Sci-Fi Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Alien Soup

Head Chef
The sequel to the 2011 Captain American movie, with Chris Evans, is slated for release April 4, 2014 and is tentatively titled Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Winter Soldier is based on the Ed Brubaker graphic novel of the same name that deals with Steve Rogers (Captain America) trying to cope with being thrust into the modern world after being frozen for nearly 70 years [see the first Captain America movie]. In addition to working with S.H.I.E.L.D., Rogers must comprehend being reunited with James 'Bucky' Barnes, his former WWII sidekick that was presumed dead but is now a brainwashed Russian assassin code named 'Winter Soldier'. Within the Marvel movie timeline Winter Soldier takes place after The Avengers (aka: Avengers Assemble).

Evans will be reprising the title role along with Scarlett Johansson as the Black Widow and Samuel L. Jackson as S.H.I.E.L.D. leader Nick Fury. Robert Redford has been recently reported to be attached to the project as well with his character being a high ranking S.H.I.E.L.D. officer.

The first official promo image from Winter Soldier has been released. :smiley:

Captain-America.jpg

I know they're trying to build hype, but I think this is too much. This is literally half a scene in the movie. Also, why do I keep seeing Winter Soldier without his mask? Isn't that spoilery?
That said, I can't wait for this movie, though I'm sad that it's not going to be Captain America smackin' Nazis.

Also, why do I keep seeing Winter Soldier without his mask? Isn't that spoilery?
Marvel is not treating the identity of the Winter Soldier as a secret, it is even revealed in the movie taglines (see first post), as it comes directly from the comics. The focus is on how the Cap'n is handling SHIELD turning into a Big Brother organization to prevent crimes before they happen and his loyalties.

That said, I can't wait for this movie, though I'm sad that it's not going to be Captain America smackin' Nazis.
Same here; I love the modern Marvel series they are doing but I grew up reading more of the classic Cap'n comics than the current day versions.

The trailers look good but I hope the sequel isn't a personal disappoint like the first movie. To me, the special effects were great, as well as the cast, but the movie turned into one big trailer; they just breezed through the plot with a long montage, there was no steady protagonist-antagonist conflict, and the scene where the soldiers had to be saved across enemy lines seemed like an entirely sudden and seperate story. I will still check out the sequel, just not with high hopes.

Back