Superheroes Captain Marvel (2019)

Tom

An Old Friend
Title: Captain Marvel

Tagline: Higher. Further. Faster.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: Ryan Fleck, Anna Boden

Cast: Brie Larson, Samuel L. Jackson, Ben Mendelsohn, Jude Law, Annette Bening, Djimon Hounsou, Lee Pace, Lashana Lynch, Gemma Chan, Clark Gregg, Rune Temte, Algenis Perez Soto, Mckenna Grace, Akira Akbar, Matthew Maher, Chuku Modu, Vik Sahay, Colin Ford, Kenneth Mitchell, Stephen A. Chang, Pete Ploszek, Matthew 'Spider' Kimmel, Stephen 'Cajun' Del Bagno, London Fuller, Azari Akbar, Mark Daugherty, Diana Toshiko, Barry Curtis, Emily Ozrey, Abigaille Ozrey, Marilyn Brett, Stan Lee, Robert Kazinsky, Nelson Franklin, Patrick Brennan, Patrick Gallagher, Ana Ayora, Lyonetta Flowers, Rufus Flowers, Sharon Blynn, Auden L. Ophuls, Harriet L. Ophuls, Matthew Bellows, Richard Zeringue, Duane Henry, Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Don Cheadle, Mark Ruffalo, Kelly Sue DeConnick, Vinny O'Brien, Joey Courteau

Release: 2019-03-06

Runtime: 124

Plot: The story follows Carol Danvers as she becomes one of the universe’s most powerful heroes when Earth is caught in the middle of a galactic war between two alien races. Set in the 1990s, Captain Marvel is an all-new adventure from a previously unseen period in the history of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Captain Marvel (2019)

Captain Marvel (2019)

PG-13 | 2h 4min | Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi | 8 March 2019 (USA)

Directors:
Anna Boden, Ryan Fleck

Writers:
Anna Boden (screenplay by), Ryan Fleck (screenplay by)

Stars:
Brie Larson, Samuel L. Jackson, Ben Mendelsohn

Carol Danvers becomes one of the universe's most powerful heroes when Earth is caught in the middle of a galactic war between two alien races.

The CAM copy has hit the interwebs.
I refuse to watch CAM or TS (Telesync) copies.
I'm looking forward to this because it is part of the
Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Brie Larson is certainly worth looking at.

I enjoyed it myself...but I really didn't have any expectations beyond this being another Marvel superhero flick. Only pitfalls I had were related to the particular theatre I saw it in...15 minutes past showtime before they had to be told that the movie hadn't been started, and then no sound for another 2-3 minutes (fortunately, they restarted the movie).

That, and if you've seen enough of the other Marvel shows/movies, the main plot twist isn't that much of a twist. Still an enjoyable show.

Haven't actually seen it yet.
I have a CAM copy but I refuse to watch CAM copies. (I get them as place holders)
Granted, I really want to see this but, I'm not willing to pay money to see it in theaters.
That should tell you something.

I genuinely liked the fact that they made a superhero movie that had absolutely zero romance or romantic history for the protagonist. Good dialogue. Otherwise, the MCU usual.

It always amazes me how they can take a character that can fly super fast, is invulnerable and super strong, yet nothing involving all three happens during the whole film. Zzzzzzzzzzz.