlashFilm have a great series of photos as well as a drawing showing the outline of what’s clearly Captain America and his shield. Regardless, between this and Nick Fury’s appearance at the end of “Iron Man,” Marvel continues to give fans plenty to be excited about for their upcoming films.

So do you think that’s Captain America in the background, or is it just an ice patch that kinda looks like him? Sound off in the comments.
(Via MTV Splash Page)

If they can't tell whether it was him or not, they can't tell the colour of his skin?

The odd story recently of discussing Will Smith as a possible Captain America going round is certainly an odd one. Topical considering the possible next President of the US, but justr what liberties can you take?

Daniel Craig (current James Bond) has commented an American would make a better 007 as then there'd be none of his self defeating humour coming through.

The odd story recently of discussing Will Smith as a possible Captain America going round is certainly an odd one. Topical considering the possible next President of the US, but justr what liberties can you take?
A black Captain America really would not be that newsworthy. Just recently Nick Fury switched races and so did King Pin in the Daredevil movie.

Funny how genre fans tend to be more open-minded about stuff.

But, I digress. I don't think Will Smith as an actor would work as the Captain. Sure, we've seen him in films like ID4 and I am Legend but in neither movie he is a forceful character. Even in Hancock there were over-the-top scenes but throughout Will Smith tends to play emotional characters whereas a comic character like Captain America is one where the characters presence alone is commanding, able to impact the scene without even moving.

For an example of what I mean, Robert Downey Jr. was superb in Iron Man. It wasn't just a matter of being able to put on a suit but of actually being able to become the character. Considering the demons that Downey chased himself, in some of those scenes of Tony Stark's wild ways a viewer could find themself asking if it is Downey in character or Downey playing his former self.

So Will Smith as Captain America? I don't think so. It'd be like Patrick Stewart taking over the part of James T. Kirk instead of a totally different character.

I don't know what to say about captain america in the Incredible Hulk, but I'm totally ready for his movie. The marvel franchise has a die-hard fan in me and i'll watch every one. That being said I agree that I don't mind a bit if they make cap black, but I also don't really feel that will smith is the one. I'm sure he wouldn't completely f-up the movie, but C.A. really needs a strong silent type to bring him to life. Although it might be fun to have a loud-mouthed cussing captain played by sam jackson.

I don't see why they would need to make the marvel movie universe Steve Rogers black, since he's (essentially) exactly the same in both the 616(standard) and 1610(ultimate) universes. So far in the movies they've drawn up modern re-imaginings of the standard 616 stories, with the exception of Nick Fury (who, in the 1610 universe, was actually based on Samuel L. Jackson).

Anyway my real point is that there is already a different character that is a black Captain America: Isaiah Bradley - Wikipedia